• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Simran And Thoughts

singh_man

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
I've started doing simran and trying to keep my mind focusing in connecting with Waheguru. But what should I be visualizing or envisioning? Is it a light, a picture, a manifestation of God?

Forever seeking.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Waheguru works in amazing ways! I posted this question yesterday, and this morning the first thread in my 'Basics of Sikhi' feed was on exactly this topic!

ahh, so that is why there is so much hunger, violence and unrest in the world, Waheguru is clearly busy on his computer!

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
ahh, so that is why there is so much hunger, violence and unrest in the world, Waheguru is clearly busy on his computer!

i think Waheguru has given us the solution...but we are too busy looking the other way.
for the ones that are not in the thick of the unrest (me and you)...we have the perfect opportunity to see what Ego, Anger, Desire, Greed and Attachment is doing to the world...and we have the time to do what Guru Ji says and eradicate the effects of those 5 thieves within ourselves and then inspire others around us to do the same...

as the ripple effect evolves, we start seeing the changes :) thankfully people are already doing this...and those changes are beginning to happen...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I've started doing simran and trying to keep my mind focusing in connecting with Waheguru. But what should I be visualizing or envisioning? Is it a light, a picture, a manifestation of God?

Forever seeking.

love this subject :)

Me personally, i only focus on the shabad waheguru...
visualization has its benefits but for me it makes me deviate from concentrating on the Gurmanter.

if you're lucky (destined to :)) then you will see the divine light within you...but don;t go trying to force this to happen...just go with the flow :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM