• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

This Is "naam". And More

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guru Piayare Jio Jee
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Naam cannot be described completely. Bhai Veer Singh Ji describes it as
under

Naam
a) Naam is the Name of Karta Purkh
b) Naam is the Ocean of the Virtues of the Akaal Purkh
c) Naam is the pictorial view of Waheguru
d) The process of keeping ourselves attached to Waheguru is called Naam
e) Striving to prepare to live as per Gurmat is Naam. Such efforts are far
superior to those of attempting to perform good deeds
f) As cold is driven away by exposing the body to sunlight similarly the
mind which is full of evil thoughts gets cleansed by submitting to the
thinking of the Guru and remaining in His company. Hence making efforts to
remember Him, motivates the mind to remain attached and under the influence
of the virtues of the Creator is Naam.
g) Naam is Eternal Knowledge
h) Inclination to spirituality and remembering to make efforts to move
towards Gurmat is Naam
i) Naam is to stay attached to Him while living in His Will.
j) Naam is the medicine for all ailments. Maintaining good health is Naam- Sarab Rog ka aukhadh Naam

This is not all. Naam is still more than what has been described........:happy:

Gyani jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

I wonder what your reactions are to this short video clip? There are some interesting ideas presented by Guruka Singh. I think your comments go rhe greater distance. But tell me what you think.

YouTube - What is Naam?

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
And then,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Eed7qTS5A
This is going to be one of my favorite kirtan files.

aad0002 Ji,
I listened to both of your posted videos. Gatkha Singh ji is describing Naam partially but when one listens to second video, concepts get wider. One cannot just go in that state of mind as gatkha Singh ji says, that is approach and state of mind, it is also said in SGGS ji that it is not that simple way. According to Bhai Veer Singh ji, concept is more clearer than Gatkha Singh ji's. There is hindrances in that way, only through loving Him one over comes those. Loving Him is not as simple as it sounds as we are programmed otherwise. Here first battle is needed to win, in Gurbani, those winners of that battle are also honred as worriors. if that battle is in pretty good shape, Naam abhyaas becomes easy and sincere otherwise there are thugs within looting us always. When we remember some thing, we remmember because of names, take exanple of flower of rose, you can visualize about rose flower ones you hear its name. So His entity as Infinite beyond birth must be printed in mind, must be understood; give any name but behind that name that entity should appear in mind. Since you have developed love for Him, your approach towards outside world will change. Then you will see" in grass He is gowing" because you have His entity in your mind that includes grass with Him. Step by step, progression takes place and eventually that state of mind becomes about what Gatkha Singh ji was talking.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM