• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair On Their Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

If this is true then it would be written in Gurbani. You and Loin Prince Jatinder need to present proof the above statement is true. So start presenting Gurbani

Gurbani is True, 100%. If a person see Gurbani as maya then that does not make Gurbani maya. This makes the persons mind maya. Gurbani is not affected by how an individual relates to Gurbani. Gurbani tells the reader the Truth and is the Truth and if the reader takes the truth as maya that does not make Gurbani maya that makes the person mind maya. I know i have repeated myself here, but this was purposely done.

Here's a tuk that say what Gurbani is.

The Dear Lord is True, and True is the Word of His Bani. Through the Word of the Shabad, Union with Him is obtained. ||1|| ang 64
Mr. Singh.... you are at a different level( not necessarily lower) as comapred to Bhagat singh .
he is talking about maya in different way than yours.
And Gurbani is truth ... but may not be complete.......in today's context. Just an example... what about computers in 15th century.
Each mind has different capabilities...... some need an idol, some need a name and others( buddhists) need nothing.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

Jeetijohal ji you continue to call having alots of hair a disease disfigurement and that this generation is hairy than the previous. How is having more hair than the previous generation a bad thing or a disfigurement. Am I failing to see something that you can?

Hair doesn't hinder anyone so why does it have to be dealt with in the way you are suggesting?
Mr. Singh , if your ideas are correct... then why 99% of population does not follow it.... you may say old cliche of.... truth is never popular etc...
Guru Nanak dev ji promoted practical approach to life......

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

Mr. Singh.... you are at a different level( not necessarily lower) as comapred to Bhagat singh .
Though your comments are not addressed to me but they still deserve comments. How can you judge others, you don’t even know them, hmmm, you are measuring up levels of others…. amazing !!

Elaborate what is Maya, we will see then how correct is your analysis
And Gurbani is truth ... but may not be complete.......in today's context. Just an example... what about computers in 15th century.

Gurbani doesn’t deal with technology or other discoveries a man can have at his command now and in the future but with the stillness of mind which remains vital need of a person who longs for it.
Each mind has different capabilities...... some need an idol, some need a name and others( buddhists) need nothing.[/quote]
Absolutely incorrect, one doesn’t need idol or other stuff just because of mind’s capability. It is the mind’s acceptance and inclination, most of the time sculptured through environments. By the way Budhists waste a lot of time in search of Buddha incarnation that is another mentality you are pointing out to be a need as per your capability of mind concept( though I disagree again)

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006

For the first two points I would request Bhagat Singh Ji to come forward and discuss. I think he can better explain . I could sense his ideas.
Third point about computers... it was an example only.
Guru nank Dev ji never said that he is God.... he gave us light and guided us...What I am saying is that the ideas presented at that time may not be well understood in today's context. Computer example was a way to bring out the point.......
Point #4... you say mind's acceptance ... and I say mind's capability.... I accept your mind's acceptance.... Just go to the inner meaning ... do not dwell upon particular word(s).
That is what I meant when I said... Bhagat Singh is on different level..... infact that is the basis of our religion... be practical... do not waste time in unnecessary rituals/ details. Live happy life....:)
First we need to talk on same level... then only we can get final results.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

I don’t need to split hair but I know very well that we judge others but very rarely look into our own back yards. Let Bhagat Singh ji or Singh ji address your judgment. Personally, to be honest, I feel I am not able to point out even my own level so what to speak of measuring up others levels. Good Luck in your pursuits!

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK

The expanding consciousness, the broadening mind as it frees itself from the entanglement of fear, hatefulness and ego, is intrepidly opens the windows of its soul to universal worldly light and truth, it is then we cease to talk in defence, agitated by the confrontational speech of others, it is in a state of perfected equipoise we are best equipped to speak but rarely so inclined to do so.

Curious indeed. What is communication, incessant talking, lengthy ripostes and outpourings of the contents of one’s heart interpreted as varyingly as the mindset of each reader, what is speech and opinion but contextual states of mind in situations inciting rather than inspiring speech causing the proliferation of falsehoods, biased inconclusive theories and outright distortion of truth and lies.

Speech is a symptom of inner turmoil causing the arising of questions or need to release troubling or complex thoughts disturbing our mental peace. When such inquiries arise within it is ideal to ponder, or induce a state of meditation to extricate these contentious vibes causing anxiety or urgent need to rant. Yet instead most have become accustomed to expending this toxic energy within upon family members, colleagues or forums, thus provoking bad karma and the loss of good will. Food if only a roti di bhurki for thought.

The intellect is wisest when it is perfectly balanced and in a condition of enlightened and fair minded awareness. Yet it is precisely in these times we have no such need to talk or write.

This is why life rarely makes very much sense at all, is it not ... ?

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

:inca:

kp_cool79

SPNer
May 27, 2008

I Humbly disagree with you all , as DASAM PITA himself wrote "REHAT PYARI MUJH KO SIKH PYARA NAAHI" so we should not mold our religious believe as per our convenince.

Oct 28, 2008
Dubai

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fathe

I notice one thing when we are interfairing in god work, that work going again double speed, means when we start to cut the hair from our body, It's grow faster & when we leave as itis after some time it's stop groing. Hair Whitch is given by God At anywere on body & we cut it what do you think god given by mistake. One Side we read BHULAN HARE SAB KO, ABHUL GURU KARTAAR. & onther side we distroy god gift.
SAABT SURAT RAB BNAYE, BAIMAAN NE BHAN GWAYE.

Sorry if i heart some one.:confused:

Each mind has different capabilities...... some need an idol, some need a name and others( buddhists) need nothing.

Since you had no response to G Singhs post regarding Gurbani I'm wait till you respond to G Singhs post and I'll give you the take on Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji; The Eternal living Guru.

But your judgement to what level im on is a classic. I was laughing pretty hard when I read your post. But I tried to hold my laugh because it wasn't that funny, just a bit funny. Next time if you want to say im on a lower level then anyone then just come out and say it. Be straight forward and don't hide behind words.

Mr. Singh , if your ideas are correct... then why 99% of population does not follow it.... you may say old cliche of.... truth is never popular etc...
Guru Nanak dev ji promoted practical approach to life......

Mr. Ballym, These are not my ideas. The Tenth Nanak, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji made it a Hukam to keep unshorn hair. You speak about practical approach to life. What does your above statement have to do with practicality. If it does then you are implying that the Tenth Nanak was not practical because he made it a Hukam that every Sikh must keep unshorn hair. Also if you are implying as I understand then you are also saying Guru Nanak Dev ji was different from the Tenth Nanak. Furthermore you are going into saying quantity out weighs quality and Truth. These are not the teachings of Sikhi to what you have said.

You have every right to believe what you want to believe and follow; along with your 99% of the population in your favor, but I and many other Sikhs follow Guru ji and follow the teachings of Sikhi, which are the teachings of the Guru.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Mr. Ballym, These are not my ideas. The Tenth Nanak, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji made it a Hukam to keep unshorn hair.
And the situation in which he gives that hukam is completely ignored...

You speak about practical approach to life. What does your above statement have to do with practicality. If it does then you are implying that the Tenth Nanak was not practical because he made it a Hukam that every Sikh must keep unshorn hair.
It was practical in that particular situation. it may or may not be practical now.

And the situation in which he gives that hukam is completely ignored...

It was practical in that particular situation. it may or may not be practical now.

If the situation is ignored that don't mean its not important. Also the only people that ignore it is the ones that don't want to follow it. If you don't want to follow the Guru that's fine don't then.

It's not practical based on what?

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

If we are supposed to keep our bodies as God intended then why do I not see any Sikh gentlemen with long finger nails ,Ive seen plenty of females with them but no males, just a thought, why do we cut our toe nails, why do we wear shoes, why do we ride horses and drive cars, biuld houses all the afore mentioned are not natural things yet we do them daily without condemnation, but when the poor lass removes abit of body hair shes a sinner, shame how we're quick to judge others, quoteing this and that arguing like fools, Dont think this is what Guru jis intended us to do, seems we take and twist what works best for our selves. Let he without sin cast the first stone christian saying but works well who ever you are. its the Love for God that makes a Sikh not the amount of hair on your body.
Tony

If we are supposed to keep our bodies as God intended then why do I not see any Sikh gentlemen with long finger nails ,Ive seen plenty of females with them but no males, just a thought, why do we cut our toe nails, why do we wear shoes, why do we ride horses and drive cars, biuld houses all the afore mentioned are not natural things yet we do them daily without condemnation, but when the poor lass removes abit of body hair shes a sinner, shame how we're quick to judge others, quoteing this and that arguing like fools, Dont think this is what Guru jis intended us to do, seems we take and twist what works best for our selves. Let he without sin cast the first stone christian saying but works well who ever you are. its the Love for God that makes a Sikh not the amount of hair on your body.
Tony

Tony, if you go through this thread your questions are answered. Women are not singled out here and neither did the Tenth Nanak single out women to obey this Hukam; its addressed to males and females. You speak of sin, but are not quick enough to realize to go against a Hukam of the Guru is wrong. Keep this is mind. Also you might want to re-think the whole shoe and horse and drive cars thing.

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england

Dear Singh ji I read the first 3pages then skip through the rest due off topic arguing sorry for missing some replies and my post was meant to be taken with a light hearted view. still finger nails are what God gave us and men still trim them.

Dear Singh ji I read the first 3pages then skip through the rest due off topic arguing sorry for missing some replies and my post was meant to be taken with a light hearted view. still finger nails are what God gave us and men still trim them.

Then sir you have 7 pages of reading or skim-reading to do. If you still can't find the answer to the nail thing then I won't mind going into it.

Take care and God Bless

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Tony
I have explained this many times in other threads. First, hair only grows to a certain length whereas nails continue to grow.
Second, humans are tool users. Our tools are not as hard on our nails as they used to be. We do not use our hands like other animals anymore. So it makes sense to trim them.
Hair are different. We don't know why we are the only species with that trait. i mean they grow to a certain length and then stop. Why? many theories have been proposed on why humans have long cranial hair and why males have beards. I will leave it up to you to look at them.
Having hair is the default. Its the cutting of hair that should be questioned.
Raj Kumar Singh: The Backlash! July 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM