Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Spell Checker

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Bob Barnes, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bob Barnes

    Bob Barnes
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Access 2003 - I saw a database yesterday when the SpellCheck was used in a
    filtered Form.

    When the Check was run, it "found" another record, NOT in the RecordSource
    for the Form.

    Any explanation?

    TIA - Bob
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Great Australian Spelling Bee - Lovely Sikh munda contestant Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jul 7, 2015
    SciTech How the Higgs Boson Might Spell Doom for the Universe Breaking News Mar 27, 2013
    Learn Punjabi Illustrated Gurmukhi Glossary With Phonetic English Spellings Language, Arts & Culture Jun 30, 2011
    Islam Full-face Veils Outlawed: France Spells out Controversial Niqab Ban Interfaith Dialogues Mar 4, 2011
    Arts/Society Stitches cast a spell Language, Arts & Culture Nov 27, 2010

  3. microb0x

    microb0x
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I have had similar issues with the SpellCheck option. On a filtered
    form if the SpellCheck is called it queries all records in that table
    instead of just the filtered records. I have yet to find a solution
    but I have not looked very hard yet..

    I too would appreciate any info regarding this.


    Bob Barnes wrote:
    > Access 2003 - I saw a database yesterday when the SpellCheck was used in a
    > filtered Form.
    >
    > When the Check was run, it "found" another record, NOT in the RecordSource
    > for the Form.
    >
    > Any explanation?
    >
    > TIA - Bob
     
  4. Bob Barnes

    Bob Barnes
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thank you.

    The scenario I had was Filtered...so it repeated your observation of
    checking the whole table.

    I don't have a solution.

    Bob

    "microb0x" wrote:

    > I have had similar issues with the SpellCheck option. On a filtered
    > form if the SpellCheck is called it queries all records in that table
    > instead of just the filtered records. I have yet to find a solution
    > but I have not looked very hard yet..
    >
    > I too would appreciate any info regarding this.
    >
    >
    > Bob Barnes wrote:
    > > Access 2003 - I saw a database yesterday when the SpellCheck was used in a
    > > filtered Form.
    > >
    > > When the Check was run, it "found" another record, NOT in the RecordSource
    > > for the Form.
    > >
    > > Any explanation?
    > >
    > > TIA - Bob

    >
    >
     
  5. microb0x

    microb0x
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hopefully one of the MVPs will respond and shed some light on this..


    Bob Barnes wrote:
    > Thank you.
    >
    > The scenario I had was Filtered...so it repeated your observation of
    > checking the whole table.
    >
    > I don't have a solution.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > "microb0x" wrote:
    >
    > > I have had similar issues with the SpellCheck option. On a filtered
    > > form if the SpellCheck is called it queries all records in that table
    > > instead of just the filtered records. I have yet to find a solution
    > > but I have not looked very hard yet..
    > >
    > > I too would appreciate any info regarding this.
    > >
    > >
    > > Bob Barnes wrote:
    > > > Access 2003 - I saw a database yesterday when the SpellCheck was used in a
    > > > filtered Form.
    > > >
    > > > When the Check was run, it "found" another record, NOT in the RecordSource
    > > > for the Form.
    > > >
    > > > Any explanation?
    > > >
    > > > TIA - Bob

    > >
    > >
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page