• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Wolf Is More Sikh Than I Would Care To Admit

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I am floating above life, it seems to carry on below me, I do the best I can, I worship at the altar of Abraxas, I enjoy life, I do no harm, I help where it benefits me, but I am honest about it and my motives from the start, the meaning of life is now, right now, and damn the consequences,

now, the opposite of this must surely be

I am floating above life, it seems to carry on below me, I do the best I can, I worship Creation, I enjoy life, I do no harm, I help as per Hukam, it is hard knowing what to do to help sometimes, support, encouragement, teaching, can be more useful than straight help, it is as per the direction of Hukam, the meaning of life is now, right now, to make a difference

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
These are the utterances of an egoist. Sikhism appreciates humbleness in a person who earns his honest lively hood and shares his food with others (i.e. helps others) and, lives his life breathing the Name of the CREATOR.

I can furnish several shlokas from Gurbani where it is mentioned about ghosts,imps,specters, spirits and spooks. This is first in the series:-

ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਸੁਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਹੋਏ ਭਉ ਗਏ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਲਏ ॥ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਸਦਾ ਕਿਰਪਾਲ ॥ ਬਿਨਸਿ ਗਏ ਸਗਲੇ ਜੰਜਾਲ ॥੧॥ ਸੂਖ ਸਹਜ ਆਨੰਦ ਘਨੇ ॥ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਟੇ ਭੈ ਭਰਮਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸਨ ਭਨੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਸਿਉ ਲਾਗੋ ਹੇਤੁ ॥ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਬਿਨਸਿਓ ਮਹਾ ਪਰੇਤੁ ॥ ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪਿ ॥ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰ ਗੋਵਿਦ ਗੁਰ ਆਪਿ ॥੨॥ ਅਪਨੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਕਉ ਸਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰੈ ॥ ਭਗਤ ਜਨਾ ਕੇ ਸਾਸ ਨਿਹਾਰੈ ॥ ਮਾਨਸ ਕੀ ਕਹੁ ਕੇਤਕ ਬਾਤ ॥ ਜਮ ਤੇ ਰਾਖੈ ਦੇ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਥ ॥੩॥ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸੋਭਾ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਰੀਤਿ ॥ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਆਇਆ ਮਨਿ ਚੀਤਿ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਨੋ ਦਾਨੁ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਪਾਇਆ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ॥੪॥੩੩॥੪੬॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1149}

BHAIRAO, FIFTH MEHL: When the Guru was totally pleased, my fear was taken away. I enshrine the Name of the Immaculate Lord within my mind. He is Merciful to the meek, forever Compassionate. All my entanglements are finished. || 1 || I have found peace, poise, and myriads of pleasures. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, fear and doubt are dispelled. My tongue chants the Ambrosial Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || I have fallen in love with the Lord's Lotus Feet. In an instant, the terrible demons are destroyed. Twenty-four hours a day, I meditate and chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The Guru is Himself the Savior Lord, the Lord of the Universe. || 2 || He Himself cherishes His servant forever. He watches over every breath of His humble devotee. Tell me, what is the nature of human beings? The Lord extends His Hand, and saves them from the Messenger of Death. || 3 || Immaculate is the Glory, and Immaculate is the way of life, of those who remember the Supreme Lord God in their minds. The Guru, in His Mercy, has granted this Gift. Nanak has obtained the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 4 || 33 || 46

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
ah Palaingthaji, and how are the imps these days?

So by your reckoning, we should all be meek?
Enlightenment is a myriad of pleasures?
Chanting is good?
and physical demons exist which are destroyed!

dig a bit deeper my friend, there is still time

buddhushah

SPNer
Nov 17, 2010
great going harry bro.you seem to be one of the more enlightened ones,who can taste with the heart along with the taste buds.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
BUDDUSHAH, this message is for you.

There are people who live by praising others either they are in the right or wrong and, you belong to that catagory. You jump in the matter of discussions between 2 SPNers, but did not comment anything on the issue connected in the discussion but just praised one party. Such hangers on are called psychophants or parasites. And these people do not command respect in a society.
Shed this practice and become a person with own brain and opinion and you will be respected.
If you make saecastic remarks to any one you will get them back and if you make pleasing remarks you will be pleased. The choice is yours.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Buddashahji, please excuse my rather excitable friend, he is researching for his next book, 'how to win friends and influence people II', although I do believe there is a third book 'spelling and its importance', oh, and btw Palaingthaji, you may wish to go through your book again, it has many, many such spelling errors!

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Mr Irrlevent,
You will not change. Bad habit die hard. Try to reform yourself and become a gentleman.
Poking at others is a bad habit. Such people invariably get sound beating and you never know when it is going to happen.
It is a dirty habit. You always post irrelevant material. How the hell are you concerned what books I author.

c.c. to Admn
When I reply to irrelevant responses you delete them. Why the above taunting posting was not deleted? I posted two replies 1). to Alisa and 2(. to Giani Jarnail Singh and, I find both of them are missing. Is that a part of your policy?

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
ah Palaingthaji, and how are the imps these days?

So by your reckoning, we should all be meek?
Enlightenment is a myriad of pleasures?
Chanting is good?
and physical demons exist which are destroyed!

dig a bit deeper my friend, there is still time

Harry Haller has written something which he may be thinking that, his writing is a master piece. I have applied my mind to it. Such thinking and writings could only come from a PATIT SIKH (fallen to apostasy) and, therefore deserve no reply. But the part the Admn is playing, is woefully apathetic. A right thinking person will object to such rubbish write up and immediately delete, but the Admn has ignored this. Are the Admn a Party to it? If so, this could mean that Sikh Philosophy Network have no ethics but only care for the contributors to their Financial aspect. A Patit Sikh should have no part to play in affairs of "Sikh Philosophy Network", and therefore shunted out.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Where can one find the criteria for apostasy in Sikhi? Surely, a Khalsa may commit a kurehat - but Harry Ji is not an amritdhari.

Please point me to further reading about what constitutes such a person.

Remembering that nobody is perfect and we all struggle with our thieves.

SPN is rather light-handed when it comes to moderation of content. It is one of the few Sikh forums where posts can be submitted and displayed immediately instead of having to be screened by a moderator before being approved. SPN opens up freedom of speech and expression, particularly within the blog area.

Personally, I think you have over-reacted and been quite harsh with your comments.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
By cutting one's hair, inter alia, a Sikh becomes Patit, and becomes an outcast, while commiting a Kurehat , like eating Kutha Maas, a Sikh can seek pardon by approaching Panj Piras.
Now I want to know the official views of Admin, regarding the Shabads, .in Ardaas Sahib....."did not betray their faith, sustained their adherence to the Sikh faith with unshorn hair uptill their last breath, ....," the Rehat Maryada on the Keshas, and the meaning of Patit Sikh.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I am floating above life, it seems to carry on below me, I do the best I can, I worship at the altar of Abraxas, I enjoy life, I do no harm, I help where it benefits me, but I am honest about it and my motives from the start, the meaning of life is now, right now, and damn the consequences,

now, the opposite of this must surely be

I am floating above life, it seems to carry on below me, I do the best I can, I worship Creation, I enjoy life, I do no harm, I help as per Hukam, it is hard knowing what to do to help sometimes, support, encouragement, teaching, can be more useful than straight help, it is as per the direction of Hukam, the meaning of life is now, right now, to make a difference

It would seem to me that CREATOR is who you should be 'worshipping' and not 'creation' as that is illusion and transient. The meaning of life is to not waste this precious human body, it is your chance to transcend the creation and meet CREATOR. Yes you do this by helping and making a difference, but it's not about the here and now as the here and now are only part of the illusion, the sargun formed reality - by helping others not because hukam told you to - but because you do so by choice SELFLESSLY, realizing the same divine light is in ALL - that and by going within yourself instead of focusing outward on the Maya of creation... that is how you will find the nirgun formless CREATOR and realize the illusion for what it is......and that you are not separate from the ONE.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
It would seem to me that CREATOR is who you should be 'worshipping' and not 'creation' as that is illusion and transient.

I will let my eldest dog know that he is an illusion and transient, you must also be an illusion too in that case. Perhaps you could inform me how in fact I should worship Creator?

The meaning of life is to not waste this precious human body, it is your chance to transcend the creation and meet CREATOR

That is your point of view, mine is 180 degrees in the other direction, I have full intention of wasting this precious human body as it has no value to me whatsoever, I do not wish to transcend creation, I wish to embrace it, fully, to taste it, all of it, the dampness, the darkness, the dirt, the good, the palatable, the nice, its all the same to me. How can I dream of meeting a Creator that is not human? I am not here to, and nor do I have any interest in meeting Creator, my life belongs to Creation, it may do with me what it pleases.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Well, all I can say is that is a very selfish way to live...not to mention missing the mark completely. But enjoy it.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I will let my eldest dog know that he is an illusion and transient, you must also be an illusion too in that case. Perhaps you could inform me how in fact I should worship Creator?

