• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Youth Who ?

mehargags

SPNer
Jan 4, 2005
SSA TO ALL VEERJI & BAHENJI

I ahve one Youth Question Coming into my mind So plz tell me

If Sikh Boy Cut Down His Hair Then He Belongs to Which Religion ???

If He is reamined Sikh after cutting down hair so what we are

& if he become hindu We See them as diff. releigion.

I am aksing about this bec. yesterday i am with my gurdwara comiitte i have given them advice that peron who has cut down his beard or cut down her hair shoudn't allow to serve (seva) on langar.
Let me clarify i dont say that they dont eat langar I am only say that can't do vartaan di seva
& WE Dont have to stop hindu We should feel Proud if they doing seva

Then my one of my comitte member said that guru ji told us that all relegion are same

So i have the same questioned to all of them that who has cut down his hair what should i recognised him As a sikh or hindu

They dont have any answere for it?

I am talking about all this bec. in india People are just using turban to get in offices school colleges bec on specian quota
for eg in new delhi if u r sikh u will get 5 % extra if u r sikh but after admission U will see that cut surd
So isn't the time came that only true sikh should get proirty then Who r just using sikh as a method for comin up?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
guru ji dint say all religions are same in fact his attempt (successful) was to create a religion with no flaws that fulfils all the requirements

im my opinion sikhism is the best there is
atheism is the worst

guru ji says any path that will lead u to god is acceptable meaning good

so atheism is the worst thing to follow and sikhism is the best path to follow

this is just my opinion: sikhism is arguably the best religion.period.
and even the best way of life depends how u look at sikhism as religion or way of life

Saim

SPNer
Oct 28, 2007
Atheism the worst choice?

What about Native American religions that had human sacrifice? Cargo cults? Scientology? Wahabbi Sunni Islam? Pastafarianism (Flying Spagghetti Monster)?

Atheists don't say that a god definitely does not exist, they merely say to the theist "Where is your evidence?". When the theist fails to give any evidence, the atheist assumes that god doesn't exist (although he very well could).

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Yes friend this is where you can help us understand theist view for better

yes I think many of us have confusions about various concepts and we can get rid of them with disscusion and this the learning process

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Sikh view of what?

GOD !

I n Sikhism God is

Formless
Nameless
Eternal

and Unmanifetsed

When it manifest it takes the shape of universe
with

All the form
All teh names
But remains limited( not eternal)

Yu can ask anything soecific and I will try to answer

Jatinder Singh

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
What will say about buddhism where they don't believe in God, bhagat singh ji...

- Most of the sikhs who feel that they are in one of the best religion are mistaken, Guruji said he is the worst of the worst, from where have sikhs learned they are best, probably they are not sikhs. :).... Please grow up, there are people better than you out there. What is this false pride about !

- Mehergags ji the person remains human even after cutting hair, and that is what is essential....

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
If the theory that cutting your hair makes you a Hindu, seeing as people are claiming some 80 percent of youths have hair cuts in the Panjab, then Panjab is a Hindu state!!

Seriously though, if they have cut their hair but still visit Gurdwara and don't believe in other religions then I would say they are Sehaj Dhari Sikhs with historically Khalsa roots NOT Hindus.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
What will say about buddhism where they don't believe in God, bhagat singh ji...

- Most of the sikhs who feel that they are in one of the best religion are mistaken, Guruji said he is the worst of the worst, from where have sikhs learned they are best, probably they are not sikhs. :).... Please grow up, there are people better than you out there. What is this false pride about !

- Mehergags ji the person remains human even after cutting hair, and that is what is essential....
TGill-ji, Buddhists do not believe in the eternal creator God. However, Brahma does exist, but he is deluded thinking he created everything. In Buddhist view, a being lowers down from one FORMLESS realm due to karma, to be the first being in Brahma's palace... one said being discovers he is inside brahma's palace, he thinks through poast merit he has become brahma... and can create bodies.. and other beings.. which rlly fall due to their karma, and not his creation...

In Buddhism, the nature of reality is called the Dharmakaya. It too, is eternal, nameless, and present within all. It is exactly like the Sikh view of God, except Buddhists worship idols and do rituals, etc.

Pleas take this from a man who was going to be a monk at kathog tashi choling monastery, in Tibet.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

I dont get ur first question.

any proof u got about wut the guru said?
I dont think Sikhs say that they are the best.

Sure there are better people than me. I am not saying I am the best. I am saying SIKHISM the religion is the best. I think you should read properly before saying anything. Ssaying that Sikhism is the bes religion is not fake pride. PLease grow up.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Atheism the worst choice?

What about Native American religions that had human sacrifice? Cargo cults? Scientology? Wahabbi Sunni Islam? Pastafarianism (Flying Spagghetti Monster)?

Atheists don't say that a god definitely does not exist, they merely say to the theist "Where is your evidence?". When the theist fails to give any evidence, the atheist assumes that god doesn't exist (although he very well could).

And I thought Atheism was not believing in any religion.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
I dont get ur first question.
- Atheism is believing in no God, buddhists doesn't believe in God. What will you say about them Sir ?

any proof u got about wut the guru said?
- You need proof, well then read japuji sahib what can I say.

I dont think Sikhs say that they are the best.
- You mean you are not a sikh cos you just said so ?

Sure there are better people than me. I am not saying I am the best. I am saying SIKHISM the religion is the best. I think you should read properly before saying anything. Ssaying that Sikhism is the bes religion is not fake pride
- I will grow up sir, when will you. Provide some proof which says sikhism is the best religion. All feel their religion is the best. To be a smug is a proof to be a childish nature of few sikhs or non-sikhs I would say.

Apr 4, 2007
TGill-ji, Buddhists do not believe in the eternal creator God. However, Brahma does exist, but he is deluded thinking he created everything. In Buddhist view, a being lowers down from one FORMLESS realm due to karma, to be the first being in Brahma's palace... one said being discovers he is inside brahma's palace, he thinks through poast merit he has become brahma... and can create bodies.. and other beings.. which rlly fall due to their karma, and not his creation...

In Buddhism, the nature of reality is called the Dharmakaya. It too, is eternal, nameless, and present within all. It is exactly like the Sikh view of God, except Buddhists worship idols and do rituals, etc.

Pleas take this from a man who was going to be a monk at kathog tashi choling monastery, in Tibet.

just to be clear... buddhism has different schools with different beliefs. tibetan buddhism has been mixed with tibetan pagan religion/hindu beliefs. Theravada buddhism, on the other hand, is closer to the original practice and does not include belief in God.

(please take this from a girl who spent a lot of time in buddhist temples in thailand learning the theravadic tradition :D)

Apr 4, 2007
And I thought Atheism was not believing in any religion.

kind of. atheists deny the existence of God. in my opinion, this strong belief in the non-existence of God is a religion of it's own. :)

Saim seems to have confused Atheists (who don't believe in God) with Agnostics (who don't know/care/state whether God exists or not).

in my opinion, agnosticism is probably the least positive path, as it shows a total lack of interest in spiritual or religious learning. (i'm a former agnostic :) )

Apr 4, 2007
SSA TO ALL VEERJI & BAHENJI

I ahve one Youth Question Coming into my mind So plz tell me

If Sikh Boy Cut Down His Hair Then He Belongs to Which Religion ???

If He is reamined Sikh after cutting down hair so what we are

& if he become hindu We See them as diff. releigion.

no, cutting your hair does not make you a hindu! that would imply that sikhs are simply hindus with kesh, which we all know is just hindutva propaganda to try to weaken the panth.

a sikh who cuts their hair, and who has never taken amrit, well if they say they are sikh, if they believe in the teachings of the gurus, the guru granth sahib, and claim no other religion.. i guess they're still sikhs, right? maybe not gursikh... but who are we to tell them they no longer belong to the sikh faith?

a sikh who cuts his hair AFTER amrit is a patit, and is no longer a Sikh. he's not necessarily hindu either though, he's just not a sikh. :)

but... in the end, if you don't want to see mona sikhs doing langar seva, feel free to stand up and offer to do the seva in their place. if enough self-proclaimed gursikhs would do the seva, then there wouldn't be this problem. :)

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
just to be clear... buddhism has different schools with different beliefs. tibetan buddhism has been mixed with tibetan pagan religion/hindu beliefs. Theravada buddhism, on the other hand, is closer to the original practice and does not include belief in God.

(please take this from a girl who spent a lot of time in buddhist temples in thailand learning the theravadic tradition :D)
Tibetan buddhism has been mixed with Bon (not hinduism), I agree.

However, some of the doctrine is purely Buddhist.

mkd

SPNer
Oct 15, 2007
ok therez nothinn wrong if one thinks his religion is the best thatss human nature buhh all the religions shud be respected thats wah guru sahib sed.. i think anyone can do seva in the gurd...
wah do u call a person wid uncut hair... juss a punjabi not a sikhh thats wah i say
well i kinda go further anyone hus not amritdhari shud not be considered a sikh (accordinn to me) cz guru gobind singh ji himself took amrit ann became guru gobind SINGH from gobind RAI soo arent the sikhs not INCOMPLETE widout amrit???

Last edited by a moderator:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
- Atheism is believing in no God, buddhists doesn't believe in God. What will you say about them Sir ?

- You need proof, well then read japuji sahib what can I say.

- You mean you are not a sikh cos you just said so ?

- I will grow up sir, when will you. Provide some proof which says sikhism is the best religion. All feel their religion is the best. To be a smug is a proof to be a childish nature of few sikhs or non-sikhs I would say.

I never said I wasnt a Sikh, why do u keep assuming things?
You want proof which says Sikhism is the best religion, read Guru Granth Sahib. :{;o:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: