• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Should We Have To Pay For Darshan Of Sri Harimandir Sahib (Golden Temple)

hchohan

SPNer
Dec 6, 2006
Coventry, UK
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hello All
I'm seeking opinions on this matter.
I live in the UK and currently subscribe to Alpha ETC Punjabi channel via satellite. The only programming we watch on Alpha is "Gurbani LIVE from the Golden Temple" and the occasional news report. Which got me thinking - should we really be paying £10 per month for that privilege..? What about those who cannot afford that cost - should they be denied this glorious seva..?

There are numerous facets to this argument that I will briefly outline.
- Gurbani is the same not matter where you access it from (Gurdwara, Home, Internet).
- LIVE audio Gurbani from Harimandir Sahib is available via the internet.
- If it were to be aired "free" - who should cover the cost of this seva - Alpha, SGPC or Sangat..?

Unfortunately I do not have enough facts around the matter to understand why the situation is as it is. I do not know to what level the SGPC/Alpha control and finance these broadcasts. I do not know the projected costs of making such broadcasts "free".
My gut feeling is that the SGPC should spend some of the money it accumulates in such seva (as well as hospitals/charities etc) - but again I have no idea what the financial situation of the SGPC is like (probably a whole other discussion).
If that is possible what would be the best way of making this happen..? An online petition..?

I do not know the best way to go about raising awareness of this issue or garnering support. Hence I am very keen to get opinions on this matter from the sangat via forums such as this.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: