• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Shere Punjab

navroopsingh

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
I guess this is one of the instances in which Guru Gobind Singh Ji said to fight against. If they are trying to force others into islam and corrupt our youth, stop them using any method possible(as long as all peaceful methods have been exhausted)...i for one know that guru ji would not want us sitting around while all this ******** was happening:}--}:

BrinderSingh

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
United Kingdom
my uncle was a founder of Shere Punjab, it was a group to protect the Sikhs against other cultures such as Muslims or people of black ethnicity. It wasn't a racist extremist group but more of a community group. They had nothing to do with the selling of drugs in Birmingham. They were simply there to protect.

nikki1

SPNer
Oct 15, 2008
The shere punjab is a group of Sikh guys who are linked to some gudwaras. These guys stop our Sikh girls who go off with Muslims. In the 1990's a the shere punjab's came to Slough "Chalvey" and were draging out Sikh gals from Muslim guys homes, these Muslims where taking advantage of out Sikh girls sending them off to Pakistan and selling them. I have uncles who where in the Shere Punjab group and who still are.

Mar 26, 2006
Hi Nikki
Nice to know this info..I have defended Shere Punjab and have tried to get in touch with them. There was one video on youtube which was pulled down..i had tried to get in touch ..hey can you help me with contacts ..there is something i need to discuss with them..

Raaj Karega Khalsa

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
The shere punjab is a group of Sikh guys who are linked to some gudwaras. These guys stop our Sikh girls who go off with Muslims. In the 1990's a the shere punjab's came to Slough "Chalvey" and were draging out Sikh gals from Muslim guys homes, these Muslims where taking advantage of out Sikh girls sending them off to Pakistan and selling them. I have uncles who where in the Shere Punjab group and who still are.

If they can stop this:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:FOsjkSNgJgQJ:www.sikh4aweek.blogspot.co m/+http://sikh4aweek.blogspot.com/&hl=nl&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=nl

Then I think we need Shere Punjab again.

Mar 26, 2006
The bhen****hods ...Randip veerji should we circulate this around ,,every sikh/hindu site...we need to get this man...and the group...when will our singhnis realise ..sometimes i feel we need someone like Santji around ..am i right ? i dont agree 100% with him but yea a lot of things ..i do ....had he been around would he have tolerated this ??..my blood boils and i feel choked and helpless...

THE TIME FOR DHARAMYUDH HAS COME ...

SAWAA LAKH TE EK LADAWAA..GURU GOBINDSINGH NAAM DHARAWAA...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rajkhalsa ji

You now I have a lot of respect for you. In saying this, no disrespect is intended. However, look at the blog very closely and tell me if it is not possible for some of those pic's to have been copied from other sites: Facebook, MySpace, etc. This author "Don" could then write whatever he wanted. Could it be that some of the women do not even realize what has happened to them?

Women are being defamed here. Our anger needs to be focused on "Don" the individual who did this, taking constructive action against him. Don't waste energy feeling "choked and helpless." Start a campaign to make blogger sites and Google more socially responsible and develop policies against this kind of thing.

What kind of DHARAMYUDH do you have in mind? You can't put women in harems and force them to cover their faces or be photographed only with permission of fathers and husbands (as in the Sudan). Stick up for the women on principle! Work against the bloggers who do this.

I am reading all this negativity here and on the Sikh Girls Beware thread about the women and almost nothing against the blogger or Blogspot or Google. Concerted action!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Here are some activist action items.

1. A mass email and letter writing campaign to London, Birmingham, Wolverton police demanding that the blog and the blogger be investigated.

2. Letters to the Sikh Coalition, and their Outreach branch in the San Francisco Bay Area, asking that demonstrations be staged at multiple sites where Google (who owns Blogspot) and Blogspot, MyFace, and Facebook are located. Signs, bull horns, chants, marches demonstrations against their harmful editorial policies.

3. This blog was first on Facebook, and then it moved to Blogspot. Make the social network sites squirm in the Internet press but posting articles on Internet e-zines about the abuse of women, and Sikh women in particular.

4. Start an online petition and notify the social network and blog sites of your intent, and then give them progress reports about the number of signatures. You would need a web site where the signatures could be collected.

5. Send letters and notice of the petitions to the ADVERTISERS on these sites. Social network sites and blog sites are free to members because their business model is based on revenue from advertisers. This will make them take a good look at their ability to attract and keep advertisers.

