• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sheikh Farid Ji Bani/ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਜੀਉ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ – No. 2 In Series

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
ਆਸਾ
Āsā.
Aasaa

ਬੋਲੈ ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦੁ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਅਲਹ ਲਗੇ ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਹੋਸੀ ਖਾਕ ਨਿਮਾਣੀ ਗੋਰ ਘਰੇ ੧॥
Bolai Sekẖ Farīḏ pi▫āre alah lage. Ih ṯan hosī kẖāk nimāṇī gor gẖare. ||1||
Says Sheikh Farid, my dear enjoin the creator. This body will become dust in lowly grave.

ਆਜੁ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਟਾਕਿਮ ਕੂੰਜੜੀਆ ਮਨਹੁ ਮਚਿੰਦੜੀਆ ੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
Āj milāvā Sekẖ Farīḏ tākim kūnjaṛī▫ā manhu macẖinḏ▫ṛī▫ā. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Sheikh Farid , such can meet today, control body organs and mind disturbing

ਜੇ ਜਾਣਾ ਮਰਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਘੁਮਿ ਆਈਐ ਝੂਠੀ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਲਗਿ ਆਪੁ ਵਞਾਈਐ ੨॥
Je jāṇā mar jā▫ī▫ai gẖum na ā▫ī▫ai. Jẖūṯẖī ḏunī▫ā lag na āp vañā▫ī▫ai. ||2||
When knowing that to die, not returning. Should not attach to false word and subvert self.

ਬੋਲੀਐ ਸਚੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਝੂਠੁ ਬੋਲੀਐ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੁ ਦਸੈ ਵਾਟ ਮੁਰੀਦਾ ਜੋਲੀਐ ੩॥
Bolī▫ai sacẖ ḏẖaram jẖūṯẖ na bolī▫ai. Jo gur ḏasai vāt murīḏā jolī▫ai. ||3||
Speak the true ways, do not tell lies. So walk the path laid out by the creator.

ਛੈਲ ਲੰਘੰਦੇ ਪਾਰਿ ਗੋਰੀ ਮਨੁ ਧੀਰਿਆ ਕੰਚਨ ਵੰਨੇ ਪਾਸੇ ਕਲਵਤਿ ਚੀਰਿਆ ੪॥
Cẖẖail langẖanḏe pār gorī man ḏẖīri▫ā. Kancẖan vanne pāse kalvaṯ cẖīri▫ā. ||4||
Seeing the young ones traverse across, the bride’s mind is encouraged. So get cut by saw, as so engrossed in shimmer of gold

ਸੇਖ ਹੈਯਾਤੀ ਜਗਿ ਕੋਈ ਥਿਰੁ ਰਹਿਆ ਜਿਸੁ ਆਸਣਿ ਹਮ ਬੈਠੇ ਕੇਤੇ ਬੈਸਿ ਗਇਆ ੫॥
Sekẖ haiyāṯī jag na ko▫ī thir rahi▫ā. Jis āsaṇ ham baiṯẖe keṯe bais ga▫i▫ā. ||5||
Sheikh, no one lives for ever in the world. Place where we sit, many have sat and departed.

ਕਤਿਕ ਕੂੰਜਾਂ ਚੇਤਿ ਡਉ ਸਾਵਣਿ ਬਿਜੁਲੀਆਂ ਸੀਆਲੇ ਸੋਹੰਦੀਆਂ ਪਿਰ ਗਲਿ ਬਾਹੜੀਆਂ ੬॥
Kaṯik kūʼnjāʼn cẖeṯ da▫o sāvaṇ bijulī▫āʼn. Sī▫āle sohanḏī▫āʼn pir gal bāhṛī▫āʼn. ||6||
Swallos come in October, March sees forest fires, July sees lightening. Winter sees beautiful arms of bride around the spouse’s neck.

ਚਲੇ ਚਲਣਹਾਰ ਵਿਚਾਰਾ ਲੇਇ ਮਨੋ ਗੰਢੇਦਿਆਂ ਛਿਅ ਮਾਹ ਤੁੜੰਦਿਆ ਹਿਕੁ ਖਿਨੋ ੭॥
Cẖale cẖalaṇhār vicẖārā le▫e mano. Gandẖeḏi▫āʼn cẖẖi▫a māh ṯuṛanḏi▫ā hik kẖino. ||7||
Mind consider, one destined to leave and depart. Making takes six months to be and a moment to break.

ਜਿਮੀ ਪੁਛੈ ਅਸਮਾਨ ਫਰੀਦਾ ਖੇਵਟ ਕਿੰਨਿ ਗਏ ਜਾਲਣ ਗੋਰਾਂ ਨਾਲਿ ਉਲਾਮੇ ਜੀਅ ਸਹੇ ੮॥੨॥
Jimī pucẖẖai asmān Farīḏā kẖevat kinn ga▫e. Jālaṇ gorāʼn nāl ulāme jī▫a sahe. ||8||2||
Earth so asks the sky, how many rovers passed by. Bodies so rot in graves, soul puts up with criticism.

ESSENCE: Baba Farid ji suggest one to recognize the creator and the eternal creative cycles of the creator. Being at peace in the company of the creation of such creator without attachments to worldly and so perishable.
Please note all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: I plan to post all of Sheikh Farid ji’s bani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Where as Sabads I will do complete Sabads and then a reasonable size of stanzas as appropriate. Any suggestions always welcome.

BABA FARID JI - BOLAIY SHEIKH FARID, AAJ MILAWA SHEIKH FARI - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O2Roq-VmxGo#t=223s

(Note: Sheikh Farid ji's sabad starts around 3 minutes and 45 seconds from the start)

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sheikh farid ji reaffirming that there is NO REINCARNATION....NO COMING BACK..no RETURNING....Speak the TRUTH...the Dharam..DONT LIE...follow what the GURU says...as Guru Ji has also affirmed that..this..... millan ke eko barriah..One chance to meet HIM..human body !!..no rturns..no coming back..nothing else...But those in charge of "dharam" and their agents of deception..continue to lie and decieve...do this and you will get into Heaven..dont do this or you will rot in Hell...(Mostly its..GIVE ME..and go to Heaven....AVOID giving ME..and end up in Hell..all that Daan Punn Paap bull.**** is mainly priestly class/brahman/prohit/pandit/gyani/granthi/brahmgyani/baba ji/mahapurash/sri 108 BS.) Guru ji had DRIVEN these OUT of the Dharamsaal/Gurdwara..( Just as Jesus ji did to the priests inside the Temple in Jerusalem and the Priestly BACKLASH to their deprivation of livelihood was to crucify him)...but in just under 500 years these LOOTERS have established themselves once more in the Gurdwaras..and placed the GOLUCK before the GURU can be approached- Religious TOLL TAX....and subsequent adharam..lies..cheating..fraud..fights...The GOLUCK is protected with steel safes, multiple locks and chains and cctv cameras...BUT the GURU on His Palki is left UNATTENDED !! When a Goluck is broken into..all mayhem breaks loose..but when a miscreant tears the pages of sggs..desecrates the bir etc..an ardass is done and the matter is forgotten..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM