• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Stop Disrespecting Satguru Nanak

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ਜਪੁ
जपु ॥
Jap.
Chant And Meditate:

ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ
आदि सचु जुगादि सचु ॥
Āḏ sacẖ jugāḏ sacẖ.
True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥
है भी सचु नानक होसी भी सचु ॥१॥
Hai bẖī sacẖ Nānak hosī bẖī sacẖ. ||1||
True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

The first Line of Jap Ji sahib Praising the Lord.

We have first three tuks or Vaaks by Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaaj in SGGS ji, the highest scripture of Sikhs, that HE was and is and shall be the truth.
Creator and Nanaks are two different entities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
1.If Nanak is Nirankaar and Bani is Nirankaar; it amounts two Nirankaar; Nirankaar eulogising Nirankaar.

2.Jap Ji sahib is all in praise of the Lord. Thus nanak Ji has authored Jap Ji sahib and Mool Mantra stating that one should praise HIm.It is beyond human comprehension.

Hence Nanaks and God are two different entities.

The entire thread of Guru nanak is the Guru and the lord is all about this.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Guru Nanak Dev Ji teaches the way to know the truth- ALL IS HE HIMSELF through Japji Sahib.

ਸਾਚਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਇ ਭਾਖਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥
saachaa saahib saach naae bhaakhiaa bhaao apaar ||
True is the Master, True is His Name-speak it with infinite love.

ਆਖਹਿ ਮੰਗਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦਾਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਦਾਤਾਰੁ ॥
aakhehi mangehi dhaehi dhaehi dhaath karae dhaathaar ||
People beg and pray, ""Give to us, give to us"", and the Great Giver gives His Gifts.

ਫੇਰਿ ਕਿ ਅਗੈ ਰਖੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਦਿਸੈ ਦਰਬਾਰੁ ॥
faer k agai rakheeai jith dhisai dharabaar ||
So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?

ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣਿ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
muha k bolan boleeai jith sun dhharae piaar ||
What words can we speak to evoke His Love?

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
anmrith vaelaa sach naao vaddiaaee veechaar ||
In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥
karamee aavai kaparraa nadharee mokh dhuaar ||
By the karma of past actions, the robe of this physical body is obtained. By His Grace, the Gate of Liberation is found.

ਨਾਨਕ ਏਵੈ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਆਪੇ ਸਚਿਆਰੁ ॥੪॥
naanak eaevai jaaneeai sabh aapae sachiaar ||4||
O Nanak, know this well: the True One Himself is All. ||4||

Waheguru

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਰਵਿਆ ਸਭ ਠਾਈ ਸਭੁ ਚੇਰੀ ਜਗਤੁ ਸਮਾਰੇ
हरि प्रभु ठाकुरु रविआ सभ ठाई सभु चेरी जगतु समारे ॥
Har parabẖ ṯẖākur ravi*ā sabẖ ṯẖā*ī sabẖ cẖėrī jagaṯ samārė.
God, our Lord and Master, is permeating and pervading all places; He takes care of the whole world as His slave.

Bani Of Guru Sahib's [ang 982] sating clearly that God is their Master.

[Creator and Nanaks are wto different entities.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

From the True Lord came the air, and from the air came water.[19-7]

From water, He created the three worlds; in each and every heart He has infused His Light.[19-8]

Nanaks speaking about the Creator.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Ang 922

1.The Lord placed the soul to the cave of the body, and blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body.

2.He blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body, and revealed the nine doors; but He kept the Tenth Door hidden.

3.Through the Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate, some are blessed with loving faith, and the Tenth Door is revealed to them.

4.There are many images of the Lord, and the nine treasures of the Naam; His limits cannot be found.
[ Nanaks explaing as to how this body was /is formed by the lord.]

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
He blew the breath of life into the musical instrument of the body, and revealed the nine doors; but He kept the Tenth Door hidden.
[922-11]

[Nanaks explaining the dasam dwar as was formed and created for the Human beings ]

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
we are again entering into a controversy that is ill-founded. Pk ji has stated the truth and that all should respect. Even Guru sahibs have never stated that they are GOD.

They came thru. womb and died like any other human being. They were superior souls and guided us as to how to find HIM and merge with HIM. If a drop of water merges with the sea .,it becomes a part of the sea and not the sea itself even though it has all the qualities of the water of the sea. But is not sea.

Brahmgyanii may merge with the Lord..but He becomes a god -like person but he Shall never be that we call as 'waheguru'.

Bhul Chuk Mauf karni jeo
and
Good Night. as per indian time.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
we are again entering into a controversy that is ill-founded. Pk ji has stated the truth and that all should respect. Even Guru sahibs have never stated that they are GOD.

They came thru. womb and died like any other human being. They were superior souls and guided us as to how to find HIM and merge with HIM. If a drop of water merges with the sea .,it becomes a part of the sea and not the sea itself even though it has all the qualities of the water of the sea. But is not sea.

Brahmgyanii may merge with the Lord..but He becomes a god -like person but he Shall never be that we call as 'waheguru'.

Bhul Chuk Mauf karni jeo
and
Good Night. as per indian time.

Sikh80, do you think that you can isolate that drop of water and identify it once it has merged in the sea. I would not think so!. It has no duality left. It is the sea. Similarly a Brahmgyani once merged with the Lord becomes Lord. Why struggle to understand what is beyond one's conception. Let nature take course. :whisling:

However this forum is capable of anything but develop their understanding.

:wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:

Apr 11, 2007
i agree with pk70. Guru means teacher in whatever light you percieve it does not mean god. Waheguru is ultimate teacher god. Wahe meaning amazing and as the word suggests beyond a description wow amazing. Guru put simply means teacher no other meaning to it. Does not mean god. Look it up. Waheguru means god. But that is written about differently waheguru is what the guru is teaching us about. The guru calls Wahe guru waheguru because it is god that has taught them what god is, god is self made they say self preserving no begining no end beyond understanding yet all religious men have been given a light. The enlightened are able to speak so because god has willed them to know him, its all his will. Limiting god to guru you limit god to just knowledge, yet the guru's have put god beyond comprehention, beyond learning and teaching. You cannot understand god, so why do people think to praise god with just the knowledge they have gained about god. Just praise god, with faith of the whole of your mind, body and soul. Peace be to all life

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
With due respect for our fellow member PK70:

PLEASE FIRST UNDERSTAND WHAT GURU IS.

You are disrespecting Guru Ji by making this post.

Guruship is passed on to Gurus when the Soul is ONE WITH THE CREATOR, WHEN THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE LEFT.
People stop saying you disrespect so and so! What the heck? Noone is being disrespected in any way. God knows we are human beings and make mistakes and some learn from them. So chill! Forgive the person and move on!
Nothing personal Sardara.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Sikh80, do you think that you can isolate that drop of water and identify it once it has merged in the sea. I would not think so!. It has no duality left. It is the sea. Similarly a Brahmgyani once merged with the Lord becomes Lord. Why struggle to understand what is beyond one's conception. Let nature take course. :whisling:

Ekmusafir Ajnabi, there exists this literary device called metaphor. When gurbani says Brahmgyani IS the Lord, it is comparing the Lord and Brahmgyani and is saying the Brahmgyani are great etc. Not literally, they are the Lord. How I know it's a metaphor? because everywhere else, it says you CANNOT describe God. A Brahmgyani with a form is very easy to describe. :wink:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Guru Nanak Dev Ji teaches the way to know the truth- ALL IS HE HIMSELF through Japji Sahib.

ਸਾਚਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਇ ਭਾਖਿਆ ਭਾਉ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥
saachaa saahib saach naae bhaakhiaa bhaao apaar ||
True is the Master, True is His Name-speak it with infinite love.

ਆਖਹਿ ਮੰਗਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਦਾਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਦਾਤਾਰੁ ॥
aakhehi mangehi dhaehi dhaehi dhaath karae dhaathaar ||
People beg and pray, ""Give to us, give to us"", and the Great Giver gives His Gifts.

