• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Turban In Wrestling/Jiu-jitsu

gsingh2011

SPNer
Feb 21, 2010
I really love jiu-jitsu (a wrestling/grappling martial arts), but my patka ( :angrymunda: ) keeps coming off. A keski/choti dastaar also opens up quickly. Do you have any advice on how to prevent that or another style of turban to wear?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I really love jiu-jitsu (a wrestling/grappling martial arts), but my patka ( :angrymunda: ) keeps coming off. A keski/choti dastaar also opens up quickly. Do you have any advice on how to prevent that or another style of turban to wear?

Just tie your Patka tight.You may be tying it in wrong way.Just see Indian cricket teams's sikh Cricketers.There are hardly any instance when Patka of Harbhajan Singh or Sidhu come off even when they dive to stop the ball

BazGrewal

SPNer
Sep 17, 2010
When I wrestled I tied a flatter patka, but also put on a skull cap time thing over it which basically stretches to your head and comes off very difficultly so something like that could also work.

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
WJKKWJKF

I gave up playing rugby union as i rapidly came to the conclusion that turbans and long beards and rugby union where fundamentally incompatible on the other hand turban beard caused no problems doing weight traing and i;ve riden motorcycles over long distances at high speed and have not lost a turban yet

harshsingh

SPNer
Mar 13, 2011
New Zealand
Joginder singh Ji,

I love my Rugby, and am having a great year, when i startd Sikhi i realised i couldnt play anymore but then VAheguru reminded me of a great invention :D

The Rugby Headgear, i wear it over my joora and my Patka and sometimes even a small kesky.

Mr g SIngh, Headgear will not, at all come of as it is straped onto your head and is great to wear over patka.

WJKK WJKF!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM