• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh History To Be Rewritten: SGPC Chief

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh history to be rewritten: SGPC chief

fullstory

STAFF WRITER 20:43 HRS ISTPatiala, May 10 (PTI) In view of doubts raised by some scholars, the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) today said the entire Sikh history would be reviewed and rewritten.

A history department would be established at the Sikh University at Fatehgrah Sahib for the task, SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar told a new conference here.

Some writers and scholars were raising controversies and spreading negative publicity about the Sikh history, he said.

To put to rest such doubts, the SGPC, the apex religious body, would set up a department for reviewing and rewriting the history penned by Sikh and English scholars, Makkar said.

On the "siropa" (robe of honour) presented to former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh during his visit to the Golden Temple yesterday, Makkar said he had sought a report in this regard from the SGPC Secretary.

Attachments

• SGPC-Logo.jpg
    SGPC-Logo.jpg
    16.8 KB · Reads: 1,005
Last edited by a moderator:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Some writers and scholars were raising controversies and spreading negative publicity about the Sikh history, he said.

To put to rest such doubts, the SGPC, the apex religious body, would set up a department for reviewing and rewriting the history penned by Sikh and English scholars, Makkar said.
I am speechless!

Attachments

• ROFLOL.gif
    ROFLOL.gif
    13.7 KB · Reads: 349

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It is good that someone cares enough about me and my fragile munn to take action and resolve my doubts. :veryhappykudi::veryhappykudi::veryhappykudi: I did not know that anyone cared that much. :veryhappymunda::veryhappymunda::veryhappymunda:. There is nothing more tranquil than a mind rid of doubt. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What can I say? I too am speechless.

--------------

Now in all seriousness, and no kidding around, this project falls outside of the jurisdiction of the SGPC according to the India Gurdwara Act.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
It is good that someone cares enough about me and my fragile munn to take action and resolve my doubts. :veryhappykudi::veryhappykudi::veryhappykudi: I did not know that anyone cared that much. :veryhappymunda::veryhappymunda::veryhappymunda:. There is nothing more tranquil than a mind rid of doubt. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What can I say? I too am speechless.

--------------

Now in all seriousness, and no kidding around, this project falls outside of the jurisdiction of the SGPC according to the India Gurdwara Act.

In all seriousness, about 90% of what SGPC does falls outside of the jurisdiction of the SGPC according to the India Gurdwara Act. SGPC is just another branch of the Badalistan Cabal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gija is the side pocket of Kurta / Shirt - i believe writer means - Makkar will make profit out of this whole thing.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,
Daas:coolmunda:

Fateh ji! If this were a game show your answer would get a big round of applause I am sure.

Where does the money come from for this project? From the daswandh given by sangats and sent to SGPC by gurdwaras worldwide? Or from the state government? I have been pondering this question last night and this morning?

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Fateh ji! If this were a game show your answer would get a big round of applause I am sure.

Where does the money come from for this project? From the daswandh given by sangats and sent to SGPC by gurdwaras worldwide? Or from the state government? I have been pondering this question last night and this morning?

While the families of our 1984 shaheeds still - for the most part - live in abject poverty.

The SGPC is obscenely rich. They have crores of rupees, maybe more, squirreled away, certainly enough to finance the small nation of Baladistan for many years. And more is coming in daily.

I don't know where the funds for this particular project come from, but I am sure that they are peanuts compared to the available funds. I am quite cynical about this, I know, with good reason.

Apr 24, 2010
Sat Shri Akaal Everyone,

Is anyone wondering what the new history is going to prove? :)

A Sikh had pointed out on Sikhnet that the original Rahitnama written by Chaupa Singh, which supports Dasam Granth, is missing; as only its copy is available it cannot be considered reliable.

To this, a well known dasam granthi responded that the Indian Government has returned the Sikh literature taken during 1984 Blue Star Operation to SGPC, but SGPC has not announced it yet. He also mentioned that in this literature, the original Chaupa Singh rehitnama is also being returned! It is incredible that we, the normal Sikhs, don't even know that this material has been returned, but a dasam granthi knows even the details as to what is being returned! BTW rehitnamas usually are small pieces of work, and a dasam granthi knew this much detail about the material being returned even to know the name of a little rehitnama. Boy are these people well informed or what.

So since Dasam granth was lacking any historical support, the "new Sikh history" is sure to fill in those gaps.
:happykudi:

Rani Kaur

hpannu

SPNer
Dec 17, 2007
Our Society is so corrupt now a days - anything you can imagine or believe happens. Once the budget is approved for a project like this - there are lots of sharks waiting for their piece of the pie. Of course the money in question is given by Sangat for a good cause ( Parchar and ....). But once the money is in SGPC golak, we have no control of how it will be used ? and who will benefit from it ? Look at the quality of Granthis and Keertania's SGPC is producing now a days. Since the SGPC has a budget almost the same as that of Punjab Government - they have lot of power, if they utilize it for Dharam Parchar. Unfortunately that is not the case and we all are suffering.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,
Daas:happykaur:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM