Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Simple Expression table

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by troy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. troy

troy
    Expand Collapse

I have field with Y/N (-1 or 0) data entered into table 1. I update some
    fields into another table 2. This table has a text field and I want to change
    the -1 or 0 to a Y or N using an expression. What is the expression to do
    this? Does it go into the Default Value of the fields property? I was thinkig
    something like this

IIf(Nz(dbo_tblProductversion.Attachments,0)=-1,"Y","N") but it soes not work.

Any Ideas? I really need help fast!

Thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Grammer / Vyakarn Learn Simple & Easiest Gurbani Vyakaran/grammer From Prof. Maninderpal Singh Language, Arts & Culture Mar 9, 2015
    General Babaji Ranjit Singh Dhandrian Wale, Simple living high Thinking Hard Talk Sep 27, 2013
    Sikh Weddings Simple? No, they Are Indulged In Brahmanwad Questions and Answers Sep 15, 2012
    The One-Minute Mystic: Simple Things You Can Do to Stay Connected Spiritual Articles May 23, 2011
    Being a Simple Sikh (blog of a Prithihardkaur Sikh) Spiritual Articles Sep 13, 2010

3. schasteen

schasteen
    Expand Collapse

You need to use that expresion in a query. Not sure how you transfering your
    data from one table to another (or why the need to), but I would guess an
    append or update queary which would be a good place for your expression. Or
    just format the data on your report or form on how you want it to appear.

"troy" wrote:

> I have field with Y/N (-1 or 0) data entered into table 1. I update some
    > fields into another table 2. This table has a text field and I want to change
    > the -1 or 0 to a Y or N using an expression. What is the expression to do
    > this? Does it go into the Default Value of the fields property? I was thinkig
    > something like this
    >
    > IIf(Nz(dbo_tblProductversion.Attachments,0)=-1,"Y","N") but it soes not work.
    >
    > Any Ideas? I really need help fast!
    >
    > Thanks