• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Temple Of God

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਹਰਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਉਰ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਧਾਰੈ ॥
हरि माला उर अंतरि धारै ॥
Har mālā ur anar ḏẖārai.
One who enshrines this rosary of the Lord's Name within his heart,
Guru Arjan Dev - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਕਰਣੀ ਸਾਰੁ ਜਪਮਾਲੀ ॥
सुक्रितु करणी सारु जपमाली ॥
Sukari karī sār japmālī.
To do good deeds is the best rosary.
Guru Ram Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਮਾਨਸ ਦੇਹ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨਹ ਪਾਵੈ ਕਛੂ ਉਪਾਉ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਾ ਕਰੁ ਰੇ ॥
मानस देह बहुरि नह पावै कछू उपाउ मुकति का करु रे ॥
Mānas ėh bahur nah pāvai kacẖẖū upā­o muka kā kar rė.
You shall not obtain this human body again; make the effort - try to achieve liberation!
Guru Teg Bahadur - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Nam Jap and other jios,

Maybe I am getting the message of this thread finally. Maybe not. For some reason, in rereading the comments here the thought came to mind.

"The kingdom of God is within you.

Here is the complete verse from Luke,

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17: 20-21).

I do not know why I make this connection.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
[FONT=arial,Verdana,Helvetica,'Sans Serif']Dear namjap ji,

These are nice small essays compiled beautifully.I am quoting the following from the passage from above,i.e. God is not a vending machine.

"God is not a thing. He is a being. He has a will. He has desires. He relates to people. He has personality traits. Prayer is a fancy word for talking to God. God, who knows everything, even before we say it, knows the difference between our thoughts and wishes, and when we are actually addressing him. He hears our prayers and responds. His responses are based on his personal decisions. We cannot predict how he will respond to our prayers.."
Unquote

This is really beautiful. Regarding aad ji's comments, I do endorse her views that all faiths are good and nice. Each and every sage who has given the' word of God' has opened a path to lead a truthful life. None of the religion is to be discarded in preference to the one that we practice. All these were God men. They would all be classified as saints as per the concept of sikhism. All faiths have some connection through the fact that every religion and faith proclaims that He is Supreme and that we should practice a truthful life and help others in the manner that is possible for us.All the faiths have recommended the service that should be carried out without expectation of the reward.This is the message of sikhism ;It is the message of Christianity.

In other words, they proceed to idolize the great Soul that we call as God. The memory of the sage is indeed sharp and strong at the beginning, but it gets blurred with time, and men come increasingly under the sway of misguided and false notions that finally crystallize into stupid, irrational practices. Sikhism does not have many rituals except for being in love of God and be in His memory. I am not saying that it is all about sikhism. These are some of the essentials of the sikhism besides many other.

Yes, this body is the temple of God.

Thanks for the thread and the posts.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM