• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News She Died Because She Didn’t Bring An AC

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
She died because she didn’t bring an AC

She was driven to death, allegedly because she did not bring in an air conditioner. 22-year-old Preeti Kaur was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her room at her husband's residence in Moti Nagar.

Police said she committed suicide because she was being harassed by her in-laws for not bringing in “enough” dowry.

According to police, Kaur and Sarabjeet Singh, a call centre employee in Mayapuri, got married three months back. The deceased had also been working in the same organisation. She resigned after she got married.
Incidentally, Sarabjeet Singh also left his job a few days ago.
The West Delhi Police have registered a case of dowry death and have arrested Preeti's mother-in-law, Rajender Kaur (47) and Sarabjeet Singh (24).

“We received a PCR call around 6.30 pm. We sent her to the DDU Hospital where she was declared brought dead. A SDM enquiry was ordered and it was on his recommendations that we lodged a relevant case," said Deputy Commissioner of Police

(West) Sharad Aggarwal.

The deceased's mother, Amarjeet Kaur, alleged her daughter often complained of dowry harassment.

"I would ask her to adjust herself in a new place. I said everything would be normal after a couple of months. I was so wrong."

Preeti’s brother, Lucky alleged that his family was first informed by her in-laws that Kaur was ill on Sunday evening. "We were informed about the death much later," he said.

The police said they are investigating why Sarabjeet had given up his job.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Page 79, Line 2
ਹੋਰਿ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਦਾਜੁ ਜਿ ਰਖਿ ਦਿਖਾਲਹਿ ਸੁ ਕੂੜੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਕਚੁ ਪਾਜੋ ॥
होरि मनमुख दाजु जि रखि दिखालहि सु कूड़ु अहंकारु कचु पाजो ॥
Hor manmukẖ ḏāj jė rakẖ ḏikẖālėh so kūṛ ahaʼnkār kacẖ pājo.
Any other dowry, which the self-willed manmukhs offer for show, is only false egotism and a worthless display.
Guru Ram Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: