Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

Spell Checking

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Chuck216, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Chuck216

    Chuck216
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi

    I have a form set for no edits. I would like to spell check the form when
    someone adds a new record, the problem is that spell check is not accessible
    when the form is set for no edits. Can anybody help me with the code so I
    can put it into an event procedure to allow edits , do the spell check then
    turn edits off again.

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Chuck
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Great Australian Spelling Bee - Lovely Sikh munda contestant Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jul 7, 2015
    SciTech How the Higgs Boson Might Spell Doom for the Universe Breaking News Mar 27, 2013
    Learn Punjabi Illustrated Gurmukhi Glossary With Phonetic English Spellings Language, Arts & Culture Jun 30, 2011
    Islam Full-face Veils Outlawed: France Spells out Controversial Niqab Ban Interfaith Dialogues Mar 4, 2011
    Arts/Society Stitches cast a spell Language, Arts & Culture Nov 27, 2010

  3. schasteen

    schasteen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Me.allowedits = true
    'Code to do spell check
    Me.allowedits = false


    "Chuck216" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a form set for no edits. I would like to spell check the form when
    > someone adds a new record, the problem is that spell check is not accessible
    > when the form is set for no edits. Can anybody help me with the code so I
    > can put it into an event procedure to allow edits , do the spell check then
    > turn edits off again.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > Chuck
    >
     
  4. Chuck216

    Chuck216
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thank you

    That was almost too easy. Now the spell checker wants to check every record
    in the data base, is there a way to make it only check the current record in
    the open form?


    "schasteen" wrote:

    > Me.allowedits = true
    > 'Code to do spell check
    > Me.allowedits = false
    >
    >
    > "Chuck216" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I have a form set for no edits. I would like to spell check the form when
    > > someone adds a new record, the problem is that spell check is not accessible
    > > when the form is set for no edits. Can anybody help me with the code so I
    > > can put it into an event procedure to allow edits , do the spell check then
    > > turn edits off again.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > > Chuck
    > >
     
  5. schasteen

    schasteen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I am not real familiar with calling the spell checker from code. Please post
    the code you are using.

    "Chuck216" wrote:

    > Thank you
    >
    > That was almost too easy. Now the spell checker wants to check every record
    > in the data base, is there a way to make it only check the current record in
    > the open form?
    >
    >
    > "schasteen" wrote:
    >
    > > Me.allowedits = true
    > > 'Code to do spell check
    > > Me.allowedits = false
    > >
    > >
    > > "Chuck216" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > I have a form set for no edits. I would like to spell check the form when
    > > > someone adds a new record, the problem is that spell check is not accessible
    > > > when the form is set for no edits. Can anybody help me with the code so I
    > > > can put it into an event procedure to allow edits , do the spell check then
    > > > turn edits off again.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > > > Chuck
    > > >
     
  6. Chuck216

    Chuck216
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Me.allowedits = true
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
    Me.allowedits = false




    "schasteen" wrote:

    > I am not real familiar with calling the spell checker from code. Please post
    > the code you are using.
    >
    > "Chuck216" wrote:
    >
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > That was almost too easy. Now the spell checker wants to check every record
    > > in the data base, is there a way to make it only check the current record in
    > > the open form?
    > >
    > >
    > > "schasteen" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Me.allowedits = true
    > > > 'Code to do spell check
    > > > Me.allowedits = false
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > "Chuck216" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Hi
    > > > >
    > > > > I have a form set for no edits. I would like to spell check the form when
    > > > > someone adds a new record, the problem is that spell check is not accessible
    > > > > when the form is set for no edits. Can anybody help me with the code so I
    > > > > can put it into an event procedure to allow edits , do the spell check then
    > > > > turn edits off again.
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > > > > Chuck
    > > > >
     
  7. schasteen

    schasteen
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    About the only work around I could think of would be to filter your form to
    show just the record you want to check, then remove the filter after the
    check is complete.

    "Chuck216" wrote:

    >
    > Me.allowedits = true
    > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
    > Me.allowedits = false
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "schasteen" wrote:
    >
    > > I am not real familiar with calling the spell checker from code. Please post
    > > the code you are using.
    > >
    > > "Chuck216" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Thank you
    > > >
    > > > That was almost too easy. Now the spell checker wants to check every record
    > > > in the data base, is there a way to make it only check the current record in
    > > > the open form?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > "schasteen" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Me.allowedits = true
    > > > > 'Code to do spell check
    > > > > Me.allowedits = false
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > "Chuck216" wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > > > Hi
    > > > > >
    > > > > > I have a form set for no edits. I would like to spell check the form when
    > > > > > someone adds a new record, the problem is that spell check is not accessible
    > > > > > when the form is set for no edits. Can anybody help me with the code so I
    > > > > > can put it into an event procedure to allow edits , do the spell check then
    > > > > > turn edits off again.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > > > > > Chuck
    > > > > >
     

Share This Page