• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Sikh Studies For Woman

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
We need our women folk to have full knowledge of Sikhism.History as well Gurbani should be must for the girls.No propagator, scholar or Gurdwara can do to instil sikhism in the mind of a child as a mother can do.I am not against any other religion but a sikh should be a true sikh.

Jaswinder Singh ji

Guru Fateh.

Interesting thought. You start your post with :

"We need our women folk to have full knowledge of Sikhism."

It means the fact is they have not been able to get that knowledge somehow. The women I mean. Does it also imply that men-boys have all the knowledge and practice that in the household where their wives, mothers,sisters and daughters live?

Then you write:

"History as well Gurbani should be must for the girls.No propagator, scholar or Gurdwara can do to instil sikhism in the mind of a child as a mother can do."

How about for the boys and the men of the family? Are they born with the Sikh values and practice them?

Pardon my ignorance but it seems your are passing the buck and also your former statement contradicts the latter.

If women - mothers have not been taught about Sikhi then how they as women can teach Sikhi to their daughters?

Where are the fathers in this important endeavour? Daughters are normally closer to their dads than their mums.

Am I missing something here?

Regards

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM