• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi Doctomentry

deepsingh87

SPNer
Jun 3, 2007
Is it possiable to make a documentry then have it air on tv channels such a cnn. How much would it cost? Would the SGPC fund it?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I don't know if this is too elementary for you, but I found this.

This is just a small section of a larger article, Deepsingh ji:

"Find finances for your film. Use Google or check with your local film office to find out what existing documentary funding programs are available to you. For example, the International Documentary Association has a great list of grants you can apply for."
at Make Your Own Documentary Film: 10 Easy Steps from Conceptualization to Completion

Then this is the link on google with a number of resources that I didn't check, if you are interested.

How to make a documentary - Google Search

The Soros Foundation funds documentaries

Soros Documentary Fund

And finally the google link for funding documenataries is

funding documentary - Google Search

It is always a pleasure to be able to do something useful for someone else. I wish you luck.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The following is a proposal for the title of a Sikh Drama.

(Source: http://www.sikhlionz.com/fromtheheart.pdf)

10.6 Trip To Sach Khand - The Play
Principal Characters:
Bibi jee - a gursikh who is inquiring about a trip to Sach Khand from
daas - a simple minded villager who has been hired to sell tickets to Sach Khand
The play begins when Bibi jee heard daas say that tickets to Sach Khand are available.....

BIBI
I was hoping you could explain about the 'ticket' to Sach khand. Can one buy one?
DAAS

Sure, the panj pyare sell them at various locations at various times of the year. Although the
high season is April time - Vaisakee to be precise.
BIBI

How does one go about making this purchase?
DAAS

Easy, one has to drop their worldly wisdom.
BIBI

Do you know the cost?
DAAS

The cost, pyari bibi jee, is rather high. It is nothing less than one's head.
BIBI

What does one need to take this trip?
DAAS

The right question would, "What does one need *not* take on this trip?"
The answer is, "everything".
BIBI

And where does one go?
DAAS

It really depends on how much of a frequent flyer you are.
The more frequent flyer miles you have, the less you have to travel.
At first, the journey takes months of flying. Then when the frequent flyer miles are
maximum, there is nowhere to go. The destination is here and now.
BIBI

Is it beautifully exsquisite there?
DAAS Bibi jee, what does this poor daas know? I have just been hired to do the trip's PR..
Bibi jee, if you could spare this wreck some of your travel money so that this povertystricken
daas could also one day travel to the place this daas talks so much
about.
DAAS

Bibi jee, please have mercy. I am hungry and thirsty. Please spare some of your travel​

money. Daas too wants to travel with you, but daas has no airfare. Perhaps if you and
your rich sangis would be kind enough to donate some of your travel money, this daas
could one day also hope to sit at the same level as you and travel to the destination
this daas has heard so much about.
DAAS

Bibi jee, have mercy, please.​

BIBI

What's the scenery like.​

DAAS

Once again, pyari bibi jee, daas has only heard about this destination.​

Daas has heard wonderful things, bibi jee - the trip is worth the cost, bibi jee, it is
definately worth the cost.
DAAS

There is nothing but light there, bibi jee. And daas has heard lovers whispher to each​

other that this light is nothing like the light daas sees here. This light is made of
primal element called prem(love). Bibi jee, these lovers who I overheard, bibi jee, said a
lot of things that this illiterate daas could not understand.
They whispered that there is no such thing as time - "akaal" they repeated several
times. Then they said there is no need to take a taxi or a bus to go anywhere - now,
bibi jee, daas does not understand how that is possible - but this is what those lovers
whisphered, they said it is possible to travel with something they called "will".
Then they also whispered that everything sings praises of the One, bibi jee, the One.
Even flowers which are made of light, sing. This poor daas does not understand, bibi jee. bibi jee, you are cultured and rich, please,please,please bibi jee, have mercy, have mercy and make this poor one understand. Please bibi jee, I will do whatever you tell me.
BIBI

Is there much sand. What I mean is, do you need to take beach wear?​

DAAS

Bibi jee, I do not recall a mention of sand, bibi jee, Perhaps when the lovers were whispering deep into the night, daas nodded off, as is the habit of this fool.​

BIBI

And what about the food?​

DAAS

The lovers said the food is the One's praise.​

BIBI

Are the natives friendly?​

DAAS

The lovers said all the natives are lovers there. Now bibi jee, please tell me daas is a fool and an idiot, this fool has most definately heard something wrong. Now, my rich​

and cultured bibi jee, how can it be possible for all the natives to be lovers?
BIBI

Ok last question, does it get really cold? Mmm...​

DAAS

The lovers said that there is no change in the weather there. They said, it is always
"glowing with prem (love)".
The play ends as Bibi jee walks away counting down the days to Vaisaikhee when she too​
can purchas her ticket from the Punj Pyare.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM