• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism The Rise Of Hindu Extremism

May 24, 2008
It is matter of great concern for minorities in india -sikh , christian , muslims

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Opinions

EDITORIALS

BJP’s doublespeak

BJP chief Rajnath Singh has not done his party proud by attacking the government for arresting some suspects in the Malegaon blast case. Until the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) of the Mumbai Police zeroed in on Sadhvi Pragya Singh, the party’s pet theme had been that the Congress-led government had been soft towards terrorists. In the meantime, the ATS has arrested a few suspects, including a serving Lieutenant-Colonel and the head of a Jammu Peeth. Initially, the BJP leadership took the right stand that terror did not have any religion and no leniency should be shown to the suspects. As investigations throw up evidence that some of them had links with other terrorist incidents like the one on the Samjhautha Express at Panipat, some BJP leaders like Mr Rajnath Singh have come up with the argument that the government was denigrating the Hindu community and the Army. This only betrays their warped thinking.

If anything, the Malegaon blast shows that bigots are not confined to any particular religion. To see some terrorists as “our terrorists” and others as “their terrorists”, as some political leaders do, is to give a new dimension to the whole debate on terror. Terrorists are first and foremost enemies of the people and they deserve no mercy. If proper investigations into the blasts at Ajmer and Hyderabad are carried out, they will expose the double standards employed by the investigating agencies and some political leaders. Nobody doubts the integrity of the Army just because a black sheep in uniform was caught masterminding a terrorist attack. Similarly, the arrest of a Sadhvi or a Swami does not mean Hinduism is under attack. To make such a claim is to draw political mileage out of it.

The BJP’s commitment to fight terror will remain compromised if its leaders like Mr Rajnath Singh indulge in doublespeak. Early this week, two RSS workers were blown to pieces while they were making bombs on the premises of a temple in Kannur district in Kerala. A day later, the police recovered 18 bombs from another worker’s house in the same area. Furtherance of cultural nationalism that the BJP chief is fond of talking does not require illegal bombs. Parties like the BJP and the Shiv Sena will do well to allow the ATS to investigate the Malegaon case, rather than put a spoke in its wheel.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Thanks Dalbirk ji for posting this report; it shows why India is detouring from secularism.
Any country that targets only one religious community as a base of terrorism will actually get surprises now and then. In India, this practice is going on for a while. Terrorists have no religion, fanatics claiming any religion will destroy the harmony of the society whenever they get chance. The behavior of people should change regarding the concept of terrorism and stop targeting a few religious communities. This report shows how political parties with their base cells play games even when the country faces a tragedy. When a community in majority has such cells, it should respond wisely and help the Government to root out the culprits. I am sure, it will not happen till it leads to civil war like riots.

Mar 26, 2006
The extremism of the Hindu Factions is slowly emerging. There are a number of 'intellectuals' amongst us and in the media who show their 'deep concern' and by all means use this as a chance to blame India and its majority.

They have turned a Nelson's eye to the activities of Islamic Jehad over the years, from 1989 India and hindus in particular were a victim of jehadi activities starting from Kashmir and slowing spreading its tentacles all over the world. These so called intellectuals go in hibernation when there is a bomb blast in New Delhi, or even when the Parliament of India is attacked.

There have been an alarming 3,50,000 kashmiri hindus living refugees in their own country.
  • 350,000 Kashmiri Pandits, constituting 99% of the total population of Hindus living in Muslim majority area of the Kashmir Valley, were forcibly pushed out of the Valley by Muslim terrorists, trained in Pakistan, since the end of 1989. They have been forced to live the life of exiles in their own country, outside their homeland, by unleashing a systematic campaign of terror, murder, loot and arson.
  • Genocide of Kashmiri Pandits has reached its climax with Muslim terrorism succeeding in 'CLEANSING' the valley of this ancient ethno-religious community.
  • With the completion of fifth year of their forced exile, this peace loving, culturally rich community with a history of more than 5000 years, is fighting a grim battle to save itself from becoming extinct as a distinct race and culture.
Here is a documentry which tell their story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2vs...] - [B]Part[/B] 2 (on [B]...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZ you can start with Part 1 which is listed on the right hand side.

Here below the link has some facts
Truth on Kashmir and Terrorism in India

There been enough done in India to have the majority react. We Sikhs were silent when Bhindranwale ran the show in Punjab of course with the help of Indira, we dint protest when there were assasinations and pogroms. We dint react when Bhindranwale turned our beloved Hari MandarSahib into a hideout and piled arms and explosives. What have we done to protect the country and our identity from getting labelled as terrorists.

What have we done as a community to root out culprits from our community ? We have babbar khalsa running the show in UK and Canada..spitting hatred against hindus and India.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Two wrongs do not make it right, blaming on a community on the past and continue ignoring current problems is clear cut reason why India is losing its secular harmony.
If enough is enough felt on one side, when that enough will be accepted on the other, I wonder !
All reactions hold an underlined action

Mar 26, 2006
The beginning was done by these 'minorities' and the reaction will be obvious from the majority...when some one starts they have to know that their actions will have a U-turn ..
The muslim league was setup in 1906 ..
Akhil Bhāratīya Hindū Mahāsabhā , a Hindu nationalist organization, was originally founded in 1915 to counter the Muslim League

The majority is known to always react ...history has been a witness to it.

The 'minority' should know that its roots are not in the sands of Arabia , they are in the lush green fields of Bharat.

They glorify the barbaric acts of Mughals ...does the Sangat think is that something to be glorified...

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Two wrongs do not make it right, blaming on a community on the past and continue ignoring current problems is clear cut reason why India is losing its secular harmony.
If enough is enough felt on one side, when that enough will be accepted on the other, I wonder !
All reactions hold an underlined action

Whether You accept it or not But islam does not beleive in secularism.Whenever they reach majority they crush minority and impose islamic laws and when they are in minority They Shout for secularism.It happens again and again With the creation of pakistan and bangaladesh are examples

BTW I personally beleive that Bomb blasts and attacks on christians are totally unjustified which are guilty of it should be punished for that

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Whether You accept it or not But islam does not beleive in secularism.Whenever they reach majority they crush minority and impose islamic laws and when they are in minority They Shout for secularism.It happens again and again With the creation of pakistan and bangaladesh are examples

BTW I personally beleive that Bomb blasts and attacks on christians are totally unjustified which are guilty of it should be punished for that

We do not learn from filthy ideology but from Guru Sahiban who never detoured themselves from Muslim community regardless harsh treatment they received at the hands of fanatic officials. I do not need to give examples, I guess.

Mar 26, 2006
Unfortunately for some intellectuals the 'filthy' ideology inspired my Dasve Paadshahji to create KHALSA...HE militirised the bhagati based Sikhi into Sant Sipahi...and fought mughal tyranny...

The Ugradanti has verses like 'Madhi Ghor Deval Masitaam Girayam' which can be translated into creating huge temples and destroying mosques'

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
We do not learn from filthy ideology but from Guru Sahiban who never detoured themselves from Muslim community regardless harsh treatment they received at the hands of fanatic officials. I do not need to give examples, I guess.

Its true That we should learn from Guru sahiban

But On the other hand shoulndn't we ask from common muslims why are they silence
about the persectution of minorities in their countries.Why only issue of palestine,kashmir and how to islamise this world is raised in OIC .Why they always vote for fanatic parties in their countries and then cry that an ordinary muslim is not a fanatic.

I am sorry to say but it clearly looks like That majority of common muslims support this filthy ideology and if they support that Then they all are guilty

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Only one side is remembered about Guru ji and rest is being ignored due to filthy ideology otherwise while fighting Mughal tyranny Guru ji fought Hindu fanatics also known as Hindu kings as well. Guru ji treated Muslims and Hindus as he treated his Sikhs. That is the only lesson valuable in today’s tough times. Who truly believes in Guru, cannot fall for baits thrown by fanatics of any religion.

Mar 26, 2006
i respect all religions ...and woudlnt label islamic 'jehad' filthy...i m secular:)

well what i belive is a {censored}roach is a {censored}roach ..a snake is a snake..each has its own qualtiies..the mosquito has its qualtiy to inject and suck blood..and while doing this ..when our body senses it..what does the hand do ??? It raises and crushes the mosquito...and thats what we are suppose to do...

do we research on educating the mosquito to not bite a human ? what we do is simple...crush it...

so we need to be reminded...we cannot change the mosquito..nor can we change the jehadi..we need to simply crush it...well..we have intellectuals and media who will be hurt...unfortunately it seems some DNA strands of the jehadi mosquito are in them..but after some time ....these people will realise ..they are outdated..outnumbered ...and have to change according to the flow of the wind

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Its true That we should learn from Guru sahiban

But On the other hand shoulndn't we ask from common muslims why are they silence
about the persectution of minorities in their countries.Why only issue of palestine,kashmir and how to islamise this world is raised in OIC .Why they always vote for fanatic parties in their countries and then cry that an ordinary muslim is not a fanatic.

I am sorry to say but it clearly looks like That majority of common muslims support this filthy ideology and if they support that Then they all are guilty

Acting like fanatics or supporting fanatics is available in all religions. I do not disagree with you on their silence but whole community should never be judged on a few people's actions or behavior. In 84 innocent Sikhs were butchered,some fanatic Sikhs blame all Hindus, they ignore how Hindu community actually stood by Sikhs; in the same manner, there are Muslims who openly oppose and call names to terrorists for bringing bad name to Islam, at least I witnessed that. Never follow the crowd mentality, stick to Guru who is very much present in Sree Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The rest talk is filth.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Only one side is remembered about Guru ji and rest is being ignored due to filthy ideology otherwise while fighting Mughal tyranny Guru ji fought Hindu fanatics also known as Hindu kings as well. Guru ji treated Muslims and Hindus as he treated his Sikhs. That is the only lesson valuable in today’s tough times. Who truly believes in Guru, cannot fall for baits thrown by fanatics of any religion.

Pk70 ji

This is not the answer to my question

Btw The muslims that were with Guru ji were very seculer and if democracy was the system at that time then they could have voted for people like Dara shikoh and not Aurangzeb.But majority of muslims at present time support their ulema's and shariat

As far as Hindu fanatics are concerned majority of hIndu's by and large are seculer
RSS,BJP are trying to grab power from past 60 years but still they are not voting for them Though They are moving toward fanaticism

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Acting like fanatics or supporting fanatics is available in all religions.

I agree you with that supporting fanatics is in all religions But here islam is slightly different In my above post I give you example that how Hindu fanatics
are unable to grab power In India.While in pakistan power swiftly fell into the hands of fanatics.In bangladesh too the condition of hindu's is not so good
In both the countries The population of Hindu's actually declined while in India population of muslims increased

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Pk70 ji

This is not the answer to my question

Btw The muslims that were with Guru ji were very seculer and if democracy was the system at that time then they could have voted for people like Dara shikoh and not Aurangzeb.But majority of muslims at present time support their ulema's and shariat

As far as Hindu fanatics are concerned majority of hIndu's by and large are seculer
RSS,BJP are trying to grab power from past 60 years but still they are not voting for them Though They are moving toward fanaticism

I agree as I quoted above how they stood by Sikhs. Debates sponsored by universities I watched, Muslim secular scholars speak against it.
We are responsible for our own actions and cannot leave our Guru by reacting to those fanatics. If always some doubt about us, tie us with fanatics, frustration is inevitable; however, is it justified to act as others do atthe cost of Gurmat?

Mar 26, 2006
The hindu Rajahs who opposed the Guru Maharaj ji were the slaves of the mughals ..they were as good as them...they knew no religion ..what fanaticism could they have ..all they knew was to have wine flowing and nautch girls dancing for them....they fought the Guru not for dharam..but for their own selfish means

If history has been a subject which is studied ...then it may be known ..that the people who fought against Mughal or British Tyranny was facing the biggest resistance from one's own countrymen who were like todays intellectuals ..pulling the leg of one's own
i shall give some examples

Guru Gobindsinghji - Resisted by hill Rajas

Maharana Pratap - Resisted by Rajput kings, his own clan..

Chchatrapati Shivaji Maharaj - Resisted by many Maratha chiefs..who had loyalty with the Mughals...his own father also was one of the loyalists...his own people again....

Prithviraj Chauhan - History is aware Jaichand his father in law joined hands with Muhmad Ghori..

Sardar Bhagatsinghji - One of his own became the witness under pressure though

Mar 26, 2006
Discussions are not about winning and losing..i would never claim about winning and defeating ...its immature..we may agree to disagree....We should understand we are brothers and the same blood flows in us..i understand we cannot just say that we are a militant Panth..i agree that we have more spirituality to talk about ...rather than resistance...however the pages of history and incidents in india have been creating anti jehadi feeling in all Indians...

Mar 26, 2006
the pain of 84 is in me too...its a deep cut and the wound is fresh ..it hurts and bleeds at times ..i know the feeling...i was 7 then...however i know how this started and what infused mobs...a political power was involved and we were victims because we had been mute spectators when we should have stood and protested...we paid a heavy price...i would never call those hindu infused riots ..since i know it wasnt about hindu reaction..it was anti sikh riots...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: