• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
"You can gain more friends by being yourself than you can by putting up a front. You can gain more friends by building people up than you can by tearing them down. And you can gain more friends by taking a few minutes from each day to do something kind for someone, whether it be a friend or a complete stranger. What a difference one person can make!" - Sasha Azevedo

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
"Hum Jante The Ki Ilam Se Hum Kuch Janenge
Par Jana To Yeh Jana Ki Na Jana Kuch Bhi"

"I Knew That From Religious Books I Will Be Able To Know A Lot
But What I Am Able To Only Know Is That I Dont Know Anyhting"

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I just posted this on a different thread, and asked myself "Why has no one posted it here yet?" Part of the Serenity Prayer (attributed to theologian Ronald Neibuhr). This is the interfaith version as used by many 12 Step programs too. But it won't hurt for everyone to think it through! If only I could learn..............................

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Meditation is the re-examination of our daily actions- good or bad- and how to tilt the balance towards the former. It is the walking, talking, interacting self whose only goal is to make a difference, to pollinate the inner garden full of flowers so that the fragrance would ooze out with every breath, with every look, with every word and with every action.

Anonymous

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
ATTRACT THE RIGHT PEOPLE: "You can't expect to draw people into your life who are kind, confident, and generous if you're thinking and acting in cruel, weak, and selfish ways. You must be what it is that you're seeking - that is, you need to put forth what you want to attract." - Dr. Wayne Dyer

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom

"...This flowing forth of God always demands a flowing back; for God is a flowing and ebbing Sea, pouring without ceasing into all His beloved according to the need and the merits of each, and ebbing back again with all those who have been thus endowed both in heaven and on earth, with all that they have and all that they can...This is that Wayless Being which all fervent interior spirits have chosen above all things, that dark silence in which all lovers lose their way. But if we would prepare ourselves for it by means of the virtues, we should strip ourselves of all but our very bodies, and should flee forth into the wild Sea, whence no creature could ever draw us back again..."

- Blessed Jan Van Ruusbroec (1293 – 1381)

Last edited:

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
The aim of life is no more to control mind, but to develop it harmoniously, not to achieve salvation here after, but to make the best use of it here below, and not to realise truth, beauty and good only in contemplation, but also in-the actual experience of daily life; social progress depends not upon the ennoblement of the few but on the enrichment democracy or universal brotherhod can be achieved only when there is an equality of opportunity of opportunity in the social, political and individual life." (Page 124 of Jail notebook)~~ Bhagat Singh

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
"...God is more interior to us than we are to ourselves. His inward thrust or working within us, His acting in us, is nearer and more inward than our own actions. And therefore God works in us from within outwards; but all creatures work from without inwards. God in the depths of us receives God who comes to us: it is God contemplating God. We behold that which we are, and we are that which we behold. My words are strange, but those who love will understand..."
- Blessed Jan Van Ruusbroec (1293 – 1381)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
"...You never enjoy the world aright till every morning you awake in Heaven; see yourself in your Father’s Palace, and look upon the earth and air as celestial joys, having such reverend esteem of all, as if you were among the Angels. The bride of a monarch, in her husband’s chamber, hath no such causes of delight as you. You never enjoy the world aright, till the Sea itself floweth in your veins, till you are clothed with the heavens, and crowned with the stars: and perceive yourself to be the sole heir of the whole world and more than so, because men are in it who are every one sole heirs as well as you. Till you can sing and rejoice and delight in God, as misers do in gold, and Kings in sceptres, you never enjoy the world....The world is a mirror of infinite beauty, yet no man sees it. It is a Temple of Majesty, yet no man regards it. It is a region of Light and Peace, did not man disquiet it. It is the Paradise of God..."​

- Thomas Traherne (16361674)

Last edited:

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
“How came the bodies of animals to be contrived with so much art, and for what ends were their several parts?
Was the eye contrived without skill in Opticks, and the ear without knowledge of sounds?...and these things being rightly dispatch’d, does it not appear from phænomena that there is a Being incorporeal, living, intelligent...?”
― Isaac Newton, Opticks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikhi is a big tent. When the camel sticks his nose inside a lot of damage is done but repairs are swift. That is because this tent I call Sikhi is supported by only 3 poles: Naam Japna, Kirat karni, Vand chakna... not too many, not too difficult and there for everyone to take up at least one.

I rarely have thoughts. Today was the exception.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM