• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Special Software To Help Tying Turban !

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Mr Singh International on the anvil
Neeraj Bagga
Influenced by the modern culture, many Sikh youths are giving up the tradition of tying turban. To counter the onslaught of the Western culture and persuade young Sikhs to tie turban, the Akal Purkh Ki Fauj (APKF) has chalked out a comprehensive year-long "Turban Pride Movement" programme.

Mr Jaswinder Singh Advocate, member, Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) and Chief of the APKF, said that the year-long programme was also prepared to observe the 300 years of the martyrdom of Mata Gujri and Sahibzadas (sons) of Guru Gobind Singh. He said it would be a befitting tribute to the sacrifices of the young sahibzadas.

The APKF has prepared at least six projects under the programme. The first project "Quami Dastarbandi Samagam" was organised on January 9 at Sant Singh Sukha Singh School, where as many as 21 Sikh youths were given lessons in tying turbans. The second project is about celebrating April 13 as the Sikh Dastar Divas. On this day, the Sikhs would be urged to wear saffron coloured headgear.

The third project pertains to teaching Sikh tenets and history to youngsters. Under this project, 75 boys and 25 girls would be adopted. The APKKF would also open a turban clinic, in which Sikh youths would be trained in tying turbans that suit their faces. For this purpose, a special software has been developed.

The fifth project is to crown Mr Singh International, who would be selected from all over the world. Mr Jaswinder Singh Advocate said that three selection centres would be opened at Kuala Lumpur, London and New York.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Sometimes there is so much laziness that there is a wish to have some device in which head can be put in... some soft settings can be made to have what kind of pugg should be tied on... chunjh wali, patti wali, patiala pugg or whatever.. and lo, in a few seconds you are done.

just kidding... it is great to give personal touch to the pugg... pooni karna, fifty ban'na, larh banaune etc all have a joy of its own :happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Arvind ji

One thing where technology would be a great blessing. There are people who are partially paralyzed either from accidents or from strokes who do not have use of both hands. Women and men. For them some kind of technological advance would be of great value. Some way where they could have a turban that worked best for them and was either easy to tie on the head, or could be tied before hand on a form of some kind.

If a biomedical engineer is out there who can figure this out, the next step would be to get a patent and go into production. :yes: I have tried to work it out in my mind, but don't have the technical skills.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Arvind Ji..I agree...our REHAT which Specifically SPECIFIES..that the Dastaar must be worn DAILY..chunn chunn ke bandhii jayeh.... BUT too many sikhs just make a starched helmet of dastaar cloth..and use it that way...

still this is a good idea..many Sikh dads just dotn ahve the time and energy to teach their sons to tie dastaars...or are too lazy...here is ajoke that came to me the other day....a spin off form what you wrote....

TOO MUCH TECHNOLOGY IS SOMETIMES "PAINFUL".... I heard that a man checked into a hotel sometime in the future...he saw a machine that had a sign..Put in 50 cents and your shoes will be polished....he shoved in his feet and lo and behold..his shoes were polished..spick and span....then he saw another machine...have a manicure..for just 30 cents...he shoved in his hands..and wow..beautiful manicure....then he came to another machine and this said...for 25 cents only..What a man needs after being away from his wife for two weeks....He came away with a button sewed to the tip of his ....... .......:happy:

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Arvind ji

One thing where technology would be a great blessing. There are people who are partially paralyzed either from accidents or from strokes who do not have use of both hands. Women and men. For them some kind of technological advance would be of great value. Some way where they could have a turban that worked best for them and was either easy to tie on the head, or could be tied before hand on a form of some kind.

Haanji.. I have seen some people who have trouble moving their hands due to any reason, so seek help of some family member to tie a turban on their head. For them, this kind of device will be a a great thing.

I have seen local puggs and dont like them very much.. that way, such device can tie a pugg (with a slow motion) on a dummy head so that new learner can learner how to do it. Timer could be set regarding the speed of the tieing. Parents and kid could learn to tie a nice looking pugg, which matches the shape of face, beard etc.

Gyani ji.. you are right regarding daily chun chun ke pugg... but pls consider the other situations mentioned above.

With Regards,
Arvind.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM