Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh News She died because she didn’t bring an AC

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by kds1980, Jul 28, 2009.

1. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

She died because she didn’t bring an AC

She was driven to death, allegedly because she did not bring in an air conditioner. 22-year-old Preeti Kaur was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her room at her husband's residence in Moti Nagar.

Police said she committed suicide because she was being harassed by her in-laws for not bringing in “enough” dowry.

According to police, Kaur and Sarabjeet Singh, a call centre employee in Mayapuri, got married three months back. The deceased had also been working in the same organisation. She resigned after she got married.
    Incidentally, Sarabjeet Singh also left his job a few days ago.
    The West Delhi Police have registered a case of dowry death and have arrested Preeti's mother-in-law, Rajender Kaur (47) and Sarabjeet Singh (24).

“We received a PCR call around 6.30 pm. We sent her to the DDU Hospital where she was declared brought dead. A SDM enquiry was ordered and it was on his recommendations that we lodged a relevant case," said Deputy Commissioner of Police

(West) Sharad Aggarwal.

The deceased's mother, Amarjeet Kaur, alleged her daughter often complained of dowry harassment.

"I would ask her to adjust herself in a new place. I said everything would be normal after a couple of months. I was so wrong."

Preeti’s brother, Lucky alleged that his family was first informed by her in-laws that Kaur was ill on Sunday evening. "We were informed about the death much later," he said.

The police said they are investigating why Sarabjeet had given up his job.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Loading...

3. purelife32

purelife32
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

wow! what a story, even though i hear many stories like this; but still each time i wonder how off track sikhs are in todays world and it hurts me as an individual and as a sikh.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

I hope they have AC in the Cell these {censored word, do not repeat.} are going to end up in....hopefully ??:mad::mad::mad:
    Never treat anothers daughter as their own...:8-:):8-:):8-:)

• Like Like x 6
  5. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Page 79, Line 2
    ਹੋਰਿ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਦਾਜੁ ਜਿ ਰਖਿ ਦਿਖਾਲਹਿ ਸੁ ਕੂੜੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਕਚੁ ਪਾਜੋ ॥
    होरि मनमुख दाजु जि रखि दिखालहि सु कूड़ु अहंकारु कचु पाजो ॥
    Hor manmukẖ ḏāj jė rakẖ ḏikẖālėh so kūṛ ahaʼnkār kacẖ pājo.
    Any other dowry, which the self-willed manmukhs offer for show, is only false egotism and a worthless display.
    Guru Ram Das - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

• Like Like x 2
    #4 Astroboy, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016