By stopping/grabbing Sikh girls -- only the girls are shamed. The guys will just start another blog.

Even if none of these ideas works by itself, the continual hammering of these shameful, public displays against women will in time make them very anxious because "social responsibility" is very big in corporate America, even if it is motivated only by greed for profits.

I forgot this one thing. Gurdwaras....Ask for time to speak to gurdwara committees. Ask them to make time during announcements or give space of bulletin boards and web sites to educate and alert young women to the danger of joining the social networks. Find out if the membership will write letters of protest. In the UK gurdwaras use web sites extensively. This particular "blog".... it is not the first one to defame women.

Mar 26, 2006
You are right aadji..i am now finding out a way..well..i was so furious ..i dint even notice i was using bad language..Dharamyudh is not abt stopping gals..its abt fight against evil..fight for righteousness....the ways you suggested to get him are amazing ..aadji i m not ever wanting to gag the freedom of any female ..

i really thank you from my heart..we shall get to work from here ..i shall mail all the people aap ji have mentioned ...

bahot bahot dhanvaadji ...lets try to get each and everyone from this forum...to contribute ....

Raaj Karega Khalsa

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
You are right aadji..i am now finding out a way..well..i was so furious ..i dint even notice i was using bad language..Dharamyudh is not abt stopping gals..its abt fight against evil..fight for righteousness....the ways you suggested to get him are amazing ..aadji i m not ever wanting to gag the freedom of any female ..

i really thank you from my heart..we shall get to work from here ..i shall mail all the people aap ji have mentioned ...

bahot bahot dhanvaadji ...lets try to get each and everyone from this forum...to contribute ....

Raaj Karega Khalsa

I think the P******d word has become second nature to many Sikhs :p

the action we need to take must be in an intelligent manner.

Education is the key here. Educating both Sikh men and women to have self respect. Educating parents not to be so strict on their kids that turn to people like these Islamofascists. Also educating everyone on the core values of Sikhism.

This video says a lot about the state of the self confidence of our own children:

YouTube - Regretful British Punjabi Girl Talks About Some Predatory Muslim Males

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Raaj Karega Khalsa

Another thougt, RajKhalsa ji, is to use your network of fellow Gursikhs in Uk, India, Malaysia, Singapore, US and Cananda to work both separately as individuals and together as a network on these projects. More letters and more complaints equals one big nuisance that won't go away. That is what you want to do -- hit them in the pocketbook.

And Randip ji is totally correct about educating people.

Mar 26, 2006
i shall surely shall try to get to people this message ...i dont have many contacts in the UK ..just a few ..but they are good ones ..of our type...randipji is absolutely right..can we guys of this forum go for a joint action ..what say guys ..voice in ..moderators we need you ...here ..jump in ..voice and extend your support...through this forum ..spread this message ...

we debate and censor ...we jump to pull down images ..but if this doesnt shock you and send a chill into your spine ..i dont know what else will...

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
i wonder why people are getting angry about the pictures of "sikhs" and not of "girls" or as a matter of fact any human.

Nov 18, 2009
Shere punjab is a weak gang bases in birmingham i know where the leader live they had good objectives at the start but messed up and turned into one bad man gangs who hang around the melas trying to cause fight

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I have copied a definition of "terroristic threat" below. This is a crime and goes by different names in different legal jurisdictions. It is illegal on the Internet, in most countries including the US, Canada, UK, and India. Just as it is illegal to threaten violence against an individual or group in ordinary life, so it is illegal to do the same on the Internet. Please be advised as to the seriousness of this infraction. It will not be tolerated and will lead to immediate ban as an SPN member.

At SPN we have had to deal with similar situations in the past. If anyone requires additional information regarding definitions and punishment under the law in other jurisdictions, let me know. Since our servers are located in the US, we will follow US criminal code.

A terroristic threat is a crime generally involving a threat to commit violence communicated with the intent to terrorize another, to cause evacuation of a building, or to cause serious public inconvenience, in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. It may mean an offense against property or involving danger to another person that may include but is not limited to recklessly endangering another person, harassment, stalking, ethnic intimidation, and criminal mischief.

The following is an example of a Texas statute dealing with terroristic threats:

TERRORISTIC THREAT

(a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

1. cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;
2. place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;
3. prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building; room; place of assembly; place to which the public has access; place of employment or occupation; aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance; or other public place;
4. cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;
5. place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or
6. influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/t/terroristic-threat/

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM