Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

The Assassins of Indira Gandhi

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Quantonium, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Quantonium

Quantonium
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hello friends!

I have been wondering about a thing. I've read a little about the massacre in 1984, and was wondering, what was the general view on the assassins of Indira Gandhi? Did sikhs mean it was a right thing to do, or did they mean it was wrong? I'm sure there were many different opinions though..

WJKK WJKF

• Like Like x 3
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    1984 India bans film accused of glorifying Indira Gandhi’s assassination History of Sikhism Aug 22, 2014
    Legal When Indira wondered why Sikhs play hockey! Breaking News Oct 17, 2010
    Doc: Satwant wanted to know Indira's injuries General Mar 30, 2010
    1984 Indira Knew She Would be Killed: Sonia Gandhi History of Sikhism Mar 27, 2010
    Mother: The Indira Gandhi Story Hard Talk Jan 22, 2010

3. harbansj24

harbansj24
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Killing of an unarmed person, that too by the persons who were assigned to protect, would never have been approved by Guru Gobind Singh ji or any of our Gurus whatever might have been the provocation or motivation.

But that in no way justifies the organised massacre of innocent, poor and defenseless Sikhs. I had been to the resettlement colonies which were targetted and I was surprised to find the images of Hindu Gods both on paper and cement
    were also scattered among the ruins. That means the Sikhs who worked mostly as artisans like carpenters, bricklayers, blacksmitths etc, worshipped Hindu gods also and yet they were the people who sufferred the most.

Gurufateh

• Like Like x 4
  4. Quantonium

Quantonium
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Ah, I see. Indeed hate never ends with hate.

It's truly such a sad thing that happened.. Thank you for answering the question.

-Quantonium

• Like Like x 1