• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Parade NYC 2010

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I am organizing a group for the Sikh parade in NYC on April 24. The group's goal is to teach people about Sikhi and send a message out to everyone what Sikhi is all about. As all of us are aware that Sikhism is in a position right now where many Sikhs have forgotten their identities and roots. We want to remind people who we are and where we are today. It is extremely important that we keep Sikhi alive and teach others about it. We want to reach out to as many people as we can.

If you live in NYC, please e-mail me if you would like to be part of the group. If you cannot be part of the parade but have ideas about what we should do at the parade please e-mail me your ideas and we will consider each one of them. This is a group who is trying to get people back on the right path so please give us suggestions and help us unite Sikhs once again.

E-mail address; gursikhi.jeevan@ yahoo.com

Thank you
Ramandeep Kaur Khalsa
New York City

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Please feel free to post details, posters, copies of fliers, for this at SPN. If you need help with the technical details, I will give you a hand. Do you want this in our calendar?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I did add it to the calendar. And also noted that people should see what their local gurdwaras are doing to organize for this.

The parade is a very big event on the east coast US with many sangats renting buses and traveling to New York in large groups. Last year's parade videos were posted here.

Thanks for your comments because members can tell their gurdwara management committees about your contact. Or, those members who don't have an active gurdwara still have the option of participating along with your.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM