• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Some Of My Writing. On How I Found The Sikh Faith

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Sat Sri Akal,

Okay, first I'd like to say that I wrote this over 3 years ago, when I only started to read the Guru Granth Sahib, and noticed some (many) correlations and references to things only now being glimpsed by science - especially quantum physics - in relation to the nature of the Universe. That over 500 years ago, this knowledge was written in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in plain language for anyone to read, long before the advent of quantum physics.... it still blows me away!

Keep in mind, my interpretations may not be correct - and I wrote this before I had as much exposure to the Sikh faith as I do now. I had not yet attended a Gurdwara, and only studied from home on my own. At the time, I felt a strong connection between the science that I was so interested in (dealing with the nature of the Universe) and what I was reading in the Guru Granth Sahib so at the time I wanted to write it down (mostly for my own benefit so I would remember those striking correlations I noticed).

So having said the above I will share this with you... just remember 1) I am not a writer at all... and 2) I am still very new in the Sikh faith and there are bound to be mistakes in this paper so pls don't be harsh with critics. After all, it's only my own opinions and take on the subjects contained within. It's also incomplete....

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Akasha ji wonderful writing.

I suggest you excerpt parts of it as appropriate in this thread or separate threads as you wish.

You state from SGGS and other the following,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “The life of the world is only a dream; life is just a dream. Believing it to be
true, I grasped at it, and abandoned the supreme treasure.” (SGGS 482)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.” – Albert Einstein

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived. Its limits here and beyond cannot be perceived. Many struggle to know His limits, but His limits cannot be found. No one can know these limits. The more you say about them, the more there still remains to be said.”(SGGS 5)

You may be interested in the following dialog too,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sidh-gosht/38969-guru-nanak-dev-ji-how-we.html#post170241

ਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਵਰਭੰਡ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਕਥੈ ਅੰਤ ਅੰਤ
Ŧithai kẖand mandal varbẖand. Je ko kathai ṯa anṯ na anṯ.
ਉਸਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ (ਭਾਵ, ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਨਾਲ ਇੱਕ-ਰੂਪ ਹੋਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਵਿਚ) ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰਬੇਅੰਤ ਖੰਡ, ਮੰਡਲ ਤੇ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੰਡ (ਦਿੱਸਦੇ ਹਨ, ਇਤਨੇ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਕਿ) ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਕਥਨ ਕਰਨ ਲੱਗੇ, ਤਾਂ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਓੜਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈ ਸਕਦੇ।
ਵਰਭੰਡ = ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੰਡ। ਕੋ = ਕੋਈ ਮਨੁੱਖ। ਕਥੈ = ਦੱਸਣ ਲੱਗੇ, ਬਿਆਨ ਕਰੇ। ਤ ਅੰਤ ਨ ਅੰਤ = ਇਹਨਾਂ ਖੰਡਾਂ ਮੰਡਲਾਂ ਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੰਡਾਂ ਦੇ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪੈ ਸਕਦੇ।
There so realized the realms and supreme constellations, if one were to describe there is no end.
[/URL]

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM