Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Shift Key and 2003

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Joshua K Briley, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Joshua K Briley

    Joshua K Briley
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003. I have a login script that runs when
    the db is loaded. I used to be able to bypass that login script on the .mdb
    version of the database, and go straight to my tables, queries, etc. In 2003
    the shift key trick isn't working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a
    bunch.
    --
    Somecallmejosh
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Christianity Pope Francis signals remarkable shift in priorities for Catholics Interfaith Dialogues Sep 20, 2013
    India Akali Dal’s Goa conclave reinforces ideological shift Breaking News Mar 31, 2013
    India Sex Scandal Probe Shifted to CIA Breaking News Mar 9, 2011
    World Multiculturalism fails in Europe as public mood shifts hard right Breaking News Oct 30, 2010
    Sikh News FINAL RIFT: Ravidassia shrines shift out Guru Granth Sahib saroops Breaking News Jul 19, 2009

  3. strive4peace

    strive4peace
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi Joshua,

    in Access, make sure you have not disabled the use of SHIFT.
    I am guessing it would be Use Special Access Keys under
    Tools, Startup...

    Warm Regards,
    Crystal
    Microsoft Access MVP 2006

    *
    Have an awesome day ;)

    remote programming and training
    strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com

    *

    Joshua K Briley wrote:
    > I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003. I have a login script that runs when
    > the db is loaded. I used to be able to bypass that login script on the .mdb
    > version of the database, and go straight to my tables, queries, etc. In 2003
    > the shift key trick isn't working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a
    > bunch.
     
  4. Joshua K Briley

    Joshua K Briley
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Crystal,

    Thanks for your quick response. The selection to which you refer is
    selected. My issue is that I cannot get into the .mdb for any of the db's
    for which I have associated .mde's. I can create a new database and select
    the function to which you refer. Should I create a new database and copy
    over the existing items from the old database, in an effort to avoid my
    current issues?

    Somecallmejosh


    "strive4peace" <"strive4peace2006 at yaho" wrote:

    > Hi Joshua,
    >
    > in Access, make sure you have not disabled the use of SHIFT.
    > I am guessing it would be Use Special Access Keys under
    > Tools, Startup...
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    > Crystal
    > Microsoft Access MVP 2006
    >
    > *
    > Have an awesome day ;)
    >
    > remote programming and training
    > strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
    >
    > *
    >
    > Joshua K Briley wrote:
    > > I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003. I have a login script that runs when
    > > the db is loaded. I used to be able to bypass that login script on the .mdb
    > > version of the database, and go straight to my tables, queries, etc. In 2003
    > > the shift key trick isn't working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a
    > > bunch.

    >
     
  5. strive4peace

    strive4peace
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi Joshua,

    you're welcome

    I do not use MDE's but my understanding is that they are not
    as flexible, naturally, as MDB files, so perhaps that is why
    the SHIFT is not working

    Are you actually opening an MDB or an MDE file?

    When you say an "associated" MDE -- what exactly do you
    mean? That you have turned that MDB into an MDE?

    Also, I am not sure if that is the checkbox that disables
    SHIFT -- you might try checking each of the boxes and
    experimenting a little.

    Making a blank database and importing objects may be a
    good idea -- but it could be something in your environment
    that is disabling SHIFT...

    Warm Regards,
    Crystal
    Microsoft Access MVP 2006

    *
    Have an awesome day ;)

    remote programming and training
    strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com

    *

    Joshua K Briley wrote:
    > Crystal,
    >
    > Thanks for your quick response. The selection to which you refer is
    > selected. My issue is that I cannot get into the .mdb for any of the db's
    > for which I have associated .mde's. I can create a new database and select
    > the function to which you refer. Should I create a new database and copy
    > over the existing items from the old database, in an effort to avoid my
    > current issues?
    >
    > Somecallmejosh
    >
    >
    > "strive4peace" <"strive4peace2006 at yaho" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi Joshua,
    >>
    >>in Access, make sure you have not disabled the use of SHIFT.
    >> I am guessing it would be Use Special Access Keys under
    >>Tools, Startup...
    >>
    >>Warm Regards,
    >>Crystal
    >>Microsoft Access MVP 2006
    >>
    >> *
    >> Have an awesome day ;)
    >>
    >> remote programming and training
    >> strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com
    >>
    >> *
    >>
    >>Joshua K Briley wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003. I have a login script that runs when
    >>>the db is loaded. I used to be able to bypass that login script on the .mdb
    >>>version of the database, and go straight to my tables, queries, etc. In 2003
    >>>the shift key trick isn't working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a
    >>>bunch.

    >>
     
  6. Krizhek

    Krizhek
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Just a shot in the dark. but with 2003 you have various warnings that pop up
    when you open the file. I am assuming that you problem may be that you shift
    + open the file then when the warnings pop up you may be releasing the shift
    key. If you are doing this then what you need to hold down the shift key
    thru all the warnings until the file is actually open.

    PS: you can also just open the file and after you go thru the warnings and
    it pops up a dialog to open the file select shift and click the open command.

    Good luck.
    "Joshua K Briley" wrote:

    > I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003. I have a login script that runs when
    > the db is loaded. I used to be able to bypass that login script on the .mdb
    > version of the database, and go straight to my tables, queries, etc. In 2003
    > the shift key trick isn't working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a
    > bunch.
    > --
    > Somecallmejosh
     
  7. strive4peace

    strive4peace
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    excellent point...

    Warm Regards,
    Crystal
    Microsoft Access MVP 2006

    *
    Have an awesome day ;)

    remote programming and training
    strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com

    *

    Krizhek wrote:
    > Just a shot in the dark. but with 2003 you have various warnings that pop up
    > when you open the file. I am assuming that you problem may be that you shift
    > + open the file then when the warnings pop up you may be releasing the shift
    > key. If you are doing this then what you need to hold down the shift key
    > thru all the warnings until the file is actually open.
    >
    > PS: you can also just open the file and after you go thru the warnings and
    > it pops up a dialog to open the file select shift and click the open command.
    >
    > Good luck.
    > "Joshua K Briley" wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2003. I have a login script that runs when
    >>the db is loaded. I used to be able to bypass that login script on the .mdb
    >>version of the database, and go straight to my tables, queries, etc. In 2003
    >>the shift key trick isn't working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a
    >>bunch.
    >>--
    >>Somecallmejosh
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page