• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

UK Asians Hiring Contract Killers In India: Report

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada

UK Asians hiring contract killers in India: Report

PTI - 28 September 2009

LONDON: Britons of Indian origin have been hiring contract killers in India to murder targets such as friends and family members during their visits to India, an investigation has revealed.

Nearly 100 such murders of British Asians are reported every year in India, a report by the BBC Asian network claimed. Most of such murders take place in Punjab, it added.

The report, titled 'Passport to Murder', said that such as family or business associates are lured to the sub-continent, where contract killers can be reportedly hired for 500 pounds. The full report is scheduled to be broadcast on the network later today.

Scotland Yard says it is aware of the problem, while the Foreign Office says six British nationals are missing in India. The report said Punjab Police denied corruption allowed the British Asians behind such murders to evade justice.

A member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly, British-born Jassi Khangura, has investigated the trend which he believes claims the lives of between 50 and 100 overseas Indians every year.

He says most of the killings are carried out in Punjab where, he claims, police corruption and bureaucratic or legal loopholes mean the perpetrators are seldom tried.

The reported quoted the Punjab Police as saying the figures are exaggerated and denied that the force was riddled with corruption. Some victims' families are now turning to authorities in the UK for assistance, the report added.

Aug 17, 2009
Canada is also leading with such crimes, adding to punjabi gangs flourishing

Here is the synopsis of a fim on that scenario

Synopsis

The idea for this documentary, “A Warrior’s Religion”, has been germinating in my mind for the past three years. Growing up in a small town on Vancouver Island, I was insulated from many of the problems that have shaken the South Asian community in the Greater Vancouver area; I am now familiar with the epidemic proportions of South Asian youth violence. Grim statistics, such as the death of over 100 South Asian males in their 20s over the last 19 years, led me to pursue my idea.
The documentary is poetic in nature and told in the manner of an unbiased editorial. It features interviews with community leaders, media personalities, and other prominent figures in the South Asian community, along with historical references, news footage, crime statistics, South Asian youth interviews, and cultural comparisons.
My goal is to bring awareness to anyone who has misconceptions about this culture, including those within the South Asian community itself. Though strong references are made toward Sikhism, this documentary will relate its issues to other cultures and communities as well.
Sikhism is a predominant religion in the South Asian community in Greater Vancouver. And, statistics show that most of the gang-related murder victims were Sikh. I believe awareness is most needed within this group. As a Sikh, I am able to use my own knowledge and personal experiences to communicate this awareness.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM