Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh history to be rewritten: SGPC chief

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by spnadmin, May 11, 2010.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Sikh history to be rewritten: SGPC chief

fullstory

STAFF WRITER 20:43 HRS ISTPatiala, May 10 (PTI) In view of doubts raised by some scholars, the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) today said the entire Sikh history would be reviewed and rewritten.

A history department would be established at the Sikh University at Fatehgrah Sahib for the task, SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar told a new conference here.

Some writers and scholars were raising controversies and spreading negative publicity about the Sikh history, he said.

To put to rest such doubts, the SGPC, the apex religious body, would set up a department for reviewing and rewriting the history penned by Sikh and English scholars, Makkar said.

On the "siropa" (robe of honour) presented to former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh during his visit to the Golden Temple yesterday, Makkar said he had sought a report in this regard from the SGPC Secretary.

Attached Files:

#1 spnadmin, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh News How The Left & Indian Nationalists Distorted The History Of Sikh Gadhar Movement - Breaking News Sep 21, 2016
    Sikh Gurus Ram Puniyani (Dr) Distorts Sikh History History of Sikhism Aug 5, 2016
    Sikh News 'Saakhi' Audio App To Tell Stories Of Sikh History, Valour - Hindustan Times Breaking News Jul 29, 2016
    Sikh Gurus Sikh History Vol 9, Guru Gobind Singh History of Sikhism Jun 28, 2016
    Sikh Gurus Sikh History Vol 8, Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib History of Sikhism Jun 28, 2016

3. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Leaving all the garble aside, the most interesting part was the giving away of Siropao to Capt. Amrinder Singh, does it show chinks in the empire of SGPC? :ice: :veryhappymunda:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I am speechless!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

It is good that someone cares enough about me and my fragile munn to take action and resolve my doubts. :veryhappykudi::veryhappykudi::veryhappykudi: I did not know that anyone cared that much. :veryhappymunda::veryhappymunda::veryhappymunda:. There is nothing more tranquil than a mind rid of doubt. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

What can I say? I too am speechless.

--------------

Now in all seriousness, and no kidding around, this project falls outside of the jurisdiction of the SGPC according to the India Gurdwara Act.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

In all seriousness, about 90% of what SGPC does falls outside of the jurisdiction of the SGPC according to the India Gurdwara Act. SGPC is just another branch of the Badalistan Cabal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bscheema

bscheema
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

:thinkingmunda:how come this happnd smthing fishy in makkr,s gija

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I'm not sure what a gija is, but if it concerns Makkar (and therefore Badal), it's worse than just fishy; it's week dead fishy. Have you ever smelled week dead fish?
    :veryhappymunda:

9. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Gija sounds like doing something right under the nose of someone... :veryhappymunda:

10. hpannu

hpannu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gija is the side pocket of Kurta / Shirt - i believe writer means - Makkar will make profit out of this whole thing.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,
    Daas:coolmunda:

• Like Like x 2
  11. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Fateh ji! If this were a game show your answer would get a big round of applause I am sure.

Where does the money come from for this project? From the daswandh given by sangats and sent to SGPC by gurdwaras worldwide? Or from the state government? I have been pondering this question last night and this morning?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

While the families of our 1984 shaheeds still - for the most part - live in abject poverty.

The SGPC is obscenely rich. They have crores of rupees, maybe more, squirreled away, certainly enough to finance the small nation of Baladistan for many years. And more is coming in daily.

I don't know where the funds for this particular project come from, but I am sure that they are peanuts compared to the available funds. I am quite cynical about this, I know, with good reason.

13. Archived_Member_17

Archived_Member_17
    Expand Collapse
    Contributor Supporter

Sat Shri Akaal Everyone,

Is anyone wondering what the new history is going to prove? :)

A Sikh had pointed out on Sikhnet that the original Rahitnama written by Chaupa Singh, which supports Dasam Granth, is missing; as only its copy is available it cannot be considered reliable.

To this, a well known dasam granthi responded that the Indian Government has returned the Sikh literature taken during 1984 Blue Star Operation to SGPC, but SGPC has not announced it yet. He also mentioned that in this literature, the original Chaupa Singh rehitnama is also being returned! It is incredible that we, the normal Sikhs, don't even know that this material has been returned, but a dasam granthi knows even the details as to what is being returned! BTW rehitnamas usually are small pieces of work, and a dasam granthi knew this much detail about the material being returned even to know the name of a little rehitnama. Boy are these people well informed or what.

So since Dasam granth was lacking any historical support, the "new Sikh history" is sure to fill in those gaps.
    :happykudi:

Rani Kaur

• Like Like x 1
  14. hpannu

hpannu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Our Society is so corrupt now a days - anything you can imagine or believe happens. Once the budget is approved for a project like this - there are lots of sharks waiting for their piece of the pie. Of course the money in question is given by Sangat for a good cause ( Parchar and ....). But once the money is in SGPC golak, we have no control of how it will be used ? and who will benefit from it ? Look at the quality of Granthis and Keertania's SGPC is producing now a days. Since the SGPC has a budget almost the same as that of Punjab Government - they have lot of power, if they utilize it for Dharam Parchar. Unfortunately that is not the case and we all are suffering.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,
    Daas:happykaur:

• Like Like x 2