That is your point of view, mine is 180 degrees in the other direction, I have full intention of wasting this precious human body as it has no value to me whatsoever, I do not wish to transcend creation, I wish to embrace it, fully, to taste it, all of it, the dampness, the darkness, the dirt, the good, the palatable, the nice, its all the same to me. How can I dream of meeting a Creator that is not human? I am not here to, and nor do I have any interest in meeting Creator, my life belongs to Creation, it may do with me what it pleases.

i would think you are right in doing what you are doing...as long as you're not hurting others then keep doing it. Creation is there for us to recognize waheguru...

we recognize light by stepping into the dark...otherwise we wouldn't question the existence of light.
in the same way...we will start to recognize the permanent through mingling with what is only temporary...

one day...whenever that may be....you will start to feel incomplete in such a way that no matter what you have in a material sense or in achievement gained in life through career, study, travelling etc etc...there will feel like there is something missing...that there is a burning inside which is not being put out.

that's when you may start to look beyond what you see, hear, taste, feel, and smell...

until then harry ji...keep embracing creation in the way that you are

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
i would think you are right in doing what you are doing...as long as you're not hurting others then keep doing it. Creation is there for us to recognize waheguru...

thank you, I also happen to think you are also right in what you do. As for hurting others, no, I feel other peoples pain too much to hurt others, it only ends up hurting me. I believe Creation is there for us to interact with it, is it that hard to recognise Waheguru in Creation?. Once this is recognised, is it not our duty to assist and extend every hand to those around us, not for the purposes of recognition, but to try and confirm our bond with the supreme through our bonding with Creation.

we recognize light by stepping into the dark...otherwise we wouldn't question the existence of light.
in the same way...we will start to recognize the permanent through mingling with what is only temporary...

light is light and dark is dark, even a child can tell that a rose smells 'nice' and a dogs bottom does not smell so nice, we have an inbuilt ability to know what is light and dark, one does not have to experience the dark to know the light, You and I have experienced the dark, we both have different stories on the subject.

one day...whenever that may be....you will start to feel incomplete

yes, I know this, but I am denied the state of completeness,

in such a way that no matter what you have in a material sense or in achievement gained in life through career, study, travelling etc etc...there will feel like there is something missing...that there is a burning inside which is not being put out.

I have had this feeling for near on 20 years, the burning has become less, I would say I carry an air of acceptance, that is not to say I am not happy, but complete, no that's for other people.

that's when you may start to look beyond what you see, hear, taste, feel, and smell...

again that option is not open to me, and certainly not one I would enjoy or appreciate. Some are destined for this, and for those, I hope it is everything that could be wished for, but the truth of the matter is that the lack of completeness you talk of, drives me to help more, to seek out those to help, because it is the only thing that brings me any peace. we are all here for different reasons, and we all see things differently, to you, Sikhism is your journey and I absolutely wish you well on it, to me Sikhism is a way of life designed to make me available for assistance to Creation. The minute I look beyond, then Creation loses me.

until then harry ji...keep embracing creation in the way that you are
thank you

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
light is light and dark is dark, even a child can tell that a rose smells 'nice' and a dogs bottom does not smell so nice, we have an inbuilt ability to know what is light and dark, one does not have to experience the dark to know the light, You and I have experienced the dark, we both have different stories on the subject.

Not sure what you mean here...

are you saying that if you were born, and there was no darkness...then you would still question the existence of light? you would have a constant level of brightness...it would never change...therefore theres nothing there to make you think...omg..what is this?

you can only recognize something, wonder what it is, contemplate it, study it, find out more about it...if there is an opposite...

the same duality is there with creation...and waheguru.....the temporary form, and the permanent formless...

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Not sure what you mean here...

are you saying that if you were born, and there was no darkness...then you would still question the existence of light? you would have a constant level of brightness...it would never change...therefore theres nothing there to make you think...omg..what is this?

you can only recognize something, wonder what it is, contemplate it, study it, find out more about it...if there is an opposite...

the same duality is there with creation...and waheguru.....the temporary form, and the permanent formless...

that is like saying one only knows good if one knows about evil.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
that is like saying one only knows good if one knows about evil.

good wouldn't be seen as good if bad didn't exists....in fact if only good existed we wouldn't be having this conversation...the thought wouldn;'t even arise in our head as to goodness...it would just be a behavior that we wouldn't question, notice, analyze or understand....it just would be...

think about it harry...it is because evil exists that a range of behaviors and consequences exists...if evil just wasn't there then all our actions would be instinctively good..there would be no other option...we would not know what bad is..

An 'Experience' of something only exists if there is an opposite...

if you was born colour blind, you would never question the existence of colour would you?

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM