Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1984 Shiv Sena Hindustan to Launch Month-Long Yatra in Punjab

Discussion in 'History of Sikhism' started by Mai Harinder Kaur, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

Shiv Sena Hindustan to launch month-long yatra in Punjab

Press Trust Of India

Chandigarh, October 03, 2010
    First Published: 20:23 IST(3/10/2010)
    Last Updated: 20:25 IST(3/10/2010)
    <table width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>The Shiv Sena Hindustan today announced that it would launch a month-long yatra from Patiala to Amritsar on November 14 to press for various demands in Punjab. The demands included adequate compensation to families of Hindus killed in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, minority community status to Hindus in Punjab and economic package to Hindus killed during the militancy period in the state.

It also expressed disappointment over the recent High Court ruling in the Ayodhya title suit, and pledged its support to the Hindu Mahasabha in moving the Supreme Court against the verdict.

"We are strongly opposed to division of Ramjanambhoomi into three parts....it is not going to bring smooth results," party president Pawan Kumar told reporters here. He also lashed out at Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray for his alleged utterances against north Indians.

I suggest this article primarily for comic relief .

I think the line
    The demands included adequate compensation
    to families of Hindus killed in 1984 anti-Sikh riots,

was especially hilarious. Somehow the idea of the family of the murderer I killed getting paid while our widows and their families are living in drug-infested ghettos seems gallows humour at its very best.
    Laughing beats all hell out of crying, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    India Shiv Sena demands ban on ‘Sadda Haq’ movie, threatens protest Breaking News Apr 1, 2013
    Punjab Shiv Sena Activist Offers to Hang Militant Bhullar Hard Talk May 30, 2011
    Sikh News Mann Dal, Punjab Shiv Sena clash in Tarn Taran Breaking News Dec 4, 2006
    Sikh News Shiv Sena Workers and SAD(A) Clash Breaking News Dec 4, 2006
    Sikh News Shiv Sena Supports the New Anti-Panthic Spokesman Daily Breaking News Dec 12, 2005

3. dalbirk

dalbirk
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Shiv Sena Hindustan is a Dummy Group floated by the Congress Party

• Like Like x 5
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Thanks Mai ji

Because I read this article on alerts and did not know what do do - laugh or cry. With your permission I am giggling.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

Keep giggling! And eat some ice cream, too!icecreamkudi

• Like Like x 2
  6. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Sometimes it looks to me that everything in India is planted by congress.From Bal thackerey to Raj thackerey and many many regional parties were/are floated by congress.Is it any wonder that out of 63 years they ruled India for 50 years and still still despite so much corruption and poverty we Don't see anyone could become PM except Rahul Gandhi in Near Future

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

There is also an...ALL INDIA AKALI DAL....to balance it out..he he he
    These JOKERS are at the forefront in full dastars and beards etc to give a wrong twist to any matter and fuel passions and they unsheath long kirpans as well and the Media carries them prominnetly on First Page News !! Its their policy to NEVER highlight any SIKH ISSUE.

• Like Like x 4
  8. davinderdhanjal

davinderdhanjal United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> This is the first time of hearing of ‘Hindus killed in 1984 riots’
    Sikhs are very sorry to hear that- may be you can present a list – did they come unprepared or without police protection – sounds very careless of them. Was that in the first three days of the carnage or later?
    I think the police were quite careful to record certain FIR in these three days (it apparently did not accept any from Sikhs) so they should have documented evidence and should use the full force of Indian justice to sue the Sikhs (I guess the Sikhs must be the perpetrators) in Western courts to ensure Justice as Indian courts may be unhelpful to them as it seems.
    Guru Nanak to Guru Gobind Singh will help you again if Indian Government cannot.
    Sarbat Ka Balah

9. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I killed one. One of my prouder moments actually. :swordfight-kudiyan:

Idiot had just killed my son. Very bad idea to kill the cub in front of the lioness. animatedkhanda1