• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Beloved - Piaarraa

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
aad0002 Ji

I Agree and disagree with you. Here is the reason. Lets go back to worldly things. Any one, who falls in love with someone, a strong feeling envelops the personality. One misses the other strongly, due to worldly affair, that separation is understood and one tries to tolerate it if separation situation comes. This happens when falling in love with someone but when we say (or try or use some other word that can express that feeling) we love God, is it just the way we love many things/people or the way one is in love with some one. That slight difference keeps us in duality. We have made here our own world, we love that world and support that world; by doing so, we have created a distance to understand HIM and HIS creation.” Na Ko vairi na ko baigana” is an expression of the blessed one, that is the state of mind becomes after falling in love with HIM. That mind just cannot separate His creation from oneself. We are enriched with Gurbani wisdom, door is shown but why we just don’t miss HIM? I feel strongly that we are just like children left in a very attractive fair and busy with toys. Momentarily we forget where is our FATHER – MOTHER(HIM)
The last paragraph you wrote, I agree

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Aad Ji and PK70 Ji,

This may seem abstract but not unrelated to your conversations.
Have you seen the intensity of a young couple in love, like how they would do anything to reach their goal - the following quotes come to mind :-

"Ignorance is Bliss"

"Obstacles are what you see, when you put your eyes off the goal."

Now let's say that you as an observer shift your attention to an older couple in their late 50's. They seem different from the previous couple. Having a conversation with them, one may conclude, "the heart is always young, never grows old."

Bringing you to this : being young at heart, though often taken for granted, needs an indepth understanding of the self. When aad Ji, you mentioned your desire to express in soothing words to another's ear, it took me to a short journey within.

The heart never grows old, it seems young always. This is like the molten lava at the centre of the earth. Ability to change form and adjustment with ease. The outer crust (physical body) takes all the beating from the forces of nature and worldly affairs. Hardens and wears down fastest.

When one travels the path towards HIM, we get in touch with the heart centre and journey within. Most of the time, even after years and years of devotion we feel that nothing has changed within, almost a stagnation of unfoldment but the years show remarkable change on the outer body.

Actually the change within cannot be seen by one's ownself, but to an observer, he sees the spiritual change from the manifestation of the light within, reflected on one's face. To one's self, driving up a hill might not feel climbing at all, but to an observer who sees the hill from a distance, it definitely is a climb.

In this spiritual path, we are always reaching within because it is here where our home truly is.

If somebody eats a chocolate and enjoys it that doesn't mean that the chocolate is the source of the enjoyment. There are many people who do not like chocolate because they do not bring forth the joy from within towards eating chocolate. If chocolate was the source of enjoyment, then it should bring joy to everyone. Joy resides within one's heart. Peace, happiness, tranquility, fulfillment resides within.

When we seek fulfillment from the outer things, we are bound to face with dissappointment. If we think changing jobs, changing spouse, changing residence will bring about the change in our lives, they are but a short-lived fantasy. True change happens when we adjust to the Primal Mould with ease from within.

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Aad Ji and PK70 Ji,

Joy resides within one's heart. Peace, happiness, tranquility, fulfillment resides within.

"The chakvi bird does not long for sleepy eyes; without her beloved, she does not sleep. When the sun rises, she sees her beloved with her eyes; she bows and touches his feet. The love of my Beloved is pleasing; it is my Companion and Support. Without Him, I cannot live in this world even for an instant; such is ny hunger and thirst. The lotus in the pool blossoms forth intuitively and naturally, with the rays of the sun in the sky. Such is the love for my Beloved which imbues me; my light has merged into the Light. Without water, the rainbird cries out, "Pri-o! Pri-o! - Beloved! Beloved!" It cries and wails and laments. The thundering clouds rain down in the ten directions; its thirst is not quenched until it catches the raindrop in its mouth. The fish lives in the water, from which it was born. It finds peace and pleasure according to its past actions. It cannot survive without water for a moment, even for an instant. Life and death depend on it.

The soul-bride is saperated from her Husband Lord, who lives in His Own Country. He sends the Shabad, His Words, through the True Guru. She gathers virtues, and enshrines God within her heart. Imbued with devotion, she is happy. Everyone cries out, "Beloved! Beloved!: But she alone finds her Beloved, who is pleasing to the Guru. Our Beloved is always with us; through the Truth, He blesses us with His Grace, and unites us in His Union. He is the life of the soul in each and every soul; He permeates and pervades each and every heart; I am intuitively, naturally, absorbed into Him. He Himself shall resolve all your affairs, when you meet with the Giver of peace, the Lord of the World. By Guru's Grace, you shall find your Husband Lord within your own home; then, O Nanak, the fire within you shall be quenched."

I think, when one is in-love, it is just impossible to separate one from the Beloved...be it worldly or Divine. It is just in ones MIND...HEART...SOUL AND SPIRIT. That's the mystery of our humble human heart and soul, naturally formed that no human intervention would prevail; lest one is whittle away and gradually die out of heartaches. When we are in-love, we prostrate to our Beloved, who turned Omnipotent...the Almighty...and nothing else matters. :wah:

Aaaa...Bless our good heart and soul.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Little did I know that the pot of gold would be found in my own backyard.

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Little did I know that the pot of gold would be found in my own backyard.

I think...sometimes...it's based on our own individual perception on what is "gold". What is gold to us may not be gold to others.

Glad you found your 'pot of gold' Namjap. What ever the gold to you, hope it worth your soul.

...always pleased to hear someone is happy..

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I'll let out a secret to happiness - don't have high expectations.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Five "evils" Kaam Krodh, Lobh Moh hankaar..are to be "CONTROLLED" and used.
Sikhism/gurmatt doesnt advocate total annihilation of say..KAAM ( Celibacy)..as the Kaam is essential to "CREATION". Some preachers wrongly preach that these five chors are to be killed totally..but Guru says these Mahabalis are to be "tied up" badheh...Running away from the world..Maya..Temptation..is not the way of Gurmatt..we must stay and FIGHT and Conquer them..make them work for us.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:star::star::star::star::star:

What happened over night? Pk 70 ji, we have more company! I went to bed and a whole bunch of people came to visit The Beloved - Piaaraa. One is Quiet Wisdom (Nam Jap). One is Souring Soul (Lucy Ahmed). One is Brother at the Heart of Encouragement (Giani).

Now it is a better thread. Please continue.

P/S Giani - These :}8-::}8-::}8-::}8-::}8-:are my constant companions. As long as I remember that it is God that created this Confusion, they don't become agitated. They tend to play quietly and not cause too much of a disturbance. Well, sometimes they do.

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Hahaha aad0002,

It's not a souring heart at all, but just a respond to the statements here.

Anyhow isn't that what is all love about - the longing, and all the aches that accompany it??

But sometimes...I wonder..."Why love has to be accompany by all those heartaches?"
Can't love be just all sweet?
Is love is nothing but only a delusion to our human mind?

Last edited:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I have read views of, Lucy Ahmad, namjapji, aad0002, Giani ji and, wonderful, very encouraging to go on that chosen path. My curiosity is little different in this context, some time, Gurbani answers it perfectly but I just start analyzing my part of loving HIM. Am I alone who feel that our love has deficiency if we do not miss HIM? There is Guru Shabad which triggered this feeling I have been trying to share with you as per Guru shabad”jit ghat SACH n paae su bhann ghareeai(milar ki Vaar M-1) In essence If His love doesn’t envelop us, we should be reshaped ourselves views wise(mentally not boily). Further Guru ji says”jin ke bhande bhaao tina swarsi..Soohi Mehla 1( in essence: the one who has love for Him will be blessed with merits(swarna= gun dene). Goal is to miss HIM in love, Guru ji clearly says about this love for HIM I have been talking about repeatedly
mwrU mhlw 1 ] koeI AwKY BUqnw ko khY byqwlw ] koeI AwKY AwdmI nwnku vycwrw ]1] BieAw idvwnw swh kw nwnku baurwnw ] hau hir ibnu Avru n jwnw ]1] rhwau ] qau dyvwnw jwxIAY jw BY dyvwnw hoie ] eykI swihb bwhrw dUjw Avru n jwxY koie ]2] qau dyvwnw jwxIAY jw eykw kwr kmwie ] hukmu pCwxY Ksm kw dUjI Avr isAwxp kwie ]3] qau dyvwnw jwxIAY jw swihb Dry ipAwru ] mMdw jwxY Awp kau Avru Blw sMswru ]4]7] {pMnw 991}
( In essence: Some call me a ghost; some say I am a demon. Some call me a poor thing Nanak But crazy Nanak has gone crazy for his Lord, the . I know of none other than the Lord. || 1 || Pause || Only He/she is alone is known to be crazy for Him who goes crazy for His fear . He/she recognizes none other than the One Lord . || 2 || Only that one is crazy for Him who lives for the One Lord. And, recognizing His ordinance, disregards other cleverness or intelligence || 3 || Only that one is crazy for Him who falls in love with the Lord and and as humble to consider His creation, the rest of the world better than him/her.. GGS 991)

Please share your views in this context, why we don’t miss HIM?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਊਚ ਅਪਾਰ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਕਉਣੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ
ऊच अपार बेअंत सुआमी कउणु जाणै गुण तेरे ॥
Ūcẖ apār bė*anṯ su*āmī ka*uṇ jāṇai guṇ ṯėrė.
O my lofty, incomparable and infinite Lord and Master, who can know Your Glorious Virtues?
ਗਾਵਤੇ ਉਧਰਹਿ ਸੁਣਤੇ ਉਧਰਹਿ ਬਿਨਸਹਿ ਪਾਪ ਘਨੇਰੇ
गावते उधरहि सुणते उधरहि बिनसहि पाप घनेरे ॥
Gāvṯė uḏẖrahi suṇṯė uḏẖrahi binsahi pāp gẖanėrė.
Those who sing them are saved, and those who listen to them are saved; all their sins are erased.
ਪਸੂ ਪਰੇਤ ਮੁਗਧ ਕਉ ਤਾਰੇ ਪਾਹਨ ਪਾਰਿ ਉਤਾਰੈ
पसू परेत मुगध कउ तारे पाहन पारि उतारै ॥
Pasū parėṯ mugaḏẖ ka*o ṯārė pāhan pār uṯārai.
You save the beasts, demons and fools, and even stones are carried across.
ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੈ ॥੪॥੧॥੪॥
नानक दास तेरी सरणाई सदा सदा बलिहारै ॥४॥१॥४॥
Nānak ḏās ṯėrī sarṇā*ī saḏā saḏā balihārai. ||4||1||4||
Slave Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary; he is forever and ever a sacrifice to You. ||4||1||4||

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
PK70 Ji..whay we dont miss HIM ?
imho we only "miss" one who we have forgotten ?? If He is there all the time..where got time to miss ?? my formula..remember (by not forgetting) all the time..not easy..bt very worthwhile...difficult..but well worth the effort..

Gyani jarnail Singh

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Please share your views in this context, why we don’t miss HIM?

pk70, how can we miss someone who is always with us?
If someone we love and care is always with us, I think, the love is nothing but glowing, and blossoming every single moment.

If one ever feel any guilt at all then it must be that the beloved was unconsiously forgotten for a moment, if not...one must have done something displeasing to the beloved.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
AAD jio,
Gurfateh.

I have been with this thread almost from day one..enjoying it immensely....forced to be a "spectator" merely because the game of shabd squash between you and pk7o and the others was going on so fast and furious....simply keeping my eye on the ball was difficult (although immensely enjoyable as i have just said it but have to repeat !!)..you were all playing like Pros...
So dont be surprised....we are still there watching..reading..vicharring and learning..THANKS a MILLION.
Regards
Gyani jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Giani ji

Spectator no more! You thoughts always take us up several more steps on the ladder. No question about that.

We are playing squash when we should be playing cricket perhaps.

Your words are encouraging and we will continue on the thread. It is always good to hear from you.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Giani Jarnail singh “PK70 Ji..whay we dont miss HIM ?
imho we only "miss" one who we have forgotten ?? If He is there all the time..where got time to miss ?? my formula..remember (by not forgetting) all the time..not easy..bt very worthwhile...difficult..but well worth the effort..
Lucy ahmed” pk70, how can we miss someone who is always with us?
If someone we love and care is always with us, I think, the love is nothing but glowing, and blossoming every single moment.”

Giani Jarnail Singh Ji and Lucy Ahmed, pretty good views and enjoyable to read, with all due respect, you have no inkling what Guru says in the Shabad I quoted that inspired me to understand “missing”. Remembering, feeling close is very different than be in love with Him. Such love changes our outward behavior, making it very strange to others who observe us. Why I am saying this because “ koyee aakhe bhootna koyee kahe betala…” shabad describes picturesque situation Guru Nanak experienced. Did any of you have that experience? I didn’t. Were you ever laughed at because your attention was in His thoughts? I doubt. Did some one said like this to you or me? No. Words don’t bring experience, feelings like that do not surge with mere words unless undivided mind is set on it. This idea is supported by Guruji” Sach Karni De Paeeai DAR GHAR MEHL Pyaar” Sri Raag Mehla 1 (SGGS 18) In essence, it is the action/deeds which help to realize HIM”

Going crazy for Him, that is missing Him. Guru ji also says “ He is within us”, why was he(Guruji) crazy for Him by his own words when HE was within him E was within him HHH? That’s the point to understand and Guru ji’s love and his missing for Him. Why many shabadas are there on death? Why crying on death is ridiculed by Guru ji? As we say He is with us, why to cry when some one who is very dear to us, goes(dies) to Him? It is not easy to put in words, actually its super high experience but you just put in a few lame words that he is with us. Such statements have nothing to do with that experience of missing Him while being crazy for Him. Guru ji missed Him as he loved Him and he shared that experience with his followers, why his followers just stuck with this sentence” He is with us always”? And, say we remember Him always. Where is the pain of separation expressed in the Shabad in us? Did you feel like that ever? I didn’t, that is why I am sharing with you the plight of my heart. Guru ji keeps describing actually who is “Bourana” in His love, and here are we who just feel happy by saying simply” He is with us”. There is another strong word used by Guru ji” rang ratte” totally lost in Him” Only when you live that feeling of Him within, you will see how your outward behavior is changed exceedingly, and you will hear those kinds of comments (bhootna, betala)from people. If you are blended among them (I am also included in your category), why would you o and I get those comments? No chance. In reality we are starving for good compliments, praise or something like that. Something if said unlikable, we go down emotionally and our behavior gets changed. Did some one said “ bourana” to you and me? No is my answer. You will find your own statements have no bearing when in this very context Guru ji answers these questions in detail “why we don’t miss Him,”” how can we in reality go close to Him, how to find Him within” “ why cannot we see Him even when He is within and what are obstacles in our way.” Here is the Guru Shabad please enjoy and try to understand how to go to that high elevation Guru ji wants us to go
Page 877
rwmklI mhlw 1 ] ijqu dir vsih kvnu dru khIAY drw BIqir dru kvnu lhY ] ijsu dr kwrix iPrw audwsI so dru koeI Awie khY ]1] ikn ibiD swgru qrIAY ] jIviqAw nh mrIAY ]1] rhwau ]
duKu drvwjw rohu rKvwlw Awsw AMdysw duie pt jVy ] mwieAw jlu KweI pwxI Gru bwiDAw sq kY Awsix purKu rhY ]2] ikMqy nwmw AMqu n jwixAw qum sir nwhI Avru hry ] aUcw nhI khxw mn mih rhxw Awpy jwxY Awip kry ]3] jb Awsw AMdysw qb hI ikau kir eyku khY ] Awsw BIqir rhY inrwsw qau nwnk eyku imlY ]4] ien ibiD swgru qrIAY ] jIviqAw ieau mrIAY ]1] rhwau dUjw ]3] {pMnw 877
( In essence: Where is that place where You live, O Lord? What is that place called? Among all those places which is that secret one where you live, Where is that place I wander sadly in longing. Is there any one who can tell me about that.. || 1 || How can I cross over the world-ocean? It is not possible to die while living. ||)
1 || Pause ||
Above are questions, and below are answers given in detail

In essence:“There is a door of pain to that place , and anger is the guard at it; hope and anxiety work like the two shutters to that. The moat around it is filled with Maya water-attraction as an obstacle; in this moat He resides in natural state of Truth. || 2 || O Lord, You have so many Names, I do not know the limit. One thing is sure that there is no other one equal to You. No need to say loudly about His qualities, it is better to say tuned to Him in mind because The Lord Himself knows and acts. || 3 || As long as there is hope and anxiety, how can anyone praise only the One Lord? If one in the midst of hope, remains indifferent to hope; then, Nanak says, one shall meet the One Lord. || 4 || This is the way to cross over the world-ocean and this is the way to remain dead while being alive. || 1 || Second Pause “||
Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Quote of pk70 ji

In essence
:“There is a door of pain to that place , and anger is the guard at it; hope and anxiety work like the two shutters to that. The moat around it is filled with Maya water-attraction as an obstacle; in this moat He resides in natural state of Truth. || 2 || O Lord, You have so many Names, I do not know the limit. One thing is sure that there is no other one equal to You. No need to say loudly about His qualities, it is better to say tuned to Him in mind because The Lord Himself knows and acts. || 3 || As long as there is hope and anxiety, how can anyone praise only the One Lord? If one in the midst of hope, remains indifferent to hope; then, Nanak says, one shall meet the One Lord. || 4 || This is the way to cross over the world-ocean and this is the way to remain dead while being alive. || 1 || Second Pause “||

One thing is sure that there is no other one equal to You. No need to say loudly about His qualities, it is better to say tuned to Him in mind because The Lord Himself knows and acts.
end quote

slok mÚ 3 ]
salok ma 3 ||
Salok, Third Mehla:

Awsw AMdir sBu ko koie inrwsw hoie ]
aasaa a(n)dhar sabh ko koe niraasaa hoe ||
Everyone is filled with hope; hardly anyone is free of hope.

nwnk jo mir jIivAw sihlw AwieAw soie ]1]
naanak jo mar jeeviaa sehilaa aaeiaa soe ||1||
O Nanak, blessed is the birth of one, who remains dead while yet alive. ||1||

As long as there is hope and anxiety, how can anyone praise only the One Lord? If one in the midst of hope, remains indifferent to hope; then, Nanak says, one shall meet the One Lord. This is the way to cross over the world-ocean and this is the way to remain dead while being alive. || 1 || Second Pause “||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Returning to the shabad of Guru Ram Das in Post 1. The next line to explore...

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸੋਇ ॥
aapae hee aap niramalaa piaaraa aapae niramal soe ||
The Beloved Himself, all by Himself, is immaculate and pure; He Himself is immaculate and pure.

Guru Ram Das's son, Guru Arjan Dev, again answers in raag Maagh, explaining how it feels to love the Beloved and how we act in our Love for Him.

At first Guru Arjan speaks directly to the Piaaraa -- he says Listen Beloved of my mind. Then he tells the Beloved what is on his mind. I belong to You. May I never forget You. I am a sacrifice to You. You are the support of my life and I come to seek shelter in Your Sanctuary.

Then Guru Arjan speaks to us and tells us we are fortunate if we mediate upon Him. This is by His Grace only. This immaculate name is the treasure. He is the Banker. He keeps us safe, keeps the treasure safe for us. This love is something to celebrate. Guru says, I have found the Lord, Har, Har.

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਾਝ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
gourree maajh mehalaa 5 ||
Gauree Maajh, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੁਣਿ ਸੁਣਿ ਸਾਜਨ ਮਨ ਮਿਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥
sun sun saajan man mith piaarae jeeo ||
Listen, listen, O my friend and companion, O Beloved of my mind:

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਇਹੁ ਜੀਉ ਭਿ ਵਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ
man than thaeraa eihu jeeo bh vaarae jeeo ||
my mind and body are Yours. This life is a sacrifice to You as well.

ਵਿਸਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਅਧਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥

visar naahee prabh praan adhhaarae jeeo ||
May I never forget God, the Support of the breath of life.

ਸਦਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
sadhaa thaeree saranaaee jeeo ||1||
I have come to Your Eternal Sanctuary. ||1||

ਜਿਸੁ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਮਨੁ ਜੀਵੈ ਭਾਈ ਜੀਉ ॥

jis miliai man jeevai bhaaee jeeo ||
Meeting Him, my mind is revived, O Siblings of Destiny.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈ ਜੀਉ ॥
gur parasaadhee so har har paaee jeeo ||
By Guru's Grace, I have found the Lord, Har, Har.

ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀਆ ਜਾਈ ਜੀਉ ॥
sabh kishh prabh kaa prabh keeaa jaaee jeeo ||
All things belong to God; all places belong to God.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਉ ਸਦ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
prabh ko sadh bal jaaee jeeou ||2||
I am forever a sacrifice to God. ||2||

ਏਹੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਜਪੈ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਜੀਉ ॥

eaehu nidhhaan japai vaddabhaagee jeeo ||
Very fortunate are those who meditate on this treasure.

ਨਾਮ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਜੀਉ ॥

naam niranjan eaek liv laagee jeeo ||
They enshrine love for the Naam, the Name of the One Immaculate Lord.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਭੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ ਜੀਉ

gur pooraa paaeiaa sabh dhukh mittaaeiaa jeeo ||
Finding the Perfect Guru, all suffering is dispelled.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇਆ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥

aath pehar gun gaaeiaa jeeo ||3||
Twenty-four hours a day, I sing the Glories of God. ||3||

ਰਤਨ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੁਮਾਰਾ ਜੀਉ ॥

rathan padhaarathh har naam thumaaraa jeeo ||
Your Name is the treasure of jewels, Lord.

ਤੂੰ ਸਚਾ ਸਾਹੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਵਣਜਾਰਾ ਜੀਉ ॥
thoon sachaa saahu bhagath vanajaaraa jeeo ||
You are the True Banker; Your devotee is the trader.

ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਰਾਸਿ ਸਚੁ ਵਾਪਾਰਾ ਜੀਉ ॥
har dhhan raas sach vaapaaraa jeeo ||
True is the trade of those who have the wealth of the Lord's assets.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦ ਬਲਿਹਾਰਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੩॥੧੬੮॥
jan naanak sadh balihaaraa jeeo ||4||3||168||
Servant Nanak is forever a sacrifice. ||4||3||168||

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇਆ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥

aath pehar gun gaaeiaa jeeo ||3||
Twenty-four hours a day, I sing the Glories of God. ||3||

aad0002 Ji

You will find many Guru Vaak conveying the same message as it is done in the above you quoted. Or like" aath pehr tujhe dhiaaee" same message. I ponder a lot about it. It is just not singing HIS praises with the tongue, as I feel. It is like living in His memory; as we drive car, numerous times we get lost in thoughts, conditioning of our body drives for us safely. It is just very close to that. It can happen only when love for HIM stays in high gravity, as mentioned by Guru ji "koyee aakhe bhootna.." shabad. Only then fight with these fives can end in victory. Not with force but naturally. Love flows naturally. Still we are vulnerable to fall but His memory( infused by love for Him) will check on our anger and other four.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM