• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Stages Of Human Life

Oct 21, 2009
India
Ang-76-77

pihlY phrY rYix kY vxjwirAw imqRw hir pwieAw audr mMJwir ] (76-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)

In the first watch of the night, O my merchant friend, the Lord places you in the womb.

hir iDAwvY hir aucrY vxjwirAw imqRw hir hir nwmu smwir ] (76-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
You meditate on the Lord, and chant the Lord's Name, O my merchant friend. You contemplate the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

hir hir nwmu jpy AwrwDy ivic AgnI hir jip jIivAw ] (76-12, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and meditating on it within the fire of the womb, your life is sustained by dwelling on the Naam.

bwhir jnmu BieAw muiK lwgw srsy ipqw mwq QIivAw ] (76-13, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
You are born and you come out, and your mother and father are delighted to see your face.

ijs kI vsqu iqsu cyqhu pRwxI kir ihrdY gurmuiK bIcwir ] (76-13, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Remember the One, O mortal, to whom the child belongs. As Gurmukh, reflect upon Him within your heart.

khu nwnk pRwxI pihlY phrY hir jpIAY ikrpw Dwir ]1] (76-14, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Says Nanak, O mortal, in the first watch of the night, dwell upon the Lord, who shall shower you with His Grace. ||1||

dUjY phrY rYix kY vxjwirAw imqRw mnu lwgw dUjY Bwie ] (76-14, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
[/FONT
]In the second watch of the night, O my merchant friend, the mind is attached to the love of duality.

myrw myrw kir pwlIAY vxjwirAw imqRw ly mwq ipqw gil lwie ] (76-15, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Mother and father hug you close in their embrace, claiming, "He is mine, he is mine"; so is the child brought up, O my merchant friend.

lwvY mwq ipqw sdw gl syqI min jwxY Kit Kvwey ] (76-16, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Your mother and father constantly hug you close in their embrace; in their minds, they believe that you will provide for them and support them.

jo dyvY iqsY n jwxY mUVw idqy no lptwey ] (76-16, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
The fool does not know the One who gives; instead, he clings to the gift.

koeI gurmuiK hovY su krY vIcwru hir iDAwvY min ilv lwie ] (76-17, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Rare is the Gurmukh who reflects upon, meditates upon, and within his mind, is lovingly attached to the Lord.

khu nwnk dUjY phrY pRwxI iqsu kwlu n kbhUM Kwie ]2] (76-17, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Says Nanak, in the second watch of the night, O mortal, death never devours you. ||2||

qIjY phrY rYix kY vxjwirAw imqRw mnu lgw Awil jMjwil ] (76-18, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
In the third watch of the night, O my merchant friend, your mind is entangled in worldly and household affairs.

Dnu icqvY Dnu sMcvY vxjwirAw imqRw hir nwmw hir n smwil ] (76-19, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
You think of wealth, and gather wealth, O my merchant friend, but you do not contemplate the Lord or the Lord's Name.

hir nwmw hir hir kdy n smwlY ij hovY AMiq sKweI ] (76-19, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
You never dwell upon the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, who will be your only Helper and Support in the end.

iehu Dnu sMpY mwieAw JUTI AMiq Coif cilAw pCuqweI ] (77-1, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
This wealth, property and Maya are false. In the end, you must leave these, and depart in sorrow.

ijs no ikrpw kry guru myly so hir hir nwmu smwil ] (77-1, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Those whom the Lord, in His Mercy, unites with the Guru, reflect upon the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

khu nwnk qIjY phrY pRwxI sy jwie imly hir nwil ]3] (77-2, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Says Nanak, in the third watch of the night, O mortal, they go, and are united with the Lord. ||3||

cauQY phrY rYix kY vxjwirAw imqRw hir clx vylw AwdI ] (77-3, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
In the fourth watch of the night, O my merchant friend, the Lord announces the time of departure.

kir syvhu pUrw siqgurU vxjwirAw imqRw sB clI rYix ivhwdI ] (77-3, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Serve the Perfect True Guru, O my merchant friend; your entire life-night is passing away.

hir syvhu iKnu iKnu iFl mUil n kirhu ijqu AsiQru jugu jugu hovhu ] (77-4, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Serve the Lord each and every instant-do not delay! You shall become eternal throughout the ages.

hir syqI sd mwxhu rlIAw jnm mrx duK Kovhu ] (77-5, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Enjoy ecstasy forever with the Lord, and do away with the pains of birth and death.

gur siqgur suAwmI Bydu n jwxhu ijqu imil hir Bgiq suKWdI ] (77-5, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Know that there is no difference between the Guru, the True Guru, and your Lord and Master. Meeting with Him, take pleasure in the Lord's devotional service.

khu nwnk pRwxI cauQY phrY sPilEu rYix Bgqw dI ]4]1]3] (77-6, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
Says Nanak, O mortal, in the fourth watch of the night, the life-night of the devotee is fruitful. ||4||1||3||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM