• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General The Original Concept Of Akalpurakh - Dr. Gurbhagat Singh

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
The word "Allah" does mean "God", but if you actually read the Quran, a picture develops of that being's personality, directions It gives for Muslims to follow, etc. In the same way Jehovah gives to his people. Which is very different from the Purakh described in Gurbani. So I'm not trying to "twist it around" but observing that the descriptions in the relevant scriptures give me the impression of separate gods.

Yes, you got it, Native Americans don't have anything to do with Hinduism, hence why I've asked you what you believe about the existance of their Gods (or Mayans, or ancient Greeks, or Asatruar, or Celts, etcetcetc).

At the end of the day I'm only going to be concerning myself with Ik Onkar / Naam as recommended by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, but each to their own.

I am with Ik Onkar too, but whenevr I mention the Hindu Dieties, I never say are the ultimate one and only God, I am just saying that they exist; just because they exist does not mean they are God. If I did not believe in Ik Oknar I would not even be here in this forum or say I am Sikh lols.

Wonderfully said by my brother SP ji.In Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it is mentioned in terms of deities and names as to millions of Shiva, Krishna, etc., in creation. The logic fundamentally is that this fetish on a specific Krishna, Rama, Vishnu, Shiva is simply that. Creator has created millions (uncountable many) variations to suit the needs and not one specific is of any greater or lesser significance.

Sat Sri Akal.

If I may correct you, I read that it means he can create millions but there is only 1 copy of the teen lok (since they are immortal). Since Shiva is Shiva, an actual identity and has his wifes like Parvati, I don't see how there can be more than one considering that all these story are like not done once. But I do agree Brahma Devta does die, but he gets reborn at the same place after 100 years.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Krishna, Rama, Vishnu, Shiva is simply that
Veer Ji I think they might be representatives,just like her Majesty is represented by her Commissioned Officers in the Military,thus when the complimentary salute is offered it always goes to the Monarch it's just her represenative who actually recieves and returns the compliment on her behalf.
I guess Sri Vishnu is Navy Commander if you wish to extend metaphor , Thor would be special forces of some sort, as it's the Army central ethos of Truth which is being promoted by these manifestations.If anyone is in love with a particular Akaal Purukh representative then that is taking him closer than actually disliking one.

Last edited:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
I think you guys do understand what I am trying to say, the Brahm Deities are not God, but they definitely exist and deserve some respect.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: