• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Similarities Between Jedi's And Sikhs!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
From an old article by me.

Hi All just been watching the Star Wars films and was thinking about he uncanny resemblance between the Religion of the Jedi’s and the Sikhs:

• Jedi’s don’t believe in Material Attachment (Moh), Greed (Lobh), Lust (Kaam), Krodh (Anger), (Hankaar)Egotism or false pride. Jedi’s believe in control of these basic carnal emotions and so do Sikhs.
• Always are armed with their lightsaber (Sikhs with their Kirpan), and never parted.
• Sikh’s believe in a code of conduct and a code of dress, as do the Jedi’s;
• Sikh’s believe in protecting the weak and poor and always standing up for Justice. So do the Jedi’s;
• Jedi’s have women warrior’s , who are equals of men. So do Sikhs (Mai Bhago etc)
• Sikh’s have a Council of the wise. Sikhs have a “Panchayat” and the Panj Pyarey
• Sikh’s concept of God is formless, and is around us and within us. The idea of the “Force” is essentially the same.

Can you come up with any more similarities or am I talking gibberish?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: The Problem With Agnostics!

How many of these elements of the "creed" are shared by Gursikhs. This came from a web site entitled "The Temple of the Jedi Order." :rofl:
Become a Jedi Religion Jediism - Temple Of The Jedi Order - Front Page

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Jedi Creed

I believe in The Living Force Of Creation:
I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
I am a Jedi.
I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;

To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi.
Note: This is a direct adaptation from the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi

BTW - The order of the Jedi is now incorporated in the State of Texas, USA as a non-profilt religious organization. They accept members of other faiths (dual traditions). LOL

But Sikhs may not be members of other faiths; so the best we can do is launch inter-craft convocations for the preservation of cosmic order.
[/FONT]

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Narayanjot ji,

Guru fateh.

Allow me to share how I discovered the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi. It was given to me as a birthday gift in Portuguese when I was living in Brasil. I was awestruck to read it and saw the similarities between the prayer and the Sikhi thought process.

It is said that Portuguese is the closeset language to Latin, so the Holy Bible in Portuguese has the best translation/interpretation from Greek to Latin and then to Portugese. My first read and eventually study of the Bible was in Portuguese and I see how some of the verses are translated in a different manner in English.

It is a great prayer from a visionary who was caring and a Sikh in his own ways and rights.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tejwant ji

You have resolved a question that always puzzled me. I have never studied Portuguese but can read Latin to this day. When I picked up a newspaper from Brazil I found I could read and understand about 70 percent. Now I know why. This is incredible to learn.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
The Jedi were adapted from Samurai culture by George Lucas. So perhaps it would be interesting to make the comparisons with Samurais and Sikhs.

By some strange coincidence (?), some time ago I wrote a post in my Khaliblog (The Road To Khalistan) that touched on this topic.

Among other things, we learned the opinion of the Japanese Sun Goddess (Amaterasu-no-Kami) of the Khalsa.

:swordfight:

Take a read at THE ROAD TO KHALISTAN: ...OF KHALSA AND SAMURAI

That post is also notable as the only time I have ever been addressed as "Great Lady."

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
The Jedi were adapted from Samurai culture by George Lucas. So perhaps it would be interesting to make the comparisons with Samurais and Sikhs.

I think he explored a number eastern of cultures.

If you listen closely, the Jawas are speaking some Hindi words eg when they zap the driod they say "Uth-eee-neee" , in Hindi that would be "Uth-aao-naa".

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM