• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Standoff Over Head Scarfs

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
Hey, Aman Singh ji, were you the same as Neutral Singh?

Also, if thats you in the picture, congratulations on the newborn child, and hope the child is very healthy :)

And you live in India :D. Sardars in India always bring a smile to my face

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Aman Singh said:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-womusl1213,0,5281097.story?coll=ny-world-big-pix
Standoff over head scarfs
Newsday, NY - 2 hours ago

... As of last month, 40 had been expelled -- 36 Muslim girls and four Sikh boys who wore turbans. Lawsuits related to many of those cases have been filed. ...
Just as a matter of interest, in MALAYSIA..a MUSLIM country with ISLAM as the official religion...the Islamic Headress/JUBAH/skull cap Worn by EXTREME Islamists is BANNED. A case of four EXPELLED MUSLIM students recently went up to Appeal Court and was thrown out. Only the "moderate" scarf is allowed.

SIKHS on the otherhand are given SPECIAL Consideration and allowed to wear any type of DASTAAR/PATKA etc.

Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Aman Singh said:
Haanji, You got it right... ;)

GurMastak is doing fine with the grace of Waheguru... :)
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh.

I too had noticed the "change" and was wondering to ask about it but veer ji beat me to it.

A really heartwarming picture...of TWO generations of GURSIKHI.....with a name like GURMUSTAK SINGH and Guru Ji's Kirpa....i have every hope that the little singh ji will also grow up to be a fine example of Gursikhi. Stay in Chardiakala.
Our Best wishes and Warmest Regards to the proud father and mum as well.:)

Jarnail Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM