Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

The Sorrow Of Losing Something I Never Had

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Seeker2013, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Seeker2013

Seeker2013 India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

It was early morning today . Dad and mom were going out to buy new footwear for mom . I didn't want to go but thought I might as well go with them to bring 2 new shirts for myself , after all a professional should have a bright, plain white shirt.
    We went , we enjoyed, had eat-out at a restaurant with mom and dad, bought 2 new branded shirts worth Rupees 1800 each . Then felt I should have matching pagg with each . So bought those as well.
    But still despite so much joy, I came back home anxious, worry-ridden and a hundred troubling questions racing inside my head

I wondered who will be there for me to eat with me at eat-outs when my parent have passed away ( in 5, 10 , 15 or 20 years maybe !) . With no siblings, I will be all alone .
    And what about the crisp white shirt that makes a man look handsome . Despite wearing it, I am insecure and restless in my mind as society looks down and ridicule men like me as an 'not-men'(just because I happen to like other men and can't help it) .

What good are these eat-outs and these good clothes when they bring so much anxiety to mind because they are so temporary and fleeting. I feel so anxious.

where is the everlasting peace ?

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Seeker2013, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sorrow Makes You Realize The Unreality Of This World And All Its Relations Hard Talk Nov 20, 2016
    Death is a sorrow but so is birth isn't it ? Jamman-maran is a Dukh!! Questions and Answers Jun 23, 2015
    Sukh and Dukh (Happiness and Sorrow) Spiritual Articles Feb 21, 2007
    The Destroyer of Sorrow Gurmat Vichaar Apr 27, 2006
    Sikh News Abandoned Brides - Canada's Shame, India's Sorrow ! Breaking News Oct 16, 2005

3. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

people change, things change, why worry about what is going to happen in 5-10-15 years when you may not be the same person.

I used to worry about being alone, and now I am possibly the loneliest I have ever been, but also the happiest, stop worrying, today is good, give thanks for that, otherwise you may find yourself never happy, you will always find something that will ruin it, which is an awful life, just be grateful for today

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seeker2013

Seeker2013 India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

I might not be the same person, but considering how little I have changed (or so I think) in the last 5-10 yrs, I wonder

5. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

maybe you do not allow yourself to grow, maybe you do not push yourself, to see what is your potential, maybe the fear of failure dogs you, maybe it stops you learning and growing,

you will feel this way in another 5 or 10 years if you do not grow and learn, they call it maturity, it is a concept I am experimenting with

6. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

MERA MUJH MEIN KUCH NAHI KIRTAN & MEANINGS - on Youtube.