ਫੇਰਿ ਕਿ ਅਗੈ ਰਖੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਦਿਸੈ ਦਰਬਾਰੁ ॥
faer k agai rakheeai jith dhisai dharabaar ||
So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?

ਮੁਹੌ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੁਣਿ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
muha k bolan boleeai jith sun dhharae piaar ||
What words can we speak to evoke His Love?

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
anmrith vaelaa sach naao vaddiaaee veechaar ||
In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਵੈ ਕਪੜਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਮੋਖੁ ਦੁਆਰੁ ॥
karamee aavai kaparraa nadharee mokh dhuaar ||
By the karma of past actions, the robe of this physical body is obtained. By His Grace, the Gate of Liberation is found.

ਨਾਨਕ ਏਵੈ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਆਪੇ ਸਚਿਆਰੁ ॥੪॥
naanak eaevai jaaneeai sabh aapae sachiaar ||4||
O Nanak, know this well: the True One Himself is All. ||4||

Waheguru

Tuhada Das
Yograj
Hehe, nice joke :rofl!!:. I have no idea how you got this "Guru Nanak Dev Ji teaches the way to know the truth- ALL IS HE HIMSELF through Japji Sahib." from that passage. Come on people, if you are going to discuss, then at least back your points with something that backs you up not the person you're discussing with.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jios and Baghat ji,

But The Wanderer is speaking the truth!

If The True One Himself is All, then All is He Himself. All is He Himself. It is a matter of finding that truth within. It didn't go anywhere. It is just hard to see because we are looking in the wrong direction.

And....Naanak didn't leave us either... He is still here.:)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
First of all let me thank all who took time to read thread I started and expressed their views. That is why this Site is great I feel. According to what I think, the people who strongly disagreed with me really deserve answers to their questions. I am not here to judge people,as some did since Gurbani discourages it.
I shall start with sardara123, he wrote

PLEASE FIRST UNDERSTAND WHAT GURU IS.

You are disrespecting Guru Ji by making this post.

Guruship is passed on to Gurus when the Soul is ONE WITH THE CREATOR, WHEN THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE LEFT."
Sir, be my teacher in this regard, let me tell you what your ignorant student(me) knows About Guru.
Guru Granth Sahib is my Guru. I am saved and guided by GGS ji in the past and presently. With GGS Ji’s guidance I have learnt to battle with the primal forces, to keep always Guru Shabad as my light to live in His creation and face challenges. I have learnt what I have shared with you not from any preacher or scholar but GGS ji. As guided by Guru ji, WAHEGURU doesn’t incarnate. I adore my Guru, respect my Guru (to very high esteem) but my aim of life is HIM as stated by Guru. Why? Here is Hukam
Bharo mehla 1 ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਐਸਾ ਮੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ਆਪੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਅਪਰੰਪਰਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਰਹਾਉ11 1126 ( in essence that I like those who by over coming their ego and fall in love with Waheguru and live according to Gurmat) How dare I disobey this Hukam of Satguru Nanak? Satguru asks us to be in love with HIM period.
If I missed any thing, your enlightened vision is welcome,

Next is pyramid ji

With all due respect, pyramid ji
I urge you to reread your comments about namjap and me. They are a sheer display of your anger and frustration. Gursikhs do not do that, remember, never forget what Satguru has taught us, by merely calling Guru God will take you know where. Satguru Nanak’s identity was kept well by all Satguru Sahiban, no doubt. Guru Granth is “pargat guran kid eh” literally IT is them. With what reason you call Satguru Nanak God Himself ? The word 'Himself' is questionable because about this Himself Satguru declares in Moolmantra that He is beyond birth and death. Gurbani simply states that one who is lost in Him becomes LIKE Hiim
When Gurbani states that HE is every where, there is nothing but Him, obviously it describes His Infinity. Here His being present every where and it also proves that He doesn’t take birth individually. You tell the learners, they will worship only Bani and Satguru and will ignore HIM. Satguru asked people to read Vedas because in there also HIS praise is vital. A Sikh should give up all other things that come in the way of falling in love with Him, whatever it is. There are many ways to adore and respect Satguru Sahbad but never ever say He came individually on earth. Following is your quote I referred

“Guru Nanak Dev Ji was considered a Guru by the public when they found Creator qualities in Him.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed on Guru Gaddi to Guru Angad Dev Ji. So Guru Angad became Nanak and so on untill Gurgaddi is passed on to Guru Granth Sahib Ji- Now Gurbani is Nanak. So is every realized Soul. Nanak is the Creator Himself, present everywhere. One who realizes Him turns into Him. Gurbani confirms this fact over and over again.paramyd
This understanding that 'person' is Guru- confuses many people. Any realized soul is God Himself. There is no difference between God and that person. Gurbani: Brahmgyani aap parmesar(A God realized person is God Himself).
Pyramid
What is Guru? If it is not God then who is? Pyramid”

In various Shabad Guru word was used for the one who enlightens others by being lost in HIM and also in context of the Almighty who blesses those who stay in tuned to Him with His grace and makes available His Nam through the enlightened ones. Remember even the enlightened ones can have only His two qualities, being fearless and without any enmity. Satguru that is why gives stress on only HIM
Here is Satguru bachan

ਹਰਿ ਪੜਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਬੁਝਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਰਖਹੁ ਪਿਆਰੁ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੀਐ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰੁ ੫੧ {ਪੰਨਾ 937)
( in essence only He should be meditated on, only His love be in mind, only His memory be in mind since He is my support) Note I avoid word by word translation because English cannot express it in complete sense due to many reasons)

Pyramid again
I just noticed a few days ago PK70 was misquoting Gurbani and then a wrong ang# was mentioned by him
It seems like he is here just to misguide people. Namjap is already following a self styled preacher, good job.

Apne Guru nu chhad ke PK varge de lar laggo.
Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru”

Many times, I type "meditate as medtiate and through as throw"does it mean I am not aware of these common place words? Mistakes happen while typing and thinking together without taking much time to consult references. Being new to this site I even didnt know that people on this site just copy and paste material on site, Sikh 80 made me realized that. I just used to write and read. When I saw totally distorted meaning of Gurbani, I just try to point out. I didn’t know people on this site will take personally. Look how easily they lose cool ;one example say it all, read your own words above.
For that misquote/or wrong page, I apologized, if you want me to do that for your pleasure again, I can do that. Typing but not consulting is no excuse, I believe too. Following is good for both of us.
ਤਾ ਕਉ ਸਮਝਾਵਣ ਜਾਈਐ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਭੂਲਾ ਹੋਈ ਆਪੇ ਖੇਲ ਕਰੇ ਸਭ ਕਰਤਾ ਐਸਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਈ {ਪੰਨਾ 1329)
In essence:we should go to guide some one then if one is lost, it is just all His play, a few understand that)

Aad0002

Is Satgur an Incarnation of the Creator?

NO if you are Sikh of Shabad Guru. Then Sat Guru can not be a human being after Sri Gobind Singh.

YES if you are a follower of another group for example Sant Mat. Then a person ascends to stage of Satgur.aad0002

Aad0002 ji

I agree but respectfully disagree because the thread was not about immortality of
Satguru Nanak.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
PK 70 Ji,

Only a friendly suggestion:

Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells us again and again that there is NO DISTINCTION between GURU and GOD.

Yes GOD doesnt Incarnate, So is Guru. GURU IS GOD HIMSELF, HE DOESN'T INCARNATE. GURU IS GOD, GOD IS GURU. GOD IS EVERYTHING. GOD IS GURU, GOD IS CHELA TOO.

From my previous experience with you, I know you will find all the non related things to argue about. I am posting this for all- So that people can see both sides of the coin.

By making non gurmat statements you are disrespecting Guru Ji. In your very first post only one line that you put in bold too tells everybody what is going on:
PK70 said:
Why so powerful The Infinite would come into a human form leaving rest of His creation unattended.

This statement is enough for a reader to know that you dont know Gurmat.

This is simply a friendly suggestion.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Dear all,

Just as a new born female goes through different transitions in her life from being a

Daughter - Sister - Wife - Mother - Grandmother

So is the term Guru. People with a different mind set/spiritual conquest, will define Guru as per their view/understanding. None of you are wrong in that sense. On the point of disrespecting, you are all disrespecting not only SGGS but also our Gurus. Your understanding is very low. So grow up and behave like responsible students/ Sikhs of SGGS.

Ekmusafir_ajnabi

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
PK 70 Ji,

Only a friendly suggestion:

Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells us again and again that there is NO DISTINCTION between GURU and GOD.

Yes GOD doesnt Incarnate, So is Guru. GURU IS GOD HIMSELF, HE DOESN'T INCARNATE. GURU IS GOD, GOD IS GURU. GOD IS EVERYTHING. GOD IS GURU, GOD IS CHELA TOO.

From my previous experience with you, I know you will find all the non related things to argue about. I am posting this for all- So that people can see both sides of the coin.

By making non gurmat statements you are disrespecting Guru Ji. In your very first post only one line that you put in bold too tells everybody what is going on:

This statement is enough for a reader to know that you dont know Gurmat.

This is simply a friendly suggestion.

amberdhara ji

THANKS FOR THE JUDGEMENT YOU HAVE GIVEN ON ME !! May WAHEGURU bless you for that !

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
We been told by Guru Ji several times that there is no difference between Guru and God, Guru God and Disciple and all. Guru Ji never ever said that -THERE IS ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL!
Following is one out of the many beautiful verses where we are told:

Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar
Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi
ANG 77
SGGS JI
SATGURU PRASAAD

ਚਉਥੈ ਪਹਰੈ ਰੈਣਿ ਕੈ ਵਣਜਾਰਿਆ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਚਲਣ ਵੇਲਾ ਆਦੀ ॥
chouthhai peharai rain kai vanajaariaa mithraa har chalan vaelaa aadhee ||
In the fourth watch of the night, O my merchant friend, the Lord announces the time of departure.

ਕਰਿ ਸੇਵਹੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਣਜਾਰਿਆ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਾ ਸਭ ਚਲੀ ਰੈਣਿ ਵਿਹਾਦੀ ॥
kar saevahu pooraa sathiguroo vanajaariaa mithraa sabh chalee rain vihaadhee ||
Serve the Perfect True Guru, O my merchant friend; your entire life-night is passing away.

ਹਰਿ ਸੇਵਹੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਢਿਲ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਕਰਿਹੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਅਸਥਿਰੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਹੋਵਹੁ ॥
har saevahu khin khin dtil mool n karihu jith asathhir jug jug hovahu ||
Serve the Lord each and every instant-do not delay! You shall become eternal throughout the ages.

ਹਰਿ ਸੇਤੀ ਸਦ ਮਾਣਹੁ ਰਲੀਆ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਦੁਖ ਖੋਵਹੁ ॥
har saethee sadh maanahu raleeaa janam maran dhukh khovahu ||
Enjoy ecstasy forever with the Lord, and do away with the pains of birth and death.

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਭੇਦੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਲਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਸੁਖਾਂਦੀ ॥
gur sathigur suaamee bhaedh n jaanahu jith mil har bhagath sukhaandhee ||
Know that there is no difference between the Guru, the True Guru, and your Lord and Master. Meeting with Him, take pleasure in the Lord's devotional service.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਚਉਥੈ ਪਹਰੈ ਸਫਲਿਓ*ੁ ਰੈਣਿ ਭਗਤਾ ਦੀ ॥੪॥੧॥੩॥
kahu naanak praanee chouthhai peharai safalio rain bhagathaa dhee ||4||1||3||
Says Nanak, O mortal, in the fourth watch of the night, the life-night of the devotee is fruitful. ||4||1||3||

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan
Gurbani har alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee
charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: