• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh And Non-Vegiterian Food

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
Re: Sikh and No-Vegiterian Food

lee said:
So eat meat if you want, or don't eat it if you don't want. However don't think that by not eating meat you get closer to God, Grur Granth Sahib tells us time and time again that this type of thinking is pandit thinking, don't think like a Pandit, think like a Sikh.

[/FONT]
and there it is.. the fat lady has sung. no more to say on this topic for now. thank you Lee.

god bless
:wah:[/quote]

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA

Lee said:
Hey Bindy ji,

I know the one you mean. It has been posted at the beginging of this tread.

Personaly I read it to mean arguing about wether or not to eat meat is stupid also I have just found this:

What good is food, and what good are clothes,
if the True Lord does not abide within the mind?
What good are fruits, what good is ghee, sweet jaggery, what good is flour, and what good is meat?
What good are clothes, and what good is a soft bed, to enjoy pleasures and sensual delights?
What good is an army, and what good are soldiers, servants and mansions to live in?
O Nanak, without the True Name, all this paraphernalia shall disappear

From this I can ask then if fruit, ghee, jaggery, clothes, soft beds, soldiers, servants, mansions and meat are all forbiden in Sikhi?

The answer I would get I'm guesing is don't be so stupid.

So what does this mean? I read it to mean that all that is important is God, without God in your life the rest is meaningless paraphenalia. So eat meat if you want, or don't eat it if you don't want. However don't think that by not eating meat you get closer to God, Grur Granth Sahib tells us time and time again that this type of thinking is pandit thinking, don't think like a Pandit, think like a Sikh.

Arguing about eating meat is like arguing about which daily newspapers is best, ultimatly it doesn't matter.

[/FONT]

I guess the question is whether ahimsa is a principle in one's spiritual path.

Om shanti shanti Om
Satyaban

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

If we see Adi Udasi or Adi Nath or Adi Nihung ShivJi(not the God Shiva ie Akal but lord Shiva).

That Shive keeps are trident ,and also wears the hide of the deer.And not only this his biffercated blcak wife Godess Kali did drank blood of raktbeej(a sort of demon,who are reprodueced with each drop of thier blood falling on ground).

so if we see Sanatan or Vedic Dharam also as per as Das we could at least say that if offended we can use force and to maintain the level of force we need to have pratice of violence even during peace time.

in Army we say,'more we swet in peace,less we bleed in war.

Mar 22, 2008
:happysingh: forget everything what is said just answer my question is it fair to kill anyone n eat.
then why do people shout when someone kills your family members why punish them?.
how about someone kills your son,daughter n eat their flesh:yum:
please express your feelings then we can discuss is it good or bad

Bmandur

SPNer
May 15, 2008
Canada

Pakhandi Baba

I do not understand your views.
Please if you can not understand Guru Granth Sahib Ji,than let me know I will make sure you understand the words and meaning

Thanks
BMandur

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM