• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Shabat Katha? Shabad Kirtan? What Is Going On In Gurdwaras Sahib?

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
aad ji

the post i made is a clip from 1970’s

The video you posted is quite recent

Maybe he has grown a beard.

But it’s the same Bhai Lall

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
AAd Ji,
Gurfateh.

Your concerns are valid.

1. First things first....Genealogy..descendantship..blood ties..etc has absolutley NOTHING/NO VALUE in Gurmatt. THREE GURUS SAHIBS PROVED THIS TO US..right at the Beginning stages of Sikhi, when it was in its INFANCY STAGE and thus more vunerable. Guur nanak ji, Guur Angad Hi and Guru Amardass Ji REJECTED their First Born/Eldest/Son/Blood relations etc etc and CHOSE those they tested and found as most SUITABLE as successors. ALL the chosen Successors proved that Choice CORRECT and didnt fail Gurmatt in any Way. Thus Bhai mardana Jis "blood ties" with anyone shoudnlt count in the equation at all...and SHOULDNT EVEN BE MENTIONED..as it demeans in a way what the First THREE Gurus did.
Those who mention this descendancy have FAILED the GURU Jis...just as badly as those who RUSH TO BOW to a BEDI SAHIB..a BHALLA SAHIB..a SODHI SAHIB..etc..etc in the hope that somehow the Gurus "blood" line will be/is/maybe ??? something "greater than their TEACHINGS..the SGGS ???.
Thus I Totally REJECT anyone hwo claims to be 17th or whatever descendant of Guru Ji, Bhai mardana Ji, Bhai Mian Mir Ji, Bhai Budhu Shah ji..Bhai Farid Ji...etc etc etc. SO WHAT ?? i say. WE MUST emphahsise their QUALITIES..their KNOWLEDGE..the way they FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS of SGGS....are they SINCERE ?? or merely PEDDLING their ancestory ???

2. Yes its most probably the SAME bhai lall Ji....Muslims too can grow a beard.. ( IN FACT dastaars and BEARDS were Banned byt eh Muslim Authorities back then as away of SUBJUGATING the HINDUS as SLAVES..hence the Laws that ONLY... Muslims..can wear dastaar, called Sardar, Ride a Horse, keep weapons, grow his hair/beard , walk TALL and straight...etc etc and Guru Hargobind Ji Ji BROKE these LAWS by INSISTING that ALL Sikhs must henceforth Ride horses, keep weapons, carry weapons etc and Guru Gobind Singh ji further made the Long Kesh mandatory wehn He instituted the Khalsa in 1699) The earlier video is of him as a young marassii....intent on keeping his marassi demeanour..and the later video is recent and he is keeping a beard as possibly to avoid directly offending sikhs.

3. DUALITY....is the bane of many. They simply cannot decide which ONE BOAT to take a ride in. Nusrta fateh Khan was a MUSLIM..he died a MUSLIM...and he too SANG much GURBANI...especially Sloks of Fraid Ji from SGGS...but he never pretended to be a Kirtaniya...He sang Gurbani as a labour of Love..and he sang OUTSIDE Gurdwaras..and NOt in the Presence of SGGS. He was firmly in the Muslim Boat. Sadly some cant decide....Bhai lall ji is an example...He wants to be both Muslim and Kirtaniya..which is not acceptable to many SIKHS becasue to them its a sacrilege to see a VISIBLE NON-SIKH "PREACHING" GURMATT/GURBANI to SIKH SANGAT in the Presence of SGGS. After all "kirtan" is NO just ENTERTAINMENT....that an accomplished Ragi sings in the Right raag..perfectly in tune.taal etc...a GROUP of SIKH CHILDREN...singing out of Raag, hopelessly out of tune with Vaja going North and Tabla going East...would be better received IF they are SINCERELY singing out of LOVE of Gurbani rather than for BHETA.

A MUSLIM has a different FAITH system...his beleifs based on the Koran are vastly different from those expressed by the Sikh GURUS in SGGS...can He really reconcile the Gobind Milan kee eh teri bareeah.....with the Muslim beleif in Day of Judgement ?? Or is he just singing Gobind milan kee for a SIKH audence..and then in the Mosque he beleives in the Day of Judgement ?? BHAI MARDANA JI went with GURU NANAK ji ALL the WAY..imho HE CHOSE the ONE PATH and was NOT in Duality.These are Tough choices...one has to make them..one cannot be in DUAL MODE.

Then this leads to a deeper part of the pool...dangerous territory..
1. IF a Muslim with cut beard etc is allowed to PREACH in a Gurdwara to a Sikh Sangat via Gurbani Kirtan ..then would that same rule be followed for a "Sikh" who cuts his beard and is mona ??
2. Then could a Muslim be also allowed to sit Tabiah and do paath or take Hukmanam for a Sikh Sangat and PREACH GURBANI through explaining the Hukm?
3. Then a Muslim may be allowed to distribute DEGH/serve Langgar etc. Would the Muslim hold the Kirpan and degh bhet as a Sikh would (conviction)
4. Would a Muslim be able to DO ARDASS...pray the SIKH ARDASS...honestly...
5. The PANJ PIYARA is really the DEEPEST part of the ocean....tsunami !! no need to even ask ??

The 64 Kror question is WHERE DO WE DRAW the LINE.... the KIRTAN Stage...the Katha Stage..The Tabiah..the Degh Stage..the Ardass Stage... the Panj Stage.... The SIKH REHAT MARYADA draws the LINE at the Kirtan Stage....Right at the BEGINNING. ALL PREACHING of GURBANI to a SIKH SANGAT in a GURDWARA in the Presence of the SGGS MUST be done by a PRACTISING SIKH. Period.
INDIVIDUALLY..for his own self.ANYONE can do all 4 of the ABOVE That is the real BEAUTY of SIKHI/GURMATT...as an INDIVIDUAL..barely learnign to WALK on the Gurmatt Paath..anyone is allowed all FREEDOM to love the Guru in his/her own way....and when duly PROGRESSED to Practising Sikhi Stage...He/she can then PREACH to OTHERS. DO what I DO...there is NO place for Avar updasseh aap na kareh.. Follow what I SAY. (PREACHING) .BUT DONT do what i do..(PRACTISE) .??? is a definite NO NO NO. It has to be.. PREACH and PRACTISE.:advocate::advocate:SRM.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

Who can add anything to your essay? :welcome: It is all there. You touched on all my questions including the ones I did not state explicitly. Truly it was a puzzle to understand what was going on because I picked up nuances that were disturbing in both videos, especially the first one, but also the second one. Mostly I was wondering - What were they doing? And the idea is always there in the background -- they are in a gurdwara, he is giving a katha of sorts, he is not in bana, he does not keep kesh, a big percentage of the sangat is going out the door. Everything was topsy-turvy.

And than you for 4 great lessons in one post.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: