• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Here a short story with a terrific message, please bear with me, it wont be long

Three men were waiting for a train early in the morning.
One person, lets name him as A said” It is a nice Saturday morning”
The other man lets name him as B said” It is a nice morning”
A didn’t get what B was saying, he said” I said it is a Saturday nice morning, what is the difference?
B said” It is a nice morning”
A was not happy with that response compared to his one, he smiled and said” Yes, it is Saturday, so it is Saturday nice morning”
B said again” You do not need to add words to it, it is a nice morning”
A thought bad about his being adamant, he said” Look at my watch, it is Saturday and this train we are going to get only comes Monday and Saturday, so I can call it Saturday nice morning, what is wrong with that?"
B said” you are just adding word to this statement”
A was amazed and said” Don't you realize, today is Saturday?’
B said” We are talking about only this morning”
A got irritated” You are out of touch man, it is nice Saturday morning”
B said forcibly” It is a nice morning, you just keep adding word to it”
A was serious, he said” Have you a problem, just cannot get it? it is a Saturday nice morning, have you problem?"

B responded quickly” May be you have a problem.”
Train was nearing, the third person, lets name him C said” some people fail to understand color of the truth, lets see the train is here”

Who was missing the truth? Who was missing the color of the truth?
Please share your views. Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pk70 sahib ji

You are beginning to look like our respected forum member Sinister ji who likes topics like this.

There are 3 answers.

Logical truth -- A is telling half the truth because the only thing one can know by logic alone is that it is either Saturday or Monday because the train runs only on Saturday or Monday.

Personal/psychological truth -- B's personal truth is that it is a nice morning. B is not happy to have his truth modified. He doesn't want to have Saturday added on. But OK he goes along with it, reluctantly.

Then there is His Truth

rwgu rwmklI mhlw 5 ]

rxJuMJnVw gwau sKI hir eyku iDAwvhu ]
siqguru qum syiv sKI min icMidAVw Plu pwvhu ]

Raag Ramkali Mohalla V

Runjhunjhunda gavo sakhi Har ek dhyiyavaho.
Satguru tum sev sakhi mun chindiyada phal pavaho.
“O ‘friends, sing the melodious songs praising the Absolute One God. O ’friends, by reflecting upon Satguru (God), the desires will be fulfilled.”

So Person C - maybe Guru Arjan Dev (I think Ang 952) says we only need One Truth to be complete. Gurmukh is dyed in the color of the Truth.

Apologies sahibji, I did not answer your question. But I had a good time with it.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
aad0002 ji

Sinister ji's questions were real brain exercises some times.

You have almost got it save for misunderstanding B. As you have given quote from Mehla 5, real truth remains unchanged even if a color is used to specify it. As we see A is not happy because he used a color to the "nice morning" B is adamant for no reason, both have truth but why they stay in disagreement? That is point to ponder over. We see this all the time during discussions, debates, lectures , discourses etc. Bottom line is that truth remains unchanged. "Saturday" doesn't change the meaning of "nice morning" I think that is why C says some people fail to understand color of truth. Means some words are used as adverbs or adjectives just to specify or qualify it but meaning remains intact if use of words are aligned to the word or phrase that states a fact. As Sinister ji once asked a question about Truth, we have to dig it deep to find out what is context of that truth.
Thanks for sharing views on it.
Let me put your own statement indifferent way and it will answer all the questions; that one is actually beautiful" Gurmukh is dyed in the truth along its color"
Rgds

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM