• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Standing Still, Meditation? Leave It Out

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I feel quite like a large ship at sea where the order to come to a complete stop has been issued.

The problem with incorrect thinking is that it influences everything, if the foundations are shaky, everything is lost.

My desire for contentment has indeed brought me much contentment, but at the cost to my worldly life, which is suffering at present.

Confusion reigns supreme! How I so wish to believe in the magical properties of Sikhism, that just by reciting words, or scripture, everything will be ok, or by prayer, by submission, hey God, look at me, I am doing all the things I am supposed to, now give me a hand down here!, but I cannot, something inside of me just will not play with the whole concept, I envy my peers, the power of meditation and repetition of words seems to spring out of every post, it is so tempting just to embrace it, even for a while, Do I think it would work? why of course, yes, I am absolutely sure it would work, but the sense of foreboding deep within cautions me against, it is, I believe a detour away from the path, from the pragmatic,

My current understanding of Sikhism leaves no space for the magical, for miracles, I have just spent an hour reading a website on the power of meditation, of the power given to those whom meditate, whom chant, who tune themselves to the Lord, yeah, its tempting, short cuts are always tempting,

I do not know why Sikhism for me has to be so adherent to the laws of nature, of Creator, but it does, I cannot afford to lose myself in the mystical,

truth and honesty, its all we have,

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: