• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Dasam Granth Is NOT Wholly Gurbani Based/ Factually Supported!

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I have never understood the reason for the debate in the first place

There is a distinction between literature in the form of a book and a Guru that conveys deep knowledge

Why try and combine the two?

Is their something lacking in SGGS?

Is it incomplete?

I would suggest anyone who answers yes to these questions is moving beyond Sikhism and the Sikh faith

If the answer is no, then I would suggest their is no reason for this debate and it is completely pointless

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
Seeker Ji,

"I have never understood the reason for the debate in the first place..."
There is a distinction between literature in the form of a book and a Guru that conveys deep knowledge"

Unfortunately, not all think like this.Even here we can see many cannot separate the two and are still claiming dasam granth as that object that "gives" beer ras as alleged.There would have been no debate if every one recognised it as you do.

They have forgotten, it was not dasam granth that made people Like Bhai Taru Singh,Banda Singh Bahadur,and thousands of other Sikh martyrs.Dasam granth was NOT even in existence during the life time of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

They have forgotten that it was the gift of AMRIT that gave the "Bir raas" and made sparrows take on the might of the hawks and triumph.It made a single sikh capable of facing mentally the might of swa lakh.

Dasam granth was not even in existence to give that beer raas!The excuses about beer raas are made by the same people who know no difference between Guru Granth sahib and the dasam granth!

Others listen to such tales and carry it on.I would not be surprised if some say that Guru Granth is for fakiri and the dasam granth is for piri at some stage in future.Such are self concoted tales that fly around!Some others will just take part in it for the sake of appearing to know something about it and waffle along making the issue more complicate dthan should be!

The point is when the debate about the dasam granth erupts it rocks the panth severley; if you care to look around .You will find just as many sites that promote this and many others that speak against it.

My article was to explore the contents and lay that bare for sikhs to then decide for themsleves what it really is.There is no issue or any suggestion of combining the two granths.

One is a granth, and the other is GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji.I have never ever dreamt they can complement each other in any which way.The non guru granth contains over 70 % non bani literature -if one can call that literature , much of it erotic and exotic in nature that has no semblance to the Universal Truth Revealed through shabad -Word-Gurbani.

Unfortunately, it is not a pointless debate.How can it be when the place of Guru Granth sahib has been often usurped along side the palki by the "literary" granth known as dasam granth?

I would believe if one suggest that we close an eye and make it a pointless debate when it is placed along side the Guru Granth sahib, then I would say it is pointless us being Sikhs.We then rather declare like the RSS has been trying for years immemorial that we are kesadhari hindus who believe in the durga devi-as that is what is said among one of the tales in the dasam granth -that Guru Gobinbd Singh was the pujari of durga in his previous birth and born off the skin of a tiger.

debate closed for ever!

Last edited:

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
I thave taken Amrit in the 'SGPC version of amrit sanchar' at my Gurdwara by the nagar kirtan. There were panj pyares and a whole bunch of other people taking it as well. :) I didn't really know what to do so a friend just told me everything to do at the time haha.

Kamla Ji, you must forgive my inability to understand.

Interesting how you went along and did what the friend told you.I wonder what the panj piare were doing while the friend kept telling you what to do...Did the SPGC know that you had a friend who was telling all the right things!

oh by the way where is this Gurduara "by the nager kirtan"?

May Guru Ji bless you, your friend & the panj piare!!

It is just my bad sense of humour, often takes the better of me!

I am trying to understand ....

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kamla Ji, you must forgive my inability to understand.

Interesting how you went along and did what the friend told you.I wonder what the panj piare were doing while the friend kept telling you what to do...Did the SPGC know that you had a friend who was telling all the right things!

oh by the way where is this Gurduara "by the nager kirtan"?

May Guru Ji bless you, your friend & the panj piare!!

It is just my bad sense of humour, often takes the better of me!

I am trying to understand ....

It is not every day you see such refreshing honesty..................many people have taken Amrit in this way, not many have been as honest about it..

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
It is not every day you see such refreshing honesty..................many people have taken Amrit in this way, not many have been as honest about it..

yeah..we have a Malaysian born bred Baba who wanted a huge amrit ceremony in a STADIUM..bob hope style...fortunately strong opposition on the ground made him rethink..postpone for a while....hes presently planning in private...the way things are going its a matter of time before he does it and nobody will object...as everybody will be in his camp....Then Maybe Malaysia will be on the world Sikh map....and the Baba will be a Sikh Bob Hope...

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
"Gurcharan Singh ji,
The history of the book now called dasam granth seems a lot like hearsay. There is a lot of ifs and buts and no proof, which a lot of people seem to ignore. The DG has no solid history and that is another fact stacked against its authenticity"

Gurmukho as I have said, before , it is not that easy as said.Like Giani Jarnail Singh Ji says there is A LOT vested interests that keeps this issue going and trying to usurp the place of Guru Granth sahib-That is where it needs to be exposed as I see it.

I would disgree with you that most people think it is simple heresay, the problem is most people dont think so, and that is where the problem starts-with those who then have no knowledge at all and begin to take sides...

The SGPC needs through the Akal Takhat to come out openly and declare it so_Ordering Sikhs to not discuss it is neither here nor there situation which is why this issue keeps comming up.It is avoiding the situation!A resolution that avoids the cause and cure is no resolution in any common sense.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM