• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
''Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes.''

-Elvis

and....... 'My Voice is God's Will, not mine '

Elvis Presley

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
"Never underestimate your worth by comparing yourself with others. Do not concern yourself with what others deem as important. You are individual and unique. Your purpose in life is not to keep up with others or to overtake them, but to tap into your potential and to get ahead of yourself, always to be better than you were yesterday."

- Peaches Williams

Jan 6, 2005
Today's Enlightenment Thought:

To be a master is to be able to experience freedom. Usually whenever things go wrong we find ourselves caught up with our own weaknesses. We give in to them and find ourselves totally bound. This, in turn, makes us feel heavy as we feel helpless. Then we will never be able to overcome them. We need to remind ourselves of our own powers and the fact that our weakness is our creation and we are the master. The more we remind ourselves of this, the more we will be able to experience freedom and use these powers.

- godblessings.org

Jan 6, 2005
"I believe the world is divided in three groups: givers, takers and the few that can balance both impulses. Giving and loving is a beautiful thing. It is the currency of compassion and kindness, it is what separates good people from the rest. And without it, the world would be a bleak place. If you are a giver, it is wise to define your boundaries because takers will take what you allow them to; all givers must learn to protect that about themselves or eventually, there is nothing left to give."

― Tiffany Madison

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
“Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?”

Friedrich Nietzsche

My thought. Are those the only 2 choices?

Jan 6, 2005
The Twelve Gifts of Birth 

1. Strength is the first gift. May you remember to call upon it whenever you need it.
2. Beauty is the second gift. May your deeds reflect its depth.
3. Courage is the third gift.May you speak and act with confidence and use courage to follow your own path.
4. Compassion is the fourth gift. May you be gentle with yourself and others. May you forgive those who hurt you and yourself when you make mistakes.
5. Hope is the fifth gift. Through each passage and season, may you trust the goodness of life.
6. Joy is the sixth gift. May it keep your heart open and filled with light.
7. Talent is the seventh gift. May you discover your own special abilities and contribute them toward a better world.
8. Imagination is the eighth gift. May it nourish your visions and dreams.
9. Reverence is the ninth gift. May you appreciate the wonder that you are and the miracle of all creation.
10. Wisdom is the tenth gift. Guiding your way, wisdom will lead you through knowledge to understanding. May you hear its soft voice.
11. Love is the eleventh gift. It will grow each time you give it away.
12. Faith is the twelfth gift. May you believe

- Charlene Costanzo: "The Twelve Gifts of Birth"

itsmaneet

SPNer
Jun 13, 2012
Nagpur, India
"Deeve Thalle Nerra" - Though a lamp spreads light around but there's always a dark spot below it in form of it's own shadow.

Moral - Never be over-confident/proudy of your work. All have some or the other weeknesses.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Each of us has to find out for ourselves what is permitted and what is forbidden--forbidden for him. It's possible for one never to transgress a single law and still be a *******. And vice versa. Actually, it's only a question of convenience. Those who are too lazy and comfortable to think for themselves and be their own judges obey the rules. Others sense their own laws within them; things are forbidden in them that every honorable man will do in any day of the year, and other things are allowed to them that are generally despised. Each person must stand on his own feet.

Hesse, Demian

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I couldn't help but get this Des'ree philosophy out of my head 0:)

Money don't make my world go 'round
I'm reaching up for the higher ground
to a warm and peaceful place
I can rest my weary face
Life's answers we're trying to find
battling inside our minds
where do I go from here?
Will all my friends be there?

Cause we're livin, livin in a crazy maze
and we're fighting, we're fighting to rise above the haze
Light's at the end of the tunnel
Sometimes the journey is long
There are many theories
on who's right and who's wrong

Jan 6, 2005
“This is a dynamic and mysterious universe and human life is, no doubt, conditioned by imponderables of which we are only dimly aware. People sometimes say, "the strangest coincidence happened." Coincidences may seem strange, but they are never a result of caprice. They are orderly laws in the spiritual life of man. They affect and influence our lives profoundly. These so-called imponderables are so important that you should become spiritually sensitized to them. Indeed, the more spiritually minded you become the more acute your contact will be with these behind-the-scenes forces. By being alive to them through insight, instruction, and illumination, you can make your way past errors and mistakes on which, were you less spiritually sensitive, you might often stumble.”

- Dr. Norman Vincent Peale: "Stay Alive All Your Life"

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I couldn't help but get this Des'ree philosophy out of my head 0:)

Money don't make my world go 'round
I'm reaching up for the higher ground
to a warm and peaceful place
I can rest my weary face
Life's answers we're trying to find
battling inside our minds
where do I go from here?
Will all my friends be there?

Cause we're livin, livin in a crazy maze
and we're fighting, we're fighting to rise above the haze
Light's at the end of the tunnel
Sometimes the journey is long
There are many theories
on who's right and who's wrong

I knew you reminded me of someone lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL8M-K9F8_I

Money dont make my world go round - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
People Who Have No Hold Over Their Process Of Thinking Are Likely To Be Ruined By Liberty Of Thought.If Thought Is Immature,Liberty Of Thought Becomes A Method Of Converting Men Into Animals~~Allama Iqbal

Jan 6, 2005
"In the long run - everyone is different, but we are all human. Everyone deserves love no matter what they look like, everyone needs faith in their life, hope in their heart, and love to give for otherwise life will be terrible. Everyone makes mistakes, NO ONE is perfect (yes that means YOU reading this and it means ME as well). I believe we all need to be more accepting, less judgmental, more loving, less bitter, and more willing to look past the flaws at the person inside."

- Megan Wilson

Jan 6, 2005
182545_417022305019888_177575239_n.jpg

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that~~~Scene From The Movie Rocky Balbola

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM