• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Test your knowledge on sikh history and religion by taking these interesting Quiz sessions.

To take a quiz right now click here

Have a nice time exploring your general knowledge on Sikhism. More quizzes will be added soon.

Important: Please report any errors or emissions while taking these quizzes under this topic only so that we can rectify them promptly.

Regards

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Re: Its Quiz Time! Test Your Knowledge on Sikhism!!

Question 3 and Question 8 have discrepancies. Maybe Q.5 also.

I got 78% only. :8-:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

I am too much of a chicken heart to even try. Bravo bravissimo Nam Jap ji. :happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Aman ji

:D I am not going to check because i have to be tested to do that. :(

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

Quizzes are actually quite difficult and tricky and in depth but immensely informative. You will not regret taking them, if you think about the learning part. Best of Luck. :happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Maybe Aman ji, a little later. I still need to rest from learning how to move posts around. That was a learning curve -- as you said. :D

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Q.6 needs to be rechecked - 2nd quiz.

68% only. Sad.

Jan 17, 2007

Please elaborate.

“After the tenth Guru, the Guru Granth Sahib is seen as embodying the living and authoritative Word of God, whilst temporal authority is seen as vested in the Khalsa Panth, instituted with the initiation of the Panj Pyare (the five beloved ones) by Guru Gobind Singh in 1699.”

The Panj is analogous to the term Panchayat. Meaning five elders are selected from the community to resolve community issues. For a Sikh community, these five can be Panj Pyare. Who represent the temporal voice of the Guru but cannot be called Gurus.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

“After the tenth Guru, the Guru Granth Sahib is seen as embodying the living and authoritative Word of God, whilst temporal authority is seen as vested in the Khalsa Panth, instituted with the initiation of the Panj Pyare (the five beloved ones) by Guru Gobind Singh in 1699.”

The Panj is analogous to the term Panchayat. Meaning five elders are selected from the community to resolve community issues. For a Sikh community, these five can be Panj Pyare. Who represent the temporal voice of the Guru but cannot be called Gurus.

Hai Bhi Such ji

This is also my understanding. The Gurus ended with the 11th Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Khalsa Panth represents the temporal authority.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

The question has been corrected.

Jun 1, 2008
Sat shri akal,:D

I thought that il get extra marks for completing all the questions in less than 2 minutes. i was wrong?:confused:

Aman singh ji, the question about the present guru of sikhs was not wrong:yes:.SGGS and panth khalsa are collectively the guru:yes:. after all guru sahib himself was a member of panth khalsa:yes:. After the line of corporeal gurus was brought to an end by Guru Gobind Singh, the Khalsa Panth was installed its own leader under the abiding guidance of Guru Granth Sahib.:yes: we need to start a thread for discussing this:inca:

--sainty

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM