• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Characters In Famous Movies

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
There are some movies which depict Sikhs as a very normal part of the landscape, nothing exaggerated, no need to make any special point or to highlight anything, just a character in the film like any other, except he happens to be a Sikh. I love these kinds of movies, because to me it seems like they come closest to depicting how Sikhs are in real-life, integrated into the society, and responsible, contributing members of the community.

A few come to mind, are there any others?

The English Patient
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Darjeeling Limited
Inside Man
The Jury (British mini-series)

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
The Grand Budapest Hotel. It came out this year. I haven't watched it, but it got good reviews.

Waris-Buda-a.jpg

Waris-Buda-b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWDQEC1Qong

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Who can forget Kabir Bedi as Gobinda, the villian's aide in the 1983 Bond movie Octopussy, although, as you know, Bond movies are nothing without exaggeration.:grinningsingh:
In fact, Kabir Bedi is the only Bollywood actor to have acted in a Bond movie so far.

Attachments

• octopussy_s_04_500.jpg
    octopussy_s_04_500.jpg
    29.2 KB · Reads: 307
  • gobinda.jpg
    gobinda.jpg
    39.8 KB · Reads: 846

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Khan Noonien Singh, the villian of Star Wars sci-fi franchise, is also a Sikh. His role was played by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2013 movie Star Trek Into Darkness.

Khan is depicted as a North Indian from a family of Sikhs. "Khan" is a title; his parents are from Chandigarh, Punjab, India and are both eugenic scientists.

Attachments

• c945a5fae4cc8d26ed2dbb4041575f9f.jpg
    c945a5fae4cc8d26ed2dbb4041575f9f.jpg
    27.6 KB · Reads: 301

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: