• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Importance Of Panth

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
In another forum I read this post and I found it quite interesting

-------------------------------------------------------------------
During great holocaust near malerkotla, sikhs fighting under the command of Jassa singh ahluwalia were cordoned off by Muslim invaders and were being killed in great numbers everyday.They did not lose heart and when battles stopped at sunset, sikhs did rehras and ardas. Finally when numbers had dwindled greatly, Jassa singh said in ardas " He Akal purakh panth de sahai ho.Agar Panth hai tan Granth hai. Agar panth nahin tan Granth nu kaun puchhega"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translation -- If there is panth then only there is Granth.If there is No panth then who will care about granth

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Translation -- If there is panth then only there is Granth.If there is No panth then who will care about granth

I agree

The shabad is always there whether there is anyone to hear it or not. But, the panth always reminds us that the Granth is the eternal teacher of the Shabad. Without students, there is no teacher.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
EXACTLY..that is why Guru Gobind Singh Ji has said..
GURU KHALSA PANTH...in the TABIAH of the GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI.
The PHYSICAL BODY is that of the KHALSA...and the SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE is in SGGS.
BOTH are EQUALLY VITAL.:welcome:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
If there is no Panth than the Granth becomes just one more unread leather bound book on the book shelf. It may beautify the surroundings, but what good is the beauty when there is no one to appreciate it?

What I am trying to say is that Panth lies within every Sikh. Panth is the desire, the inner quest to learn, improve and share.

In other words having SGGS at home, reading it as a Sehaj Paath for the dear ones' birthdays or to commemorate other occasions or arranging annual Akhand Paaths - the 3 day festivities for the gatherings of the relatives and friends, without studying it line by line, ang by ang to truly understand the message is like having the Granth without the Panth.

A timeless message can not have a time limit.

Just like one more leather bound book beautifying the book shelves with many others.

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
A poetic expression of very deep intuitions -- I never thought of it quite that way. The panth lives within as well as without. :idea:

Thanks.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM