Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Switchboard form is opening but immediately gets minimized

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by tsison7, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. tsison7

    tsison7
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I have a command button to open up the switchboard after login. But when I
    login, the switchboard opens then minimizes automatically. How do I get it
    to open properly?
    --
    TIA
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Wayne-I-M

    Wayne-I-M
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi Tia

    Open the form in design view.
    Right click on the grey section of the form (below to space where you put
    your buttons, box, lists, etc)
    On the dropdown box select Event
    Select On-Open
    Click the build options (three dots on the right)
    Select Code


    You will see this



    Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

    End Sub



    Insert one line of code (DoCmd.Maximize)

    So that your code looks like this



    Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    DoCmd.Maximize
    End Sub



    Click Save and close your form.
    When you open it again it "should" stay maximixed.

    Hope this helps


    --
    Wayne
    Manchester, England.



    "tsison7" wrote:

    > I have a command button to open up the switchboard after login. But when I
    > login, the switchboard opens then minimizes automatically. How do I get it
    > to open properly?
    > --
    > TIA
     
  4. tsison7

    tsison7
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thanks, it worked.
    --
    TIA


    "Wayne-I-M" wrote:

    > Hi Tia
    >
    > Open the form in design view.
    > Right click on the grey section of the form (below to space where you put
    > your buttons, box, lists, etc)
    > On the dropdown box select Event
    > Select On-Open
    > Click the build options (three dots on the right)
    > Select Code
    >
    >
    > You will see this
    >
    >
    >
    > Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    >
    > End Sub
    >
    >
    >
    > Insert one line of code (DoCmd.Maximize)
    >
    > So that your code looks like this
    >
    >
    >
    > Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    > DoCmd.Maximize
    > End Sub
    >
    >
    >
    > Click Save and close your form.
    > When you open it again it "should" stay maximixed.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >
    >
    > --
    > Wayne
    > Manchester, England.
    >
    >
    >
    > "tsison7" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a command button to open up the switchboard after login. But when I
    > > login, the switchboard opens then minimizes automatically. How do I get it
    > > to open properly?
    > > --
    > > TIA
     
  5. Wayne-I-M

    Wayne-I-M
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Glad to help.

    --
    Wayne
    Manchester, England.



    "tsison7" wrote:

    > Thanks, it worked.
    > --
    > TIA
    >
    >
    > "Wayne-I-M" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Tia
    > >
    > > Open the form in design view.
    > > Right click on the grey section of the form (below to space where you put
    > > your buttons, box, lists, etc)
    > > On the dropdown box select Event
    > > Select On-Open
    > > Click the build options (three dots on the right)
    > > Select Code
    > >
    > >
    > > You will see this
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    > >
    > > End Sub
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Insert one line of code (DoCmd.Maximize)
    > >
    > > So that your code looks like this
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    > > DoCmd.Maximize
    > > End Sub
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Click Save and close your form.
    > > When you open it again it "should" stay maximixed.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Wayne
    > > Manchester, England.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "tsison7" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have a command button to open up the switchboard after login. But when I
    > > > login, the switchboard opens then minimizes automatically. How do I get it
    > > > to open properly?
    > > > --
    > > > TIA
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page