• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sunday Morning, So Much For A Lie In

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Its Sunday morning here in Englandland, the leaves on the trees are a wonderful shade of rusty brown, a fog envelopes the park as the morning sun shines through. I should be in bed, asleep, but I started to get restless at about 4am, I surveyed the scene, wife, asleep with her back to me, then Dan lying on his back with all 4 legs in the air (thats how he sleeps), then me, then Alfie, on his side, with his feet inches from my nose, snoring, and Virgil, draped on the headboard, looking like he is about to topple into bed any minute. I attempted to get a bit more comfortable by twisting onto my side, but 3 pairs of eyes all opened and looked accusingly at me, Dan slapped his chops together, Alfie broke wind, Virgil decided to drop onto the bed, and then all hell broke loose. I kissed my wife on her head and came into work leaving behind a scene of chaos, Virgil hid under the duvet, Dan started to try and sniff him out, Alfie took Dans place next to wife, but as I left, my wife looked happy, although the scene could hardly be described as in consonance...

So, Creator to me, is me, a perfect me, I have decided to try and be as close to that perfect me as possible, However, this perfect me, is not so perfect, its as perfect as can be in a pragmatic and realistic fashion, for instance, thinking about him, he is more relaxed, more able to see the perfection in others, and try and assist others in getting to the 'perfect them', he enjoys himself, but is not attatched, but he still has cut hair, so I have embraced the notion that the inner perfect you changes with time, and with you, a man in a desert would have different needs, and a different perfect him than a king, or a soldier, I could reach my image within weeks, and then there would be a more advanced perfect me, maybe in months to come, I will reach a level when finally, the perfect me has a turban, a beard, gives up drinking etc etc. I do feel all these things have to flow, they are signs of enlightenment, not enlightenment themself, so it is pointless promising to keep your hair, better to tune your mind to a frequency where the removal and cutting of hair is alien, otherwise, in my view you are going backwards not forwards.

Its 7.50, breakfast time, cheese sandwich, chocolate and Relentless, if the nearest Gurudwara was not 20 miles away, and I was not dressed in shorts, pink socks and a metallica T shirt, I would make the drive, to be honest, I am scared of going, scared of being dissapointed, maybe I will do what Ishnasis did and go one evening, that would be nice

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: