• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Sikhs Are Terrible At PR

sandhu123

SPNer
Jun 3, 2011
Sikhs are terrible at PR
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We all know that, in recent times, Sikhs have faced an uphill struggle with their public image (post 1984, being confused for radical muslims, beards out of fashion etc) but the organisers of the major new Golden Temple exhibition in London have cited this as a key reason why they chose to launch it in Central London instead of in an area of Punjabi population. Personally, I don't think we're doing enough PR wise so I commend their decision..... [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]To read their full defense, go to www.gt1588.com/blog/on-the-worlds-stage[/FONT]

Caspian

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
Sikhs are horrible at PR. But I assure you, there problems are far lesser then their Jewish, Muslim, Christian and Hindu counterparts. Where Sikh's fail the most (in my opinion) is with there own people. Nevermind how sikhs look to the rest of the world, Sikhs need to do a better job educating other sikhs as to what it is they believe. Just a small example, but most sikh youths I talk to here believe in Heaven and Hell and use that concept in relation to sikhi. Just little stuff like that, piles up, mixes us up with muslims, christians or hindus and from there, its very easy for the negative PR of other religions effects us. :p (like post 9/11 confusion between sikhs and muslims).

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sikhs are horrible at PR. But I assure you, there problems are far lesser then their Jewish, Muslim, Christian and Hindu counterparts. Where Sikh's fail the most (in my opinion) is with there own people. Nevermind how sikhs look to the rest of the world, Sikhs need to do a better job educating other sikhs as to what it is they believe. Just a small example, but most sikh youths I talk to here believe in Heaven and Hell and use that concept in relation to sikhi. Just little stuff like that, piles up, mixes us up with muslims, christians or hindus and from there, its very easy for the negative PR of other religions effects us. :p (like post 9/11 confusion between sikhs and muslims).

How right you are Caspian Ji..
Sikhs not only beleive in Heavena nd Hell and Satan..and Black magic..they also beleive in HOLY COWS..avoiding beef even more than avoiding tobacco or ALCOHOL..BOTH of which are SPECIFICALLY BANNED BY NAME in SRM..while the Holy Cow/beef is NOT even mentioned !! ha Ha//talk about ..reading between the lines...Sikhs are real experts...at that...WHAT the GURU Specifically BANS..they cant see..what the Guru didnt say..they see so clearly...
Sikhs also beleive in Good days, lucky days, bad unlucky days, shubh things..ashubh things..black cats crsooing paths and donkeys sneezing...they beleive in Holy Saturdays, sangrands, manglik marriage partners kundlaiis and idols that drink milk or pass uirne.. or babaies with multiple heads, malformed heads etc as gods and goddesses...they beleive in pandits and holy Sadhus and sants who love to give them Wsahed feet water to drink as holy water...about the ONE and ONLY thing SIKHS avoid beleiving in is SGGS/GURBANI....THAT they keep wrapped in rumallahs and is ONLY for ritual matha tek on Gurdawra days just as an obligation...(just in case..???) Sikhs beleive GURBANI is very difficult..so they sing man made two liner Jingles..like AA giya baba Veid rogian da....Haath jorr ke laggoh charnee ji....Bandiyah kar leh bandegee..eh kandhaan ret deeyaen..etc etc
Sikhs also beleive Gurmukhi/Punjabi is a dead language..worthless..of no economic value..better of speaking hindi or english etc...which is actually Phindi and or Penglish....you know.. Sunna Kiddan 22 Ji ?? Kee haal hai ?? Kia baat hai...cheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleader

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
That's very right, They say Gurbani is very difficult but they still believe in the omens, rituals, Gods/Goddesses and stone age rules mentioned in mythological Granths whose language is so difficult that even the most learned grammar experts have a sweat decoding them. ...........
I am remembered of a conference on Manu Smriti in which the experts were contemplating over the idea of removing the obscene and vulgar content from the book, when the team of experts finally made a conclusion that the presently-voluminous Manu Smriti would be reduced to the size of only a small tract if all the objectionable content was removed from it.........But, we are very intelligent, perhaps even intelligent than the Gurus because we still believe in the obscene and vulgar mythological books the Gurus had dismissed.
God save us!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Yes the DG is intentionally made to be 1430 pages to match the SGGS. Whiel the SGGS ha sonly 1.5 pages of spuirious Raagmala and that also ADDED AFTER the LOCK..Mundawwnni MH 5 and cocluidng SLOK.tera kita jatoh nahin...SEALS the Gates shut.
The dG will be reduced to just 7 Pages IF reasonably sane material is kept...1423 pages of unadulterated Rubbish. Even the 7 pagse cannot be 100% verified as Guru kirt.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
The Dasam(?) Granth supporters have started referring to the DG as 'Dasam Sri Guru Granth Sahib', I myself have seen it on the front page of some 'birs'. Some even include the even more controversial 'Sarbloh Granth' and 'Guru Ratan Maal'(Sau Sakhi) among the list of the revered Granths. I am very much worried :(

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM