Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Strange font problems

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by drum, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. drum

    drum
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I'm having a problem with access when move from field to field in a form and
    on other occasions when trying to design forms. Fonts seem to change now and
    then making the data hard to read. eg. a font will go bold and change from
    arial to symbol etc... Any help in curing this would be most appreciated.
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    SciTech Strange Blue World: Alien Planet's True Color Revealed, a First Breaking News Jul 12, 2013
    Truth Stranger Than Fiction! Interfaith Dialogues May 26, 2012
    Dr. Strangestlove (Or How I learned To Stop Worrying And Love My Computer) Inspirational Stories May 22, 2011
    Estranged Women Seek Help from Ramoowalia! Hard Talk Mar 9, 2011
    Nature Stranger Than Paradise (The Adivassi and FRA) Breaking News Jun 16, 2010

  3. Joseph Meehan

    Joseph Meehan
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    drum wrote:
    > I'm having a problem with access when move from field to field in a
    > form and on other occasions when trying to design forms. Fonts seem
    > to change now and then making the data hard to read. eg. a font will
    > go bold and change from arial to symbol etc... Any help in curing
    > this would be most appreciated.


    Is it changing from field to field or record to record. Each text box
    on a form can be formatted for a different font if you like.

    From your question I fear you already know this and I don't have any
    additional suggestions, but just encase you did not know it.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
     
  4. drum

    drum
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Joseph,

    fonts seem to change arbitrarily. it effects the menus and property boxes
    as well as the underlying data. just navigating the database results in all
    sorts of strange font changes. feels to me like underlying problem with my
    access.

    "Joseph Meehan" wrote:

    > drum wrote:
    > > I'm having a problem with access when move from field to field in a
    > > form and on other occasions when trying to design forms. Fonts seem
    > > to change now and then making the data hard to read. eg. a font will
    > > go bold and change from arial to symbol etc... Any help in curing
    > > this would be most appreciated.

    >
    > Is it changing from field to field or record to record. Each text box
    > on a form can be formatted for a different font if you like.
    >
    > From your question I fear you already know this and I don't have any
    > additional suggestions, but just encase you did not know it.
    >
    > --
    > Joseph Meehan
    >
    > Dia duit
    >
    >
    >
     
  5. Joseph Meehan

    Joseph Meehan
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    drum wrote:
    > Joseph,
    >
    > fonts seem to change arbitrarily. it effects the menus and property
    > boxes as well as the underlying data. just navigating the database
    > results in all sorts of strange font changes. feels to me like
    > underlying problem with my access.


    Assuming the worse, you might try creating a new database and copying
    all the data, forms reports etc. from the first. You might even just try a
    repair and compact of the existing one first. As always make a back up
    before doing anything.

    Have you tried this on another computer. I wonder if it might be a
    problem with the computer rather than Access.


    >
    > "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
    >
    >> drum wrote:
    >> > I'm having a problem with access when move from field to field in a
    >> > form and on other occasions when trying to design forms. Fonts
    >> > seem to change now and then making the data hard to read. eg. a
    >> > font will go bold and change from arial to symbol etc... Any help
    >> > in curing this would be most appreciated.

    >>
    >> Is it changing from field to field or record to record. Each
    >> text box on a form can be formatted for a different font if you like.
    >>
    >> From your question I fear you already know this and I don't have
    >> any additional suggestions, but just encase you did not know it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Joseph Meehan
    >>
    >> Dia duit


    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page