• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Language Of The Khalsa

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
The Language of the Khalsa

Also known as : GarrGaj Bola (The Thundering Language), the language of the Khalsa is another example of Charrdi-Kala in the Panth. Containing a mixture of Panjabi, Farsi, and Brij Bhasha, the Bola's characteristics are uplifting, buoyant, cheerful, and often humorous. The Bola truly brings out a sense of Charrdi-Kala to uplift even the gloomiest of spirits. Below is a very small list of commonly used words and phrases and a list of rare Jaikairay (Battle-Cry of the Khalsa) is also given.

Please check out

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/sdpn/khalsa_bola.php

Thanks

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
This is an AKJ website so the stance is from the AKJ point of view. For example the Rehat Maryada stated here is their own Rehat Maryada and not that sanctioned by the SGPC.

eg

[FONT=Arial,Verdana, Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Verdana, Helvetica]Kach, Kara, Kirpan, Kangha, Keski, Eh Panj Kakkari Rahit Dharay Sikh Soeey
- [Rahit-Namah Bhai Chaupa Singh Ji]

Cleary NOT the Sikh kakkars.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Randip ji

Thanks for the clarification. I think what was happening here was a focus on the terms and sayings. I can myself benefit from knowing these -- it is a shortcoming of mine. But it is also very important to point out the biases in varous resources on the site. You are correct. The hukamnama even is in lareevaar.

:D

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip ji

Thanks for the clarification. I think what was happening here was a focus on the terms and sayings. I can myself benefit from knowing these -- it is a shortcoming of mine. But it is also very important to point out the biases in varous resources on the site. You are correct. The hukamnama even is in lareevaar.

:D

We as forum leader must tell people which bits seem to be compatible with main stream Sikhi and which diverge.

There are many websites out there that are good, but are set up from AKJ, DDT, Namdhari, Radaoswami, 3HO point of view. This should always be made aware here.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM