• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Exam Tips?

Harvir007

SPNer
Aug 22, 2010
Leicester, England
So it's exam season at the moment and my first exam is a religious studies one and on it I have the choice to answer about Sikhi. So I was wondering if anybody could lend me any tips in answering some of the questions? These questions include:

Part 1
a)What does contraception mean? [1 mark]
b)Name two forms of contraception that might be acceptable to some Sikhs.[2 Marks]
c)Describe the attitude of some Sikhs towards sex before marriage. [3 marks]
d)Explain the beliefs of Sikhs about the value of sexual relationships.[6 marks]
e)'It is the duty of religious people to encourage contraception to avoid the world becoming overpopulated.' Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Sikhism in your answer.[12 marks]

Part 2
a)What does euthanasia mean?[1 Mark]
b)Give two reasons which might lead a person to commit suicide.[2 Marks]
c)Describe the attitude of some Sikhs towards suicide.[3 marks]
d)Explain the attitude of some Sikhs to helping a terminally ill person to die.[6 marks]
e)'Only Waheguru has the right to take life' Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Sikhism in your answer.[12 marks]

I know some people may say that my opinion is my own and other's opinions shouldn't affect my own judgement but I'd just like to see what other people think, this would greatly help me when answering questions asking for other Sikh viewpoints. Thank you :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: