• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Translation In Gurudwara

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Referring back to the language barrier for Sikhs post, I went to the Gurudwara yesterday and it was good to see they were translating stuff and apparently they do it every weekend using SikhiToTheMax software... it would be easy to me to operate this software as I am quite good at powerpoint and that sort of software, but I need more knowledge of punjabi... although you can search through transliteration it is still quite hard for me to pick up what they are saying... SO... I think someone from that Gurudwara has a friend in my area who might be able to teach me Punjabi... it's going to be so hard for me but if it all happens I'm willing to do it... YAY!

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Wonderful :wah:

John, I hope you realize, you are leading the way for many other places, where such implementation may be one of the foremost needs.

Feel free to reach us regarding your Punjabi needs.

Waheguru

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Khalsa_starr said:
I just got am english copy of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib! It is very comprehensive and alos have a comentary and end notes for new words.

The Punjabi-word-a-day is good idea, is it already up?

Wow... out of curiousity are you going to treat it like one would a Gurumukhi copy?

ssg

SPNer
Jan 27, 2007
tryin to read shakespeare and translate it to modern english loses its quality of meaning and some things just cant be translatedsame with SSGS. the time you spend tryin to read an english version i would spend learning gurmukhi

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
tryin to read shakespeare and translate it to modern english loses its quality of meaning and some things just cant be translatedsame with SSGS. the time you spend tryin to read an english version i would spend learning gurmukhi

Sadly, your post lacks any recognition or respect of other languages or other people with different backgrounds other than punjabi for that matter. Its not the sound of the words that matter, its the meaning of the message that really matters. If you do not translate the sggs into other languages, how will they know what the guru said? Learn gurmakhi? so now gurmakhi is the only language to learn now? is it higher than all others? Hell no, people should be able to learn sikhi in there own language, as it would apeal to them more, and at the same time give them the opportunity to not have to learn a whole new way of learning.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM