• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Politics Sikh To Be First Non-white Member Of British National Party

Oct 16, 2009
Sikh to be first non-white member of British National Party

A 78-year-old Sikh is set to become the first non-white member of British National Party (BNP), a media report said on Monday.
Rajinder Singh, an anti-Islamic activist, has been supporting the anti-immigrant far right party for about a decade, though being a non-white, he is barred from joining it, Daily Mail reported on its website on Monday.
Singh will soon be able to join BNP as a fully-fledged member after the party last weekend began the process of changing its constitution to not discriminate on the grounds of race or religion, the report said.
BNP spokesman John Walker said Singh would be the ideal first non-white candidate to join the party.
He said: "I suggested it myself - if we're going to do this (open up BNP membership to non-whites) then Rajinder Singh would be a good person to sign up."
"Mr Singh has been supportive of the party for years. He's here (in Britain) not to throw his weight around, he's here under our protection. He fully accepted our membership criteria.
Singh, who was born in Lahore in Pakistan and fled communal tensions to come to Britain in 1967, said he would be "honoured" to join the party.
The former teacher is openly anti-Muslim after his father was killed during the partition of India in 1947, the report said.
"I am a retired teacher, living a quiet life," he was quoted as saying by The Independent. "I got in touch with the BNP on certain core policies that appeal to me."
"I come from partitioned Punjab that saw a lot of bloodshed in 1947. Anyone escaping that genocide would pray to God, say never again and vote for BNP," he said.
The Daily Mail report says mainstream Sikh groups were appalled by Singh's involvement with the BNP.
It quotes Indarjit Singh, director of the Network of Sikh Organisations, as saying: "Sikhs who are true to their faith will having nothing whatsoever to do with any party that favours any one section of the community."
In December 2001, Rajinder Singh and another Sikh from Slough called Ammo Singh announced plans to set up an Asian Friends of the BNP group for people sympathetic to the party's anti-Islamic stance, the report said.

Jan 30, 2010
Correct me if I am wrong as I dont have much knowledge of UK politics.

Isn't BNP some sort of Ku Klux Klan type or Nazi type party ?

Isn't the Singh mentioned as member of BNP a clean shaven one ?

Could this be an infiltration of the RSS in the UK political scene through the back door ?

I would not have been surprised had this person been a turbaned and bearded Sikh even as in India the Rashtriya Sikh sangat(RSS) people LOOK more religious than ordinary Sikhs.

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Correct me if I am wrong as I dont have much knowledge of UK politics.

Isn't BNP some sort of Ku Klux Klan type or Nazi type party ?

Isn't the Singh mentioned as member of BNP a clean shaven one ?

Could this be an infiltration of the RSS in the UK political scene through the back door ?

I would not have been surprised had this person been a turbaned and bearded Sikh even as in India the Rashtriya Sikh sangat(RSS) people LOOK more religious than ordinary Sikhs.

The BNP is a political party who's aim is to ensure that Britian is a White only place.

The Singh in question is a bearded, turbaned man, who I guess is full of hate for Islam. So Sikh yes I guess he must be, but not a very good one.

Jan 30, 2010
The BNP is a political party who's aim is to ensure that Britian is a White only place.

The Singh in question is a bearded, turbaned man, who I guess is full of hate for Islam. So Sikh yes I guess he must be, but not a very good one.

With all due respect to your knowledge about Sikhism and your enthusiasm to learn more about Sikhism .Do you consider the person in the following video a bearded and turbaned Sikh ?

YouTube- BNP Sardar Rajinder Singh: Islamism

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Umm not sure what that pic has to do with any knowledge of Sikhi I may or may not posses, but ahh well.

Thank you sir, yes I see I made a mistake. The picture that I had in my head when I recalled a similar story about this man of a few months back, was clearly of a bearded, turbanded Sikh. Alas I am mistaken.

Jan 30, 2010
Umm not sure what that pic has to do with any knowledge of Sikhi I may or may not posses, but ahh well.

Thank you sir, yes I see I made a mistake. The picture that I had in my head when I recalled a similar story about this man of a few months back, was clearly of a bearded, turbanded Sikh. Alas I am mistaken.

Dear Sir,

That is the Rajinder Singh we are talking about.

No problem .Actually it is this mistaken identity of the Sikhs we have been fighting against whereas the Indian state has been trying to integrate or you can say make Sikhs indistinguishable from Hindus either by force or by misinterpreting us through various media.

Whereas Sikhs are a distinct religion,community or rather nation.We dont have our own Sikh media,tv,radio in India.

Good Luck in learning more about Sikhism at the following site where you will learn that muslims in the form of mughals and afghans fought with Sikhs and inflicted untold misery on Sikhs but at the same time there were so many muslims who infact helped Sikhs and their Gurus even at the risk of their lives .
Besides the above our living Guru,the holy Guru Granth Sahib has baani(writings)of great muslim saints like Baba Farid ji and Bhagat Kabir ji.

One of the great saints who always accompanied our first Guru Nanak ji was Bhai Mardana(again a muslim).Actually some muslims in Pakistan still consider Guru Nanak ji as a muslim peer(saint).

Only people who blindly hate muslims are the hindutva nazi forces.Actually their symbol and symbol of Hitler are same--Swastika

Gateway to Sikhism Welcome to Gateway to Sikhism

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Lee ji

Don't fret about it. You are thinking of Rajinder Singh Nijharr who created his own special blend of Sikhism, Islam and Christianity, topped off with a thick dollop of Gnosticism. Kee_jaana_mein__kaun ji was not a member of SPN at the time when we were paid a visit by the other Rajinder, who made a YouTube about the spiritually blind Narayanjot Kaur ji

That is the source of the mix-up.

ROFLMAO -- but not at you!

Jan 30, 2010
Lee ji

Don't fret about it. You are thinking of Rajinder Singh Nijharr who created his own special blend of Sikhism, Islam and Christianity, topped off with a thick dollop of Gnosticism. Kee_jaana_mein__kaun ji was not a member of SPN at the time when we were paid a visit by the other Rajinder, who made a YouTube about the spiritually blind Narayanjot Kaur ji

Oh I see.

I knew about Nijjhar but I didn't know his full name was Rajinder Singh Nijjhar.

Where can I find the video made about Narayanjot Kaur ji by Nijjhar ?

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Dear Sir,
Only people who blindly hate muslims are the hindutva nazi forces.Actually their symbol and symbol of Hitler are same--Swastika

Hah kee ji, my freind I have in fact been Sikh for about nine years, you are preaching to the converted.

I'm not sure that I can agree with the above, there are many non Hindu's who harbour a hatred for Islam. As for the Hindu symbol you refer to, I belive that it has much to do with the Sun in Hinduism, and so not at all like the Nazi's tehft of the symbol for their own neferious means.

False information like that leads me to think that you yourself have a negative outlook on Hindus and Hinduism, that would not be the case would it? One word my freind Krodh.

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Lee ji

Narayanjot ji,

Hah not a problem, we are all wrong sometimes, yes even myself!;